Page 131 of 361 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

mc12345678:

Thanks for the advise. I looked into apsona shopadmin. From just a perusal, it seems rather easy, but I would have to look into it more. I'm down ill, can't sleep, probably call the doctor.

Silver

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    While I haven't used apsona shopadmin, I would like to offer a correction to the above post, EP4 does handle attributes, in fact I had added partial functionality for stock by attributes available through github off of chadderuski's version.

As for other instructions on use, there have been posts in the last several pages about general usage of this plugin including sequencing of imports and exports and building the database for a product.
    Would you please provide the link to "partial functionality for stock by attributes".

Is this functionality for kuroi's version of stock by attribute, recently updated by potteryhouse?
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHD View Post
    mc12345678:

Thanks for the advise. I looked into apsona shopadmin. From just a perusal, it seems rather easy, but I would have to look into it more. I'm down ill, can't sleep, probably call the doctor.

Silver
    One of the things missing from this plugin is a consolidated list of "instructions". In my opinion (and it is just my own opinion) EP4 isn't difficult to use. The operator must only understand the sequence of actions necessary to fully build a product, the importance of the prefix to a file being uploaded, the character(s) necessary to properly import, and the actions that may be necessary to save a properly formatted CSV file. The second and third parts can be figured out by exporting multiple files potentially on different dates/times. The fourth part is described in this forum on page 1. The first part, well, think about how you build a product using the admin panel, and basically you follow the same sequence, but without timeouts and with the potential of multiple products being updated at once.

Again, I do not have a comparison to go by, but the above has been the majority of questions related to EP4.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    Would you please provide the link to "partial functionality for stock by attributes".

Is this functionality for kuroi's version of stock by attribute, recently updated by potteryhouse?
    https://github com/mc12345678/EasyPopulate-4.0/archive/master.zip will download the file, otherwise if you are familiar with github, then remove archive/master.zip and you can navigate through github about the file.

The functionality that was developed was a detailed import/export of SBA data from a SBA table that was designed like what I have installed. Unfortunately, I am not 100% sure which version e installed because I installed it really early on in my work with ZC about 2 years ago, but I do believe it was kuroi's that became robophungs. I know that I had separated the drop down functionality from the product so that I could use SBA in all situations as desired for the site I was working on. If the table is not setup the same as what I had (table name, numberof columns, and column names) then a SBA detailed export option will not appear in the user panel.

I had begun working on the basic import and export, but haven't worked on it since late last year. Partially because I was advised that an update would be coming that would almost completely revise the way things were coded, so I didn't want to introduce multiple differences from what was to become considered a ZC approved package. If too much is/was added in, then it would have to be reworked to fit in the new version, and would rather one product exist that has multiple functionality than to have multiple products that for the most part do the same thing with a little extra. As usual, use at your own risk and make backups before modifying your data/admin/store files.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Partially because I was advised that an update would be coming that would almost completely revise the way things were coded, so I didn't want to introduce multiple differences from what was to become considered a ZC approved package. If too much is/was added in, then it would have to be reworked to fit in the new version, and would rather one product exist that has multiple functionality than to have multiple products that for the most part do the same thing with a little extra. As usual, use at your own risk and make backups before modifying your data/admin/store files.
    Would this update be included in 1.5.2 version of ZC or a later version?
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    Would this update be included in 1.5.2 version of ZC or a later version?
    I am not aware of EP4 (or a similar tool) being incorporated into ZC 1.5.2. If it is not currently in. The version available for review, then it is not expected to be incorporated as a default option. The update I am referriing to is an update to EP4. Supposedly there have been some significant rewrites that are to be packaged into a standard ZC approved package. As it stands this version was allowed to be linked from here early on and identified as Beta like product. As far as I've been able to tell, also, there doesn't seem to be anything about this version that would be an issue for ZC 1.5.2 or at least that would prevent operation, but as said there are other updates expected to the plugin.

Plugin Contributions

"ZC 1.5.1 AND EasyPopulate-4.0-master AND export_shipping_information_V1.3.2.1" out-of-the-box-install.
    Tested on 2 different installations reversing the order of installing EP4 & export-shipping and EP4 fails on both installs. Tested both mods separately and they worked as advertised.

EP4 will export products OK but won't Import them. it goes through the motions without throwing any kind of error but doesn't import any products. Tried several different EP4 files just to be sure it wasn't the file. See results below.

Not sure if "EasyPopulate-4.0-master" or "export_shipping_information_V1.3.2.1" is the issue. In the past I had to install EP4 before I installed any other mods otherwise it wouldn't install so I tend to think it's EP4 causing the problem.

Green Bar At the top says: Success File Import Completed.

Import Results
    Filename: Full-EP2014Feb09-165331.csv
    Finished Processing Import File

Updated records: 0
    New Imported records: 0
    Errors Detected: 0
    Warnings Detected: 0
    Memory Usage: 581144
    Memory Peak: 591464
    Execution Time: 0.000150918960571 seconds.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    "ZC 1.5.1 AND EasyPopulate-4.0-master AND export_shipping_information_V1.3.2.1" out-of-the-box-install.
    Tested on 2 different installations reversing the order of installing EP4 & export-shipping and EP4 fails on both installs. Tested both mods separately and they worked as advertised.

EP4 will export products OK but won't Import them. it goes through the motions without throwing any kind of error but doesn't import any products. Tried several different EP4 files just to be sure it wasn't the file. See results below.

Not sure if "EasyPopulate-4.0-master" or "export_shipping_information_V1.3.2.1" is the issue. In the past I had to install EP4 before I installed any other mods otherwise it wouldn't install so I tend to think it's EP4 causing the problem.

Green Bar At the top says: Success File Import Completed.

Import Results
    Filename: Full-EP2014Feb09-165331.csv
    Finished Processing Import File

Updated records: 0
    New Imported records: 0
    Errors Detected: 0
    Warnings Detected: 0
    Memory Usage: 581144
    Memory Peak: 591464
    Execution Time: 0.000150918960571 seconds.
    What spreadsheet program did you use for your data? Looks like the file was blank for the most part based on the report copied from the screen. Or at least that there was nothing that was to be changed. The green bar indicates that it successfully went from the beginningof the programming to the end without error. The fact that the data may or may not have lined up with something in the database doesn't mean that there is an error. It says how many things were modified, and in this case none.

So, what does it take to modify something? A difference of information for a line that has a model# associated with it.

What piece of info were you trying to change in the full file to verify/update the record?

Plugin Contributions

There is an incompatibility between the two mods.

Tested both mods separately and they worked as advertised. Then tested on 2 different installations reversing the order of installing EP4 & export-shipping and EP4 fails on both installs.

My CSV file is solid as I have uploaded & installed it on a site without
    "export_shipping_information_V1.3.2.1" installed and it works.

EP4 is a self installer and I don't know exactly which tables/rows/columns it modifies in the DB when you install it. If I had the raw *.sql file I might could figure something out.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    There is an incompatibility between the two mods.

Tested both mods separately and they worked as advertised. Then tested on 2 different installations reversing the order of installing EP4 & export-shipping and EP4 fails on both installs.

My CSV file is solid as I have uploaded & installed it on a site without
    "export_shipping_information_V1.3.2.1" installed and it works.

EP4 is a self installer and I don't know exactly which tables/rows/columns it modifies in the DB when you install it. If I had the raw *.sql file I might could figure something out.
    My guess, and I'll take a look, is that export shipping installs a file that is loaded in after something associated with EP4 and therefore a variable needed by EP4 is overwritten feeding something incorrect to EP4. The fact that it sounds like the install occurs without error (review logs) and that the export continues to work that the autoinsall is not a problem, but there is a conflict in variable usage. Again, will take a look at this, though maybe a needle in a haystack dependingon what it is.