Page 303 of 361 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3605
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Let's take a step back to see where the issue really is.

First consider a product that was manually entered in the admin as a music product.

If you export that record, is all of the desired music related information in the export?
    If you modify some music related aspect of that one product and upload a file that has just the headers and that one product, then import the file back into the database, does it get updated with the new information?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmcastle View Post
    Yes to all. I exported the file, made a couple of modifications to the music fields in my spreadsheet and then uploaded thru EP4. The file uploaded successfully and the changes I made were updated.
    When you populated your new record for your new "music" product, did you have an artist entered in the v_artists_name field?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Following your logic, I decided to try changing the v_products type to 1 on that item (the music product item you had me create) and then uploaded it back up via EP4. I thought for sure the item would no longer show the recording artist, record company and genre but those fields are still there. It seems like it's one of two things.... either the version ZC I have doesn't want to work with the EP4 version I have or there is no switching over once you've created an item as a general or music product. EP4 is pretty good but it has its quirks... I installed the Ceon URI mapping program and it would not switch my existing inventory over until I went in to each product and saved it. Yeah, I know there was a fix out there but I didn't want to shell out the $60 for it....

Oh sorry just saw your recent post will check it and get back to you

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I had artist, record company and genre fields filled in. Using a new music inventory item I just created, I could change those 3 fields after exporting out and then importing back in.

If I take an existing record, change the v_type to 2 and then add artist, record company and genre fields it shows (see pic) that those fields were imported but when you go edit the item, those 3 fields are not included.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Following your logic, I decided to try changing the v_products type to 1 on that item (the music product item you had me create) and then uploaded it back up via EP4. I thought for sure the item would no longer show the recording artist, record company and genre but those fields are still there. It seems like it's one of two things.... either the version ZC I have doesn't want to work with the EP4 version I have or there is no switching over once you've created an item as a general or music product. EP4 is pretty good but it has its quirks... I installed the Ceon URI mapping program and it would not switch my existing inventory over until I went in to each product and saved it. Yeah, I know there was a fix out there but I didn't want to shell out the $60 for it....

Oh sorry just saw your recent post will check it and get back to you
    Yes, I had artist, record company and genre fields filled in. Using a new music inventory item I just created, I could change those 3 fields after exporting out and then importing back in.

If I take an existing record, change the v_type to 2 and then add artist, record company and genre fields it shows (see pic) that those fields were imported but when you go edit the item, those 3 fields are not included.
    Piece of information asked about was left off, but that is also why I asked the questions in the way I did.

Here's the situation.

EP4 is generally written to handle day-to-day normal operations with the ability to modify multiple things in a single import. It is not specifically written to just let anything be done to the database just because it exists or might be possible. So, to prevent the "common" user form themselves there are ways to update particular fields if it is desired to override the safeguards that are both built into Zen Cart and similarly into EP4.

It is not "normal" to update a product from being a general product to some other product type. When inserting a new product, it is expected so that a product type can be assigned to the product. So, if it is desired to update a field that is otherwise "protected" and (as currently implemented) in the products table, then would need to use the custom fields to force the products_type to be processed as a field to update.

As far as Ceon URI Mapping, there is an indicator that the software is installed; however, EP4 as released does not include the processing to manage populating the URIs. That is something else. There is an indicator for Stock By Attributes as well, though it may not be shown if certain files and database records are missing.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, what you are saying makes perfect sense. I really can't complain... if I had setup the music fields when I first began it would have never become an issue. Thanks again for your help on this.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, what you are saying makes perfect sense. I really can't complain... if I had setup the music fields when I first began it would have never become an issue. Thanks again for your help on this.
    Welcome and hopefully have been able to convert the product to a music product type and populate the desired fields. As to notification that was successful, well there are still likely some notifications that could be incorporated to catch such a situation of either an update with a change of product type or attempt to apply music field records to a non-music product.

As to maintaining software up-to-date as discussed several posts back, while a store may not be AS concerned about PCI compliance, maintaining software up-to-date is not just about PCI compliance to manage the expected operations.

Unfortunately as time marches on, those that wish to cause trouble find new and innovative ways to do it. Consider this: how often do you go through your store as a customer to see how it operates and responds? What if in one of these attacks, changes were made to your site where data began to be collected that you don't need to operate your store? What if that attack could have been prevented by the site being maintained up-to-date?

Do I expect such an issue with EP4? Not necessarily directly; however, there are ever more creative ways that it may get used such as automating data import which really means that depending on someone else to have ensured the safety/security of their data.

Just some food for thought...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

before I install easypopulate I have few questions about language support. My database has UTF-8 document collation. Also my language is not English and it contains umlauts like åöä. Is this a problem with easypopulate exports/imports?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIbrickedIT View Post
    Hi,

before I install easypopulate I have few questions about language support. My database has UTF-8 document collation. Also my language is not English and it contains umlauts like åöä. Is this a problem with easypopulate exports/imports?
    This program has been adopted in the German version of the Zen Cart software by webchills. It also uses/expects UTF8; however, has some support for latin1. The only issues I've specifically seen regarding at least German is that the version of their Zen Cart software does not use the version check software to identify when a new version is available. There has been report that some languages such as Chinese and Russian are not well supported, but haven't been able to work with such users to resolve the issue(s).

Plugin Contributions

I am still getting this error:

It appears you don't have
    permission to access this page.
    403 Error. Forbidden.

When I tried to download it from the server from the website. I don't want to download it from a FTP software. How can I fix this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wmorris View Post
    I am still getting this error:

It appears you don't have
    permission to access this page.
    403 Error. Forbidden.

When I tried to download it from the server from the website. I don't want to download it from a FTP software. How can I fix this?

Hmm... When I follow this section of install.txt, I don't have problems downloading files generated by EP4:
    c) Create a directory where EP4 related datafiles will be uploaded/exported. If this
    directory will be in your admin area, then be sure to either merge the contents/changes
    of the folder htaccess4AdminTempFolder with your new folder, or place the file(s) there.
    This directory is *not* auto-created.