Page 257 of 361 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 3606
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Correct. The collection of the insertid should always be before any potential access of the database, which of course was supposedly already corrected, but apparently not. Will try to modify the location today, but if done earlier rather than later it will be directly in github which has the potential of being incorrectly typed because there is no copy and paste capability when directly entered. The fix path will be posted here for those stil using this.
    If I remember well, looking at the file yesterday, the music related stuff it's also like this... and I think that's the only places that use this: manufacturers, and the music product type.
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

I expect that plugin to be available by the end of the weekend. Meanwhile I probably will submit a final version that incorporates the bug fixes of the last couple of pages and continue to support the community in other ways unless some compelling reason exists for two individuals to support two different plugins that ultimately do the same thing.
    Sorry, those it means that EP4 will be discontinued ?
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    Sorry, those it means that EP4 will be discontinued ?
    Even though this new plugin has not adopted the EasyPopulate name, it still accomplishes the same thing and even touts that it is based on the EasyPopulate wiki "guidelines". The additional "features" it adds are available and we're planned on being incorporated into this. All that said, unless there is a valid business reason for the software that is EP4 to remain further updated, it is my consideration for the community for there to be less variants in existence and that all features and operations be consolidated (one goal of some of the changes that have been made to EP4 to allow other such variants to be sunset). Like other plugins of ZC, it will or should remain available, but is less likely to be modified to suit other needs that can be met with the recently released EP variant that is not called EP (personal decision of the creator).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    If I remember well, looking at the file yesterday, the music related stuff it's also like this... and I think that's the only places that use this: manufacturers, and the music product type.
    There are four locations which require such modification and they will all be made as a single modification/patch.

Plugin Contributions

Even though this new plugin has not adopted the EasyPopulate name, it still accomplishes the same thing and even touts that it is based on the EasyPopulate wiki "guidelines". The additional "features" it adds are available and we're planned on being incorporated into this. All that said, unless there is a valid business reason for the software that is EP4 to remain further updated, it is my consideration for the community for there to be less variants in existence and that all features and operations be consolidated (one goal of some of the changes that have been made to EP4 to allow other such variants to be sunset). Like other plugins of ZC, it will or should remain available, but is less likely to be modified to suit other needs that can be met with the recently released EP variant that is not called EP (personal decision of the creator).
    Oh well , got to see that for curiosity, but for me the EP4 plus the books thing, it's fine.
    Anyway, with this 2 plugins doing more or less the same thing, I want to public thank you for the work you implemented on EP4.
    I think most people don't realize the amount of work it's involved for then to just upload a file, click and have a shop running. And for free.
    So, yep, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you mesnitu,

There are those that have paid to obtain desired functionality and allowed that operation to be incorporated for all to use and there have been conversations that have been had that identified ways that this could be made ever more versatile. Yes, there is or can be a lot that goes into making such a useful tool.‎ As is the case with almost everything ZC, a business need generally births a business solution. Chadder saw this in his line of work and developed EP4 building off of those that collaborated before him and with him.##

I came across this software when trying to find a way to populate the store of a non-profit organization with a list of items provided to me using a spreadsheet. Later, after working with potteryhouse/jeking on Stock By Attributes, having a discussion with someone about the real world difficulty with performing an inventory of attributable stock, and trying to address the lack of attributable stock seen with ZC upon my first install of ZC back in 2011, I incorporated an SBA interface. In parallel and with a great deal of consternation I developed an intermediate plugin that would use the free existing CEON URI rewriter to auto-generate URIs through the use of EP4. I plan to continue to support these two additional features in my own way and to build them off of the new plugin (now available btw).##

Long and short of it, it's unfortunate that outside of this community (and inside of it by some) that ZC is no longer in the top pick of advertised eCommerce sites. The important thing for anyone reading is to take the time to post about an issue, to request a change (preferred over demanding one as so many seem to be doing these days), explain the why, etc... Mesnitu you did this in discussion of bookx and while you did the grunt work, a way to merge the functionality of it with EP4 was found and made. The same is true for the new software that it will be able to incorporate the features of the bookx plugin as well as the operations recently inquired about. ##

There are many that have left ZC to come back because of the difficulty experienced, lack of functionality, etc... with other product. The core developers have made a number of changes for the current (and future) version to try to give ZC a face-lift (a significant reason that "reviewers" suggest other such applications) and continue to incorporate new features, but it is through community input either by those that need something or those that have a vision that improvements can be made. The code issue identified above has existed since January 3rd, 2015 with the issue of version 4.0.28 when the zen_record_admin_activity function was first incorporated into EP4 to expand functionality to operate under ZC 1.5.4+. I would like to think that if someone had identified this earlier that it would have been commented on, discussed, or corrected for others to benefit and perhaps I did receive a side comment about it which got locally corrected and thought to have been applied for all. I'll provide my thoughts on correcting the condition in a separate post.

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone had any success with DUAL Pricing v2 with EP4.0.35.ZC and ZC 1.5.5a. I have added to my_admin\includes\languages\english.php:

define('EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_CUSTOM_FIELDS', 'products_price_w'); //Easy Populate, as indicated in the instructions but have not had any success with import and exporting with EP4.

EP4 page in ZC indicates on the right of the screen under Custom Products Fields: Dual Pricing Mod: TRUE.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by allmart View Post
    Has anyone had any success with DUAL Pricing v2 with EP4.0.35.ZC and ZC 1.5.5a. I have added to my_admin\includes\languages\english.php:

define('EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_CUSTOM_FIELDS', 'products_price_w'); //Easy Populate, as indicated in the instructions but have not had any success with import and exporting with EP4.

EP4 page in ZC indicates on the right of the screen under Custom Products Fields: Dual Pricing Mod: TRUE.

Thanks
    The EP4 instructions do not reference the specific constant (which if attempted above is incorrect) but instead the configuration screen area where custom fields can be entered (and not require a permanent override as attempted above). The same text of products_price_w could/would be used there to export/import. But be advised that there are a few issues with the current version of EP4 as documented over the last couple of pages.

Plugin Contributions

The dual pricings mod referenced on the right side refers to options_values_price_w as found in the products_attributes table.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your prompt reply but obviously I am in over my head here and am not clear with your response. More detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated that is of course that the dual price mod will work with the current version of EP4.