Page 169 of 361 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hzha View Post
    Here is the previous discussion on my issue.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Thread/page159

You identified the issue is A URI rewriter incorrectly modified includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php for ZC 1.5.3 in your post http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...topped-Working

and stellarweb has a walk around in his post #1620.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Thread/page161

I am wondering what is the best way to resolve this issue. Thank you.
    As I recall from the communication, a separate work-around was determined; however, in parallel I had worked on making the existing software "compatible" with 1.5.3. I did no testing for operations sake. I only had brought the code up-to-date to not to supposedly create the same errors. I will post the code in the Ultimate SEO URI thread. I believe it is not a complete set of software, but only the changes to the original software. As I stated in one of those post threads, a version of the URI rewriter is in a test status which I would fully consider the attached code as being. Truly the issue is with USU and should be addressed in that thread, it just happens to be observed when using this software.

See post 733 for the files that may resolve this issue when using Ultimate SEO URIs version 2.212.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Using Zencart 1.53.... And Easy Populate 4

The manufacturer of my products has expressly set up the data file for Easy Populate and suggests using the program. The columns are all set up like the columns in Easy Populate. Since there are like 2000 products, I have uploaded a test csv file of about 6-8 products. I browsed for the test file in easy populate on my hard drive, then clicked the upload buttom. Easy Populate says file was uploaded successfully at the top. The test csv file appears at the bottom of the page in Easy Populate. So my question is: how does the products populate the store. Do they come in automatically or am I supposed to click something that says - populate or something.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by msbfrnj View Post
    Using Zencart 1.53.... And Easy Populate 4

The manufacturer of my products has expressly set up the data file for Easy Populate and suggests using the program. The columns are all set up like the columns in Easy Populate. Since there are like 2000 products, I have uploaded a test csv file of about 6-8 products. I browsed for the test file in easy populate on my hard drive, then clicked the upload buttom. Easy Populate says file was uploaded successfully at the top. The test csv file appears at the bottom of the page in Easy Populate. So my question is: how does the products populate the store. Do they come in automatically or am I supposed to click something that says - populate or something.
    Once the fileis identified as being in the file directory for EP4, adjacent to the filename is an option of import. EP4 will process the file as applicable for it's name/prefix. Essentially matching the file name for an uploaded file to the filenamme of a downloaded/exported file to include all of the letters up to the date will ensure that the file will be processed as "desired".

Ie: export file example Full-EP2013Jul09-073801.csv could be downloaded, modified then saved as Full-EP.csv and would still be functional/available for EP4 to process as a file for Full details to be modified.

Plugin Contributions

All of what you said has happened. I have browsed for the correctly set up test csv file. Uploaded it with the upload button.
    The browsed for file then appeared next to the browse button. Next to the browse button is the upload button. I then click that. Momentarily after that.... A message appears at the top of the page saying file uploaded successfully. THEN... I did see the import button at the bottom of the screen. I click that. A message immediately appears at the top of the page stating - file imported successfully. I then go to "online catalog" and nothing is there!

Are you saying that I should download one of the default data files that EP puts out....put my data in it and then re-up load it.... Then it will populate. I know..... you are allowed to scream at me if you want.... But I don't get it... Could someone just look at it for me please.....

Humbly submitted,
    Brenda

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by msbfrnj View Post
    All of what you said has happened. I have browsed for the correctly set up test csv file. Uploaded it with the upload button.
    The browsed for file then appeared next to the browse button. Next to the browse button is the upload button. I then click that. Momentarily after that.... A message appears at the top of the page saying file uploaded successfully. THEN... I did see the import button at the bottom of the screen. I click that. A message immediately appears at the top of the page stating - file imported successfully. I then go to "online catalog" and nothing is there!

Are you saying that I should download one of the default data files that EP puts out....put my data in it and then re-up load it.... Then it will populate. I know..... you are allowed to scream at me if you want.... But I don't get it... Could someone just look at it for me please.....

Humbly submitted,
    Brenda
    No hootin' and hollarin' going on over here, except for the typical Saturday shenanigans. Your second paragraph sums it up exactly. You can add more to the filename if you wish to not replace the previous file and still have it available if a mistake is made.

Additionally, for the first one or two, recommend not adding fields to the file(s) until seems to work. (Ie. One step at a time. )

Plugin Contributions

I've been using EP4 for a while now, great utility.

I've just uploaded a new line of products where the quantity is implied, and so I want to turn the off the Quantity box in the product listing. Is there a way to toggle the Products Quantity Box Shows option in the products listing using EP4?

Many thanks for any suggestions

John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jrobbo View Post
    I've been using EP4 for a while now, great utility.

I've just uploaded a new line of products where the quantity is implied, and so I want to turn the off the Quantity box in the product listing. Is there a way to toggle the Products Quantity Box Shows option in the products listing using EP4?

Many thanks for any suggestions

John
    Not by default, but it is easy to add...

In the admin->configuration->Easy Populate 4 there is a field (User defined products fields) to add additional fields for export/import. Fields associated with the products table can be added into this list. The fields should be identified as they appear in the products table separated by commas only (for more than one field). So for this case, if the products_qty_box_status field is listed then when it is set to zero (0) it appears that the option to choose a quantity for a product will be prevented.

One of those things that not everyone uses, so it seems that it was left off as a default like option, but is something still possible.

Plugin Contributions

Well that turned out to be a whole lot easier than I thought it was going to be! Thanks very much @mc123456578 for the excellent reply, works like a charm.

Cheers

John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jrobbo View Post
    Well that turned out to be a whole lot easier than I thought it was going to be! Thanks very much @mc123456578 for the excellent reply, works like a charm.

Cheers

John
    Quite welcome, wouldn't have been possible without the rework done by chadderuski, all of the feedback of the users and the work of those leading up to this. :)

Plugin Contributions

looking at installing this, hoping to bring 1.3.9 products into a 1.5.3 store. Is there a summary of the steps or do I need to read 169 pages ?