Page 177 of 361 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 3604
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    To be carefule/cautious/clear, the goal is for the entire v_category_name text to be one word without spaces. Because we're sort of talking about math here, there are a number of ways to accomplish the task. The concatenate function is certainly one of them. In the case of joining two fields (columns) with a caret between the two, the following would be appropriate.

If v_category_name_1 is in column F and v_category_name_2 is in column G, and perhaps the last column of the spreadsheet is column V, then in column W row 2 one could place the following equation. =CONCATENATE(F2,"^",G2) then copy that equation down to the last row. Another such equation could be: =F2&"^"&G2
    Then the values generated should be copied and special pasted back to either the original v_category_name_1 or back to itself so that the result (value) remains not the equation. If pasted back to itself, then be sure to remove the old version(s) of the column(s) before uploading.

If there are more subcategories such as v_category_name_3 in the old data, then it should be appended as well to the result from above.

A series of checks could be included in a single cell to address the multiple columns if they exist, hopefully not too deeply. Could test for the existence of content in a cell, and if there is, then concatenate that text, otherwise return the text from the earlier process.

For example without using exact code if there is appropriate content in cat_3, then concatenate(cat_1,"^",cat_2,"^",cat_3), else if there is appropriate content in cat_2, then concatenate(cat_1,"^",cat_2), else cat_1. (This method doesn't assign product(s) to "non-category" as if there is a cat_1, then every product must be in a cat_1 as all categories are to contain either categories or products, not both and that includes the root of the category tree.)

So, sum and total, one reason I posted the above is that if the equation in the OP's message is used, then a space is going to be added to the category name on one side or the other. Per the image, the sub-category will have a space before it. This is not desired and could lead to issues...

Thank you for the reply. It worked the way I did it but I think the way you showed is faster.

My shop has all 1380+ items listed and it imported without a hitch. Thanks again :) Below is a link to my store.

http://www.southerncrossemporium.com.au/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mikec87 View Post
    Thank you for the reply. It worked the way I did it but I think the way you showed is faster.

My shop has all 1380+ items listed and it imported without a hitch. Thanks again :) Below is a link to my store.

http://www.southerncrossemporium.com.au/
    Haven't been able to check the site for what I would like to try to verify, the mobile version of the template pretty much makes the site useless at least on my device as all that can be seen is the top banner of the menu with logo, etc... There is no room remaining to see product or other information, even the "menu" button "slides" out as one tries to scroll down which just takes up even more of the screen landscape. Otherwise, the code may include a trim of each category when importing to prevent a space from being prepended or appended to the category name. Otherwise, the number of categories in the store could grow by simply adding/removing a space.

For some, this utility is frequently used and having say an "equation" or a macro in one's back pocket can make the upload process go so smoothly whereas not having that extra "functionality" readily available can make the task seem tedious. If the upload is going to begin from the same format offile each time, then additional coding could be done to join those categories say based on the prefix of the filename and to ignore that the number typically corresponds to a language.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

i have having problems installing EP1.2.5.7 on zencart 1.5.3
    i uploaded everything in temEP folder to my zencart root folder, and everything in YOUR_ADMIN to my admin folder.

1, when i go to tools>easy populate, i get "Strange but there is no default language to work... That may not happen, just in case...
    Warning An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer"

2, there is no EP under the "configuration" tab.

3, i had to create an upload folder in the zencart root folder. i am unable to use /upload outside the zencart folder? where is the location of the upload folder specified?

i use sql patch to run the lines in install_sql line by line, but i cannot run the last 3 lines?

please help. thanks

Plugin Contributions

Had the same issue I think it is bacaues it is not using MSQLI. I have moded the files to work for me.
    note changed to use MSQLI and $db->link and default the custom fields.
    I have attached a zip of the changed files. EZmods.zip
    Back up the old Ezpopulate files then unzip the attached file.
    Change the name of the admin file to your admin file name.
    Copy over the changed files.

This is just the changes I made not a full set of ezpopulate file so you will need to install ezpopulate first.
    Mark
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by w2e View Post
    i have having problems installing EP1.2.5.7 on zencart 1.5.3
    i uploaded everything in temEP folder to my zencart root folder, and everything in YOUR_ADMIN to my admin folder.

1, when i go to tools>easy populate, i get "Strange but there is no default language to work... That may not happen, just in case...
    Warning An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer"

2, there is no EP under the "configuration" tab.

3, i had to create an upload folder in the zencart root folder. i am unable to use /upload outside the zencart folder? where is the location of the upload folder specified?

i use sql patch to run the lines in install_sql line by line, but i cannot run the last 3 lines?

please help. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    Had the same issue I think it is bacaues it is not using MSQLI. I have moded the files to work for me.
    note changed to use MSQLI and $db->link and default the custom fields.
    I have attached a zip of the changed files. EZmods.zip
    Back up the old Ezpopulate files then unzip the attached file.
    Change the name of the admin file to your admin file name.
    Copy over the changed files.

This is just the changes I made not a full set of ezpopulate file so you will need to install ezpopulate first.
    Mark
    Also, recognize that the files disccused in these two posts have nothing to do with EP4, but an entirely different version of code that does something similar as the code discussed in this thread... Further discussion ofthe above should be taken to it's own thread either: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-2-5-4-support or a new one.

The file changes posted above have no relation to EP4 and may (or may not) cause issues if "blindly" implemented with EP4... Truly the files have no business of being in this thread at all. EP4 has alreadybeen modified to workwith Zc 1.5.3, it still needs at least a minor tweak to work with ZC 1.5.4 as well aspossibly some added code to worrk along one of the new "tracking" features of ZC 1.5.4... But the first part is relatively easy/straight forward, the second needs some inspection still.

Plugin Contributions

in the install file (EP4), it recommends i move the temp folder into admin, but never says what i need to do after i move?
    now it cannot find my temp folder?

Plugin Contributions

in the install file (EP4), it recommends i move the temp folder into admin, but never says what i need to do after i move?
    now it cannot find my temp folder?
    So, you obviously have your choice of tools, but you want to create a new folder or use an existing folder within the admin directory... Once the folder is created or the existing folder is identified, then you go into the configuration settings for EP4 and update the directory for the files entering the path to the folder as it relates to the root of your store. So, if in YOUR_ADMIN/EP4, then that is what would be entered where I have used YOUR_ADMIN to represent actual folder name of the secret admin directory that you use.

The reason for this is that 1) EP4 is an admin only plugin, 2) your admin directory is not known to anyone other than you and those granted access, 3) there are already protections in place for the admin directory to minimize prying eyes getting to the data, 4) the content and detail of the products may not be desirable to have available to all (ie, if the store is setup to require login, or if values are entered pre-markup, etc...)

That help? If still having issues, please provide the content of your configuration settings without divulging admin specific information (please identify what is taking the place of the secret admin info ie. The folder admin represents my admin directory and I have verified that the name I have entered in exists.)

Plugin Contributions

how to i choose a download directory on my pc when i download from EP4?
    i do not see any settings in configuration, and it automatically downloaded without asking me?

Plugin Contributions

how to i choose a download directory on my pc when i download from EP4?
    i do not see any settings in configuration, and it automatically downloaded without asking me?
    If the download from your site to your local pc is what you are referring, that is more of a browser specific issue... Some browsers automatically download to the download directory of the user's profile, some ask the user what they would like to do with the file: ie, open it with a specific program, save it, save it to a specific directory, etc... If you are talking about that you are currently "running" the site on a local computer and you have selected to export a file type, then it will download to the directory identified in the configuration settings that of course is on your local computer (as the site is on your local computer.) To answer the question a little better, would need more detailed information.

Plugin Contributions

how come when i export a file, it is automatically owned by "nobody"?
    when i click download, i get "You don't have permission to access *.* on this server?" even if i chown, and chmod to 777, i still cannot download the file?
    (i moved /temp into admin, and i have no problem opening EP4)