Page 271 of 361 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fjbern1943 View Post
    Hello,

I have a question. In my product feed is it possible to list more than one image in the v_products_image column?

If possible what would the entry look like? xxx.jpg,xx1.jpg or xxx.jpg:xx1.jpg, xxx.jpg;xx1.jpg ?

Thanks
    Frank
    The field can take whatever your store will be able to process provided characters are properly escaped.

For a default ZC store, the field contains the path to the base image that is then used to identify additional images. It is not the image itself, just a "pointer" to the location of the image. That pointer is then used in your store to complete the path to the picture.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The field can take whatever your store will be able to process provided characters are properly escaped.

For a default ZC store, the field contains the path to the base image that is then used to identify additional images. It is not the image itself, just a "pointer" to the location of the image. That pointer is then used in your store to complete the path to the picture.
    v_products_image refers to the main image and assumes the image is located in <website root>/images/ folder

if you organize your images INSIDE the /image folder, then you would add that to your image path

say your image is:

<website root>/images/books/bible.png

then you would put "books/bible.png" in your v_products_image column.

For multiple images, review the instructions here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...s-to-a-product

hope this helps

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    v_products_image refers to the main image and assumes the image is located in <website root>/images/ folder

if you organize your images INSIDE the /image folder, then you would add that to your image path

say your image is:

<website root>/images/books/bible.png

then you would put "books/bible.png" in your v_products_image column.

For multiple images, review the instructions here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...s-to-a-product

hope this helps
    Thank you for your responses Gentlemen. However, what I am trying to avoid is to have to add additional images using Image Handler to add additional product pictures manually for each individual product. I am looking for a way to be able to add the additional picture links within the EasyPopulate plugin to accomplish this task. Product A would point to imageA.jpg and imageA_1.jpg etc.

Best regards,

Frank

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your responses Gentlemen. However, what I am trying to avoid is to have to add additional images using Image Handler to add additional product pictures manually for each individual product. I am looking for a way to be able to add the additional picture links within the EasyPopulate plugin to accomplish this task. Product A would point to imageA.jpg and imageA_1.jpg etc.

Best regards,

Frank
    Additional product images are 'assigned' buy the file name of the image file. They are not assigned to the product in any way. This plugin does not upload any images, those need placed on the server separately. Use this to assign the main image. Upload the main image and any additional using the proper naming convetion.

Plugin Contributions

We were both saying the same thing in different approaches.

As chadderuski stated, if the image for Product A is product_A.jpg and the image is to be in the images/category_i_chose_directory folder then in EP4 no matter how many additional images there are, you would populate the field with category_i_chose_directory/product_a.jpg.

Then product_a.jpg would be the main image and product_a_1.jpg would be loaded just like all of the other additional images.

EP4 does not upload the image, it uploads the path in the database field used to present and process images.

In order to upload all of your actual images you could use ftp to do so, after they have been named to align with the primary/main image filename base as described in the link chadderuski provided and as you have indicated to want.

Plugin Contributions

We were both saying the same thing in different approaches.

As chadderuski stated, if the image for Product A is product_A.jpg and the image is to be in the images/category_i_chose_directory folder then in EP4 no matter how many additional images there are, you would populate the field with category_i_chose_directory/product_a.jpg.

Then product_a.jpg would be the main image and product_a_1.jpg would be loaded just like all of the other additional images.

EP4 does not upload the image, it uploads the path in the database field used to present and process images.

In order to upload all of your actual images you could use ftp to do so, after they have been named to align with the primary/main image filename base as described in the link chadderuski provided and as you have indicated to want.
    So let me see if I understand this correctly. As long as I populate the v_products_image column in the easypopulate csv file with productA.jpg and then upload via ftp two files into the same directory. One being productA.jpg and the other productA_1.jpg the product info page in the storefront will show both images??????

Frank the Confused!

Plugin Contributions

Well I'll be a Monkeys uncle, I just tried it and it works AOK. Now all I need to figure out is how to get the additional image to open up with lightbox like the original image instead of a regular browser popup window. Any hints!

Thanks to all.

Frank

Plugin Contributions

Well I'll be a Monkeys uncle, I just tried it and it works AOK. Now all I need to figure out is how to get the additional image to open up with lightbox like the original image instead of a regular browser popup window. Any hints!

Thanks to all.

Frank
    Wrong thread to discuss, but usually involves making sure the javascript is installed to the correct includes/modules/pages directory and/or properly merged the applicable files. It also depends on other factors, but usually its all about the install.

Plugin Contributions

QUOTE=mc12345678;1320326]Wrong thread to discuss, but usually involves making sure the javascript is installed to the correct includes/modules/pages directory and/or properly merged the applicable files. It also depends on other factors, but usually its all about the install.[/QUOTE]

Of course you are right , I thought that when I asked the question. I will move this part of the discussion to the right thread. Thanks for your help.

Frank

Plugin Contributions

Wrong thread to discuss, but usually involves making sure the javascript is installed to the correct includes/modules/pages directory and/or properly merged the applicable files. It also depends on other factors, but usually its all about the install.
    Of course you are right , I thought that when I asked the question. I will move this part of the discussion to the right thread. Thanks for your help.

Frank
    Never hurts to ask. :)