Page 141 of 361 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3605
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Okay, so another confusing statement, but no matter... :)

So, each field that has an underscore followed by a number (ie. _1) is a field that can be found in the (prefix)products_description table. And again, the number corresponds to an installed language. No two stores are guaranteed to have the same sequence of languages. (Meaning a random selection of websites that have multiple languages may put Spanish 2nd, 1st, 6th, etc... Assuming that another language was applied/installed at some point before...

So, regarding the field length... That is controlled within your mySQLadmin editor...
    If you open the mySQLAdmin editor (most likely through your cPanel), then open your store's database, then open the table (prefix)products_description, then while on the Structure tab, select the products_name field and edit it.

The next window should show the various information related to the field. For example the Length/Values... Update though for this type of data to have the maximum that you want to be able to enter.

Hope that helps.
    I'm so sorry I made my statement confusing. Thank you for the instructions. I followed them exactly, and unfortunately, this is the exact same thing I did previously which did not work.

Went to database>table: products_description>products_name and changed VARCHAR to 165 under Length/Values.

Went to database>table: orders_products>products_name and changed VARCHAR to 165 under Length/Values.

The Database Field Lengths are still listed as follows on the "Easy Populate 4.0.22 - Beta 6-10-2012" page from where I again imported the file to my test site:

Database Field Lengths
    categories_name:255
    manufacturers_name:32
    products_model:32
    products_name:128

After I re-imported the file, I got the same results on some of the products: "Warning! ...(product Model and info are listed)... exceeds max. length: 128"

Any more ideas? Is there a modification which has to be made to the EP4 code which is downloaded on my site? If so, where and how or is this not applicable?

Thank you for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pdevo View Post
    I'm so sorry I made my statement confusing. Thank you for the instructions. I followed them exactly, and unfortunately, this is the exact same thing I did previously which did not work.

Went to database>table: products_description>products_name and changed VARCHAR to 165 under Length/Values.

Went to database>table: orders_products>products_name and changed VARCHAR to 165 under Length/Values.

The Database Field Lengths are still listed as follows on the "Easy Populate 4.0.22 - Beta 6-10-2012" page from where I again imported the file to my test site:

Database Field Lengths
    categories_name:255
    manufacturers_name:32
    products_model:32
    products_name:128

After I re-imported the file, I got the same results on some of the products: "Warning! ...(product Model and info are listed)... exceeds max. length: 128"

Any more ideas? Is there a modification which has to be made to the EP4 code which is downloaded on my site? If so, where and how or is this not applicable?

Thank you for your help.
    If you haven't modified the EP4 code, then there is nothing about EP4 that is hindering using more space in the field. I say this because EP4 reads the size of the field from the database and then reports (and uses) that size to display what you are seeing. It could be that the value was cached somewhere in the process. Suggest clearingcache/cookies and trying again, or trying to access from a different browser or machine (sort of like clearing those two without actually doing so for the first two tries or so.) Anyways, EP4 just didntsee the change at the tme of testing, perhaps when you read this next (if the change stays the way it is/was) EP4 will report a. Different result.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

If you haven't modified the EP4 code, then there is nothing about EP4 that is hindering using more space in the field. I say this because EP4 reads the size of the field from the database and then reports (and uses) that size to display what you are seeing. It could be that the value was cached somewhere in the process. Suggest clearingcache/cookies and trying again, or trying to access from a different browser or machine (sort of like clearing those two without actually doing so for the first two tries or so.) Anyways, EP4 just didntsee the change at the tme of testing, perhaps when you read this next (if the change stays the way it is/was) EP4 will report a. Different result.
    Thank you so much for the follow up. Although I tried clearing the cache yesterday and didn't see a change, this morning when I booted up fresh for the day, the change showed up. It is not showing on my test site but I am taking steps to clear that up. Thank you so much for your help. I am without a developer right now (and desperately need one) and truly appreciate your assistance and that of the forum.

I see we can "buy you a cup of coffee" for your help. I would be happy to do that. Can you please direct me on how to get that done?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for the follow up. Although I tried clearing the cache yesterday and didn't see a change, this morning when I booted up fresh for the day, the change showed up. It is not showing on my test site but I am taking steps to clear that up. Thank you so much for your help. I am without a developer right now (and desperately need one) and truly appreciate your assistance and that of the forum.

I see we can "buy you a cup of coffee" for your help. I would be happy to do that. Can you please direct me on how to get that done?

Thank you.
    You are quite welcome. It's good to know that EP4 was not the cause of the problem.

I'm not sure how close to the line of allowance I am on stating this. Some of those that offer assistance have a website in their signature section of their post(s). This is often a good way to find out more about what they do, or offer. Perhaps for some it is clearer than for others.

Coffee though, sure helps encourage productivity (or just make one jittery. :) )

Plugin Contributions

Thank you.
    Someone is always willing to help
    Last edited by countrycharm; 29 Mar 2014 at 04:37 AM.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

I apologize if this question has come up already, I have searched through over 50 pages of the thread before I decided to just send this question: I am currently using a temporary url (ip address/~sitename) and I cannot get ep 4.0 to upload my full complete file. I get directed strait to the admin login screen. I use ep 4.0 for every site and do not typically use a temp url, but I need to in this instance. I did find one post regarding this and it turned into a pm but a solution to the problem was not offered. I have updated my config file (both) to reflect the temporary url, but it's still not working. I also double checked for "//" and it is not there either. I am fairly confident there is something else I am missing in the config file or uploads directory but can't figure it out. Again, my apologies if I missed this somewhere else in this thread. Looking forward to assistance. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by creyesx6 View Post
    I apologize if this question has come up already, I have searched through over 50 pages of the thread before I decided to just send this question: I am currently using a temporary url (ip address/~sitename) and I cannot get ep 4.0 to upload my full complete file. I get directed strait to the admin login screen. I use ep 4.0 for every site and do not typically use a temp url, but I need to in this instance. I did find one post regarding this and it turned into a pm but a solution to the problem was not offered. I have updated my config file (both) to reflect the temporary url, but it's still not working. I also double checked for "//" and it is not there either. I am fairly confident there is something else I am missing in the config file or uploads directory but can't figure it out. Again, my apologies if I missed this somewhere else in this thread. Looking forward to assistance. Thanks.
    When you say upload, do you mean import? Or do you mean that you are having problems getting the file to exist on the server to be processed via import?

How many items are you trying to process? Have you tried splitting the file? Have you tried using a single line item in a file and trying to import it? Does it work, or cause the same result? If there is a configure.php problem I would suggest addressing that through a different thread. Ideally you would use the install utility of ZC to create the configure.php file for your version. There are FAQs about that in the forum.

Plugin Contributions

When you say upload, do you mean import? Or do you mean that you are having problems getting the file to exist on the server to be processed via import?

How many items are you trying to process? Have you tried splitting the file? Have you tried using a single line item in a file and trying to import it? Does it work, or cause the same result? If there is a configure.php problem I would suggest addressing that through a different thread. Ideally you would use the install utility of ZC to create the configure.php file for your version. There are FAQs about that in the forum.
    How many items are you trying to process? Have you tried splitting the file? Have you tried using a single line item in a file and trying to import it? Does it work, or cause the same result? If there is a configure.php problem I would suggest addressing that through a different thread. Ideally you would use the install utility of ZC to create the configure.php file for your version. There are FAQs about that in the forum.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I meant upload. I am unable to get the file to exist on the server. It just takes me to the admin login screen. I have tried to upload the Full/Complete file several times (more than 5) with making adjustments to the uploads directory. I can't get past the upload so am unable to import a single line item in a file (I tried to upload with a single line item though) nor am able to split the file since it doesn't upload. The export function is not working for me either. To double check my suspicion of thinking it had to do with using the ip address (using temporary url until domain name servers are changed), I tried to duplicate my efforts with another site that is using a temporary url and had the same result. The config files were created by zc via cpanel, but I am not certain if that is one in the same as the utility since this is the only way I have installed ZC with other sites. Thank you very much for responding, I typically don't post unless I am completely stuck.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by creyesx6 View Post
    Yes, I meant upload. I am unable to get the file to exist on the server. It just takes me to the admin login screen. I have tried to upload the Full/Complete file several times (more than 5) with making adjustments to the uploads directory. I can't get past the upload so am unable to import a single line item in a file (I tried to upload with a single line item though) nor am able to split the file since it doesn't upload. The export function is not working for me either. To double check my suspicion of thinking it had to do with using the ip address (using temporary url until domain name servers are changed), I tried to duplicate my efforts with another site that is using a temporary url and had the same result. The config files were created by zc via cpanel, but I am not certain if that is one in the same as the utility since this is the only way I have installed ZC with other sites. Thank you very much for responding, I typically don't post unless I am completely stuck.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, interesting indeed. You should be able to ftp the file and put it in the directory used by/for EP4. Then perhaps the import will take. I would say though, that it is not an EP4 issue. Perhaps folder permissions maybe don't allow the transfer or still could be a configure.php issue. Typcially it is not suggested to install cia the cPanle, but instead. By ftp and then go to the webpage address to install, rename the admin folder and basically remove the install folder. This is not to say that install won't work that way, but there have been known to be problems.

There may be something else going on also related to the store's setup as to why you are taken back to the admin login while under this temporary setup. But as said, if. Able to ftp the file to the right place, try to import. (And yes since can't upload, all the rest about importing doesn't help from my previous message.)

What is the configuration otherwise? ZC version, php, etc.?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I meant upload. I am unable to get the file to exist on the server. It just takes me to the admin login screen. I have tried to upload the Full/Complete file several times (more than 5) with making adjustments to the uploads directory. I can't get past the upload so am unable to import a single line item in a file (I tried to upload with a single line item though) nor am able to split the file since it doesn't upload. The export function is not working for me either. To double check my suspicion of thinking it had to do with using the ip address (using temporary url until domain name servers are changed), I tried to duplicate my efforts with another site that is using a temporary url and had the same result. The config files were created by zc via cpanel, but I am not certain if that is one in the same as the utility since this is the only way I have installed ZC with other sites. Thank you very much for responding, I typically don't post unless I am completely stuck.
    Hmm, interesting indeed. You should be able to ftp the file and put it in the directory used by/for EP4. Then perhaps the import will take. I would say though, that it is not an EP4 issue. Perhaps folder permissions maybe don't allow the transfer or still could be a configure.php issue. Typcially it is not suggested to install cia the cPanle, but instead. By ftp and then go to the webpage address to install, rename the admin folder and basically remove the install folder. This is not to say that install won't work that way, but there have been known to be problems.

There may be something else going on also related to the store's setup as to why you are taken back to the admin login while under this temporary setup. But as said, if. Able to ftp the file to the right place, try to import. (And yes since can't upload, all the rest about importing doesn't help from my previous message.)

What is the configuration otherwise? ZC version, php, etc.?[/QUOTE]

The ftp to the temp folder works! It still takes me to the login screen after importing but at least it imports. Since it's a temporary url, I can work with that to at least get the products on the site and then I will update the dns servers and the temporary url issue will be gone. Thanks for the suggestion!