Page 330 of 361 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Access to that file is behind some sort of "permissions" based system. Reading it would only provide half of the picture. The other half is in the settings requested above.
    Try again please ... thought I had changed setting but guess I didn't give it time to save.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LilleyPadGifts View Post
    Try again please ... thought I had changed setting but guess I didn't give it time to save.
    So I've looked at the file. Nothing particularly "stands out"... Even with it formatted as it is.

For the third and final time, though. Please provide the settings that are in the admin under configuration->Easy Populate 4. I can not help you if you don't help to make it possible to help you. If not providing that information, please explain why or what is not understood. Again, with the same comment.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

So I've looked at the file. Nothing particularly "stands out"... Even with it formatted as it is.

For the third and final time, though. Please provide the settings that are in the admin under configuration->Easy Populate 4. I can not help you if you don't help to make it possible to help you. If not providing that information, please explain why or what is not understood. Again, with the same comment.
    Wow...Forgive me for not automatically knowing what you were talking about ....I thought I was giving you the info you asked for when I gave you access to the google sheets link... and I only saw it mentioned once.
    I have images of what the settings are in Admin/Config/Easy Populate. If this isn't what you are asking for please let me know. Obviously, I'm not PURPOSELY withholding information to get the help I need and am asking for.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	easypopulatepic1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	19617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	easypopulatepic2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	19618

Plugin Contributions

Please see this post: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....18#post1380718

I made a mistake when setting the "new" defaults for this new version. I had good intentions, but...
    Perhaps also read the ever more detailed description at the post a little further down from that: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....38#post1380738

Wow...Forgive me for not automatically knowing what you were talking about ....I thought I was giving you the info you asked for when I gave you access to the google sheets link... and I only saw it mentioned once.
    I have images of what the settings are in Admin/Config/Easy Populate. If this isn't what you are asking for please let me know. Obviously, I'm not PURPOSELY withholding information to get the help I need and am asking for.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	easypopulatepic1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	19617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	easypopulatepic2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	19618
    That is exactly what was needed to close the loop.

As previously (perhaps confusingly?) described (or attempted) in the above linked post, but reworded here:

In the list of configuration settings, starting from the top of the settings, please see the fourth option down that has the Title of: Import Language Override... For the file that was made available to peruse... Literally, change the setting to ANYTHING other than the current setting of language_code_only.

The file shows language related fields to be using the XXXXX_1 style...

If you click on that admin->configuration->Easy Populate 4 setting and look on the "right side" of the screen (bottom if using a mobile device): _1 references using the language_id whereas if it ended with the two letter abbreviation for the associated language (_en, _es, _de, etc...) then it would be fine.

But, by this particular setting being set to language_code_only, then the only language related fields that are recognized are formatted like v_products_name_en, v_categories_name_en, etc... (for english)... Again, I have apologized now at least twice already for my mistake and will again as necessary, but to resolve the problem occurring where a "categories name" can not be found (right now it is searching for v_categories_name_en), either the file must have a column with v_categories_name_en (or whatever language is being imported) or change the setting of the above to literally anything else...

Plugin Contributions

Does this version allow for custom fields to be added?

Plugin Contributions

Does this version allow for custom fields to be added?
    As is/built, yes it still supports custom fields that are part of the products table. Haven't yet added the ability to cross reference fields within other tables. Additional code could be added (notifiers are used) to address other desired options.

Plugin Contributions

As is/built, yes it still supports custom fields that are part of the products table. Haven't yet added the ability to cross reference fields within other tables. Additional code could be added (notifiers are used) to address other desired options.

ok thanks.

I made the change in admin like you mentioned, uploaded the same file and it created the categories and sub cats but nothing the actually products. Didn’t create the page for them or anything.
    Going to attack it again in the morning with a fresh brain but wanted to get this out here incase it’s something I’m just missing with a easy fix …. Please please please oh please

Plugin Contributions

ok thanks.

I made the change in admin like you mentioned, uploaded the same file and it created the categories and sub cats but nothing the actually products. Didn’t create the page for them or anything.
    Going to attack it again in the morning with a fresh brain but wanted to get this out here incase it’s something I’m just missing with a easy fix …. Please please please oh please
    Figured it out .... Status column ... nothing tells us what should be there. I read a post that said Enable/Disable. So I put Enable in that column ... its supposed to be a 1 to turn on that status.

Is there a link to exactly how the custom fields work? Not sure if I'm going to need them at the moment, but I need the option for the other stores.
    Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Figured it out .... Status column ... nothing tells us what should be there. I read a post that said Enable/Disable. So I put Enable in that column ... its supposed to be a 1 to turn on that status.

Is there a link to exactly how the custom fields work? Not sure if I'm going to need them at the moment, but I need the option for the other stores.
    Thanks for your help!
    I am going to make reference to a "previous" discussion. The instructions suggest exporting a file of the type that is desired to be used for import... Why? This way one can see what is already in the database. Knowing what the output is like and having some level of familiarity of the item(s) in the store, one *should* be able to see or through some level of testing identify the effect of the various fields...

Mind you, I was going to ask how the issue was being evaluated... When saying that the page wasn't created, it helps to understand what "page" was being expected... I will note in relation to the latest post that the status field does not allow/prevent a product from appearing in the admin's products/categories listing... It *does* in general prevent the product from appearing on the catalog side (which, based on the above conversation, is likely what was being reviewed).

Now, as for the custom fields, access to the data stored and the ability to modify that data is what is provided. EP4 doesn't know what that data is, how it is used, or what basic value(s) it should contain. The instructions both in the plugin fileset as well as on the admin configuration page do indicate/suggest that when populating the configuration settings that the fieldname should be used, not v_fieldname. With the custom field information populated, exporting information associated with products should show that field name in the header of the file and (where information is provided for the field) it should appear in the resulting csv file. Again, how it is then used, populated, etc... that is up to the needs/expectations of the field and code that processes that field.

Put another way, EP4 provides (direct) access to data in the database. In some cases, the Zen Cart standard database field handling is incorporated (products_id is an integer, products_name is text, etc...) but there are also things that are not enforced on purpose so that the tool can be used in various configurations with minimal modification. For example, EP4 doesn't prevent a product being added to a category that has sub-categories... While that is a situation *normally* discouraged because of some of the still current core code design, it is not a requirement for store operation and further can be made possible.

Anyways, hope at least some of the above helps.

BTW, to what setting was the configuration option (language_code_only) changed?

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart 1.5.7
    Easy Populate 4.0.37.13 - 05-03-2021
    PHP 7.4 FastCGI

Exported a Complete Products download type file of one of my categories; used it for the template of a new CSV file.

I've tried importing both the original file that I exported, and the new CSV file that I made. The files are uploaded, but when I click the Import button, I'm taken to the Admin main page; no messages are displayed. Nothing is imported and there are no errors in the logs.

The temp directory (in Admin) has the two files in it.

I double checked that all the EasyPopulate files were uploaded.

What might I be doing wrong?