Page 197 of 362 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 3612
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using EP4 to update existing products

I suppose what it comes down to is, what is this warning:

No model field in record. This line was not imported Limited E |

and what do I need to do to make my stuff actually import?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ExtensiveEnterprises View Post
    Doesn't the system automatically create Product ID's?
    Yes, ZC provides a unique product_id for each product in the database, though that product_id is likely to be different than the product_id of another store and is not referenced by mass data available from a vendor that provides a product with it's own model#. Also certainly two different vendors marketing two different types of product could have the same model #, but things can be done with that data to make them unique in a store.

So to address the second question (not quoted here) about what it takes to populate the store using EP4. Please do not take any comments/suggestions as anything "personal" or attacking, there is no intention of anything other than providing assistance or indicating information that is perceived to be needed to resolve the issue(s).

1. Please read the instructions that are provided to understand the overall functionality and that a. Model # is required.
    2. Populate a product in ZC with information that you would like to see/try to change. (Existing data is fine, but important to understand the data in the database.) This is part of the instructions as well.
    3. Download the data to a file. From the above it appears that the data is being prefiltered. There is also an option to download the full product data. This latter option is probably useful for a store that is just starting to use EP4 to ensure that the data is sound for future updates.
    4. Maintain the first part of the filename depending on how the data is to be used/manipulated. The specific filename prefixes needed are identified in the instructions. An attributes basic file won't necessarily provide the information needed to populate Stock-By-Attributes, if that plugin is installed.
    5. Ensure (like eluded) that the csv file for upload is properly quoted (and escaped). And that the field separator is appropriately identified for the export from the spreadsheet program (expected to be the same separator as in the downloaded csv file.)
    6. Attempt an upload of a file with a single product. Even if it is a disabled product. Product should remain in the database unless the status of the product is set to 9 in the upload file. Data related to a product will be "deleted" if the row contains no data in the applicable column. Inthe case of two product having the same model # the data of the last row with that model# will replace any data before that row's entry.

Ought to provide a good starting point.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I got it to upload stuff but it will not upload the entire list. It seemingly chooses random items to upload and then doesn't upload the rest.

Plugin Contributions

Is EasyPopulate 4.0 compatible with Zen v1.5.4?

What is the difference between EasyPopulate 4.0 and Easy Populate 1.2.5.4?
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    Is EasyPopulate 4.0 compatible with Zen v1.5.4?

What is the difference between EasyPopulate 4.0 and Easy Populate 1.2.5.4?
    1) Yes, as documented in this thread over the last several pages and in the applicable documentation of the plugin's download. If following ZC recommended process of store operation/modification, this would be identified when installed on a development environment.

2) From a few perspecitves, a lot... Though, unfortunately am unable to answer the specific differences between the two programs as I have not used the other. They both use a csv file, they both allow some form of management of product data.

Plugin Contributions

Where can I download the latest version of EP4? I could not find it in the plugin sections.
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    Where can I download the latest version of EP4? I could not find it in the plugin sections.
    Not submitted as a plugin yet because of 1) insufficient documentation and 2) not multi-language (yet).

Two places, the most up-to-date awaiting feedback to be incorporated into the standard location is: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....22#post1278422
    Otherwise see the first post of this thread for a slightly older version that doesn't yet contain the changes made above.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Not submitted as a plugin yet because of 1) insufficient documentation and 2) not multi-language (yet).

Two places, the most up-to-date awaiting feedback to be incorporated into the standard location is: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....22#post1278422
    Otherwise see the first post of this thread for a slightly older version that doesn't yet contain the changes made above.
    Thanks.
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

I used easy populate to add new products and received error,
    1st can I use this to add new products?
    2cnd this is the errors I received:
    [Import Results

Filename: Full-EP2015Apr29-115223.csv

UPDATED! - Model: E139 | 1 | earrings/E | Fashion de | Cheap whol | | Fashion Ea | Fashion Ea | | | | | | | | 1 | 0.851 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | | 2015-04-29 | 1 | | Jewelry an | Joyas y Ac | ?^^Earring | --none-- | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 | Cheap whol | Cheap earr | Cheap whol | | | | | | | http://www |
    Error: Unbalanced Categories defined in:
    No model field in record. This line was not imported | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
    No model field in record. This line was not imported | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
    No model field in record. This line was not imported | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | 1 | 0 | Cheap whol | | | | | | | | | |

Finished Processing Import File ]
    Can you explain what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks
    RonGin

Plugin Contributions

Looks like the category "escape" code is used without having some sort of parent category...

To have present a pair of shoes that are of a particular style and for a specific gender for example, a category structure such as

shoes -> men -> sneakers could be a category structure. In the default version of EP4, this is represented as: shoes^men^sneakers

Above, I see an example of ^^Earring which could potentially indicate that he category Earring is underneath two blank categories.. That seems like it could present an error. Would almost need to see the raw data (CSV file) to provide a clearer explanation.

As for adding product, most certainly, every product must have a unique model #, and that model # must be included in the file being uploaded.