Page 103 of 361 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3605
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Now attempting to purge my entire inventory and start from scratch by deleting categories, but it seemed to be too much for the server as the admin page became inaccessible and eventually my site went down altogether for a time, with 'WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.' Tried to work around by creating extra database users in MySQL and editing /includes/configure.php to the rotating users tweak as on http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...728#post144728 but that didn't work either so I had to switch back. It seems my shop works fine so long as I never try to update the inventory. There has to be an easier way than this... :sighs:
    Last edited by double-happiness; 17 Jun 2013 at 05:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by double-happiness View Post
    Now attempting to purge my entire inventory and start from scratch by deleting categories, but it seemed to be too much for the server as the admin page became inaccessible and eventually my site went down altogether for a time, with 'WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.' Tried to work around by creating extra database users in MySQL and editing /includes/configure.php to the rotating users tweak as on http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...728#post144728 but that didn't work either so I had to switch back. It seems my shop works fine so long as I never try to update the inventory. There has to be an easier way than this... :sighs:
    Hi,

If you want to clear out your inventory, but the admin delete is timing out, then you need to do a search for the SQL commands that you can run via the SQL patch feature to remove them.

Note that when you delete an item from the admin, it also deletes the associated photo. You may not want that.

Adding a custom field is a two part process... first you need to add the field to the data base via phpMyAdmin from within your cpanel, once you've done that, then you need to enter it in the EP4 configuration page.

Also note: Database field name CANNOT have spaces in them, which is what you look to have done.

EP4 DOES handle file upload and downloads. But it doesn't STREAM the file at run time, meaning the data is exported to a file in your temp directory, and then from there you can download it.

Also, if you have a large import file, and a low end shared server/hosting environment, then you should use the SPLIT feature after you upload the file to break your import file into manageable chunks. Much work when into improving the performance of EP4, and I have tested with with another user importing 900,000 records... in this case we broke the file into 50,000 chunks and those import in about 200 seconds. He had a dedicated server which is much more powerful that the typical shared hosting. So try for the default of 2,000 record breaks when you split.

Note that this version is not an "upgrade" to the other out there, but a rewrite with many core changes to the code.

Hope this helps...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by k9dug View Post
    Easy Populate 4 Documentation

Is there a definitive set of docs for this version of the addon?

The wiki page (http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Easy_Populate) does not apply to version 4, and as far as I can see, there is no equivalent documentation for version 4.

There are some docs in Github, and 102 pages of posts here in the forum, as well as older info in the wiki, but it would make life a lot easier if there was an actual set of up-to-date docs somewhere for getting started, testing and then easy reference.

I would really like to see a nice clean table listing the columns and showing, at least, for each:
    • Column heading
    • Data type (string, int, float etc)
    • Required/optional
    • Unique (Y/N)
    • Notes (covering all the ways of using that column, restrictions etc)

Cheers,

gavin
    Hey Gavin,

You sound like a software engineer

Yes, that would be good to have, and I do have intentions, but time has not been permitting. I have a major update to post, but time is the killer....

Plugin Contributions

Hi Chad,

I'm a new Zenner and built a site using this mod on 1.51. I try to learn as much as possible before doing especially since I'm not a programmer. Most features and functions work and I thank you for building this mod. I would like to take advantage of the additional product fields and have gone through this entire thread searching for why my listed fields still come up "FALSE" under Tools/EP4. In reading post #'s 205, 378, 479, 621, 786, 789, etc., you mention creating those new fields in the SQL database. Unfortunately, when I go there with MyPHP admin in C-Panel and see the structure and field entries for all the existing databases, I'm completely lost with what to do. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    There are basic instruction on how to import attributes in the README.txt file that was included in the zip you downloaded from github.

Be sure to use Dr. Bytes MySQL Backup Tool... this way you can experiment without and roll back should something go awry.

Also, it is really recommended that you create a mirror of your live install for experimentation and testing. I always create LIVE, MIRROR and TESTING sites. This does take more time and effort initially, but it can really save your behind.

I also use the AutoMySQLBackup VER 2.5.1 to do daily MySQL backups. The script is quite good, and will rotate your old backups according to the schedule you want (daily, weekly, monthly).

-chadd
    OK, now getting somewhere.

I did a fresh install of ZC 1.5.1, with all example products.
    Then installed Backup MySQL Plugin, backed up the DB, installed EP4 (all ok).

Then I generated one of each of the 11 types of export file for a copies of the original product data.

As I am specifically interested in creating and updating attributes and attribute prices, I then ran several tests on the file "Attrib-Detailed-EP2013Jun18-134609.csv":

1. Deleted all except for 5 rows showing "MG200MMS" in v_products_model (ie all 5 varieties of a single product).
    Altered all the values for v_options_values_price.
    Uploaded and imported - all test values appeared correctly in the front end. (Great! - first time this far).

2. Starting with the same 5 rows, I then emptied all columns except
    v_products_model
    v_products_options_name
    v_products_options_values_name
    v_options_values_price

These are the ones I am interested in.

This failed and generated the following errors:
    Code:
    Output page top:

Warning File Import Completed with issues.
    Warning An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. 
    If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer

Output page bottom:

Import Results

Filename: Attrib-Detailed-EP2013-test2-a.csv

SKIPPED! - Attribute Entry on Model: MG200MMS - Not Found!
    Finished Processing Import File

Updated records: 0
    New Imported records: 0
    Errors Detected: 5
    Warnings Detected: 0
    Memory Usage: 6322296
    Memory Peak: 6463696
    Execution Time: 0.0096170902252197 seconds.
    3. I then tried deleting out all columns except for the four I'm interested in.
    Same errors as above.

Can you tell me which columns are required and which are optional?

I want to minimise as much as possible the size of the spreadsheet.

Thanks,

gav

Plugin Contributions

Hello Chad – I have created 2 user defined fields using the How to add new product fields? thread from
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Product-Fields

The fields are created in a table called products_extra_stuff.

Even though I am adding the 2 field names under admin>Configuration>Easy Populate 4 User Defined Products Fields(separated with commas, no spaces), they are defined as false under admin>Tools>Easy Populate 4.

Is there something that I have missed? Or should I be adding something else to EP4 code or this is not possible with EP4?

Really need this to upload data.
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    Hello Chad – I have created 2 user defined fields using the How to add new product fields? thread from
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Product-Fields

The fields are created in a table called products_extra_stuff.

Even though I am adding the 2 field names under admin>Configuration>Easy Populate 4 User Defined Products Fields(separated with commas, no spaces), they are defined as false under admin>Tools>Easy Populate 4.

Is there something that I have missed? Or should I be adding something else to EP4 code or this is not possible with EP4?

Really need this to upload data.
    Kevin,

User defined PRODUCTS fields only apply to the PRODUCTS table. Can you put those fields in the products table? If you do that, it will work.

NOW, if you brave and want to dive into the code, it shouldn't be TOO hard to follow the my lead. The next release of EP4 (crosses fingers) will have this more simplified. I moved all the custom stuff to user defined fields.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by k9dug View Post
    OK, now getting somewhere.

I did a fresh install of ZC 1.5.1, with all example products.
    Then installed Backup MySQL Plugin, backed up the DB, installed EP4 (all ok).

Then I generated one of each of the 11 types of export file for a copies of the original product data.

As I am specifically interested in creating and updating attributes and attribute prices, I then ran several tests on the file "Attrib-Detailed-EP2013Jun18-134609.csv":

1. Deleted all except for 5 rows showing "MG200MMS" in v_products_model (ie all 5 varieties of a single product).
    Altered all the values for v_options_values_price.
    Uploaded and imported - all test values appeared correctly in the front end. (Great! - first time this far).

2. Starting with the same 5 rows, I then emptied all columns except
    v_products_model
    v_products_options_name
    v_products_options_values_name
    v_options_values_price

These are the ones I am interested in.

This failed and generated the following errors:
    Code:
    Output page top:

Warning File Import Completed with issues.
    Warning An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. 
    If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer

Output page bottom:

Import Results

Filename: Attrib-Detailed-EP2013-test2-a.csv

Finished Processing Import File

Updated records: 0
    New Imported records: 0
    Errors Detected: 5
    Warnings Detected: 0
    Memory Usage: 6322296
    Memory Peak: 6463696
    Execution Time: 0.0096170902252197 seconds.
    3. I then tried deleting out all columns except for the four I'm interested in.
    Same errors as above.

Can you tell me which columns are required and which are optional?

I want to minimise as much as possible the size of the spreadsheet.

Thanks,

gav
    Gav,

You must first use the BASIC sheet to create your products options names and products options values names. Once you do that, you download the DETAILED sheet, make your edits and then upload to update.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the prompt reply.

When would the next version be out?

Any lead into where to start diving would be greatly appreciated.

ps. everyone says try to keep any additional fields away from the core tables. That's why I chose to create a new table!
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    Hi,

If you want to clear out your inventory, but the admin delete is timing out, then you need to do a search for the SQL commands that you can run via the SQL patch feature to remove them.

Note that when you delete an item from the admin, it also deletes the associated photo. You may not want that.

Adding a custom field is a two part process... first you need to add the field to the data base via phpMyAdmin from within your cpanel, once you've done that, then you need to enter it in the EP4 configuration page.

Also note: Database field name CANNOT have spaces in them, which is what you look to have done.

EP4 DOES handle file upload and downloads. But it doesn't STREAM the file at run time, meaning the data is exported to a file in your temp directory, and then from there you can download it.

Also, if you have a large import file, and a low end shared server/hosting environment, then you should use the SPLIT feature after you upload the file to break your import file into manageable chunks. Much work when into improving the performance of EP4, and I have tested with with another user importing 900,000 records... in this case we broke the file into 50,000 chunks and those import in about 200 seconds. He had a dedicated server which is much more powerful that the typical shared hosting. So try for the default of 2,000 record breaks when you split.

Note that this version is not an "upgrade" to the other out there, but a rewrite with many core changes to the code.

Hope this helps...
    Thanks for the reply.

I've learned the hard way about images being deleted when an item is deleted from admin. That is not something I want at all, not sure what to do about that though.

I've looked in phpMyAdmin to try to find where the User Defined Product Fields are supposed to to go, without success.

None of the database field names were entered with spaces.