Page 104 of 361 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 3606
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

When would the next version be out?

Any lead into where to start diving would be greatly appreciated.

ps. everyone says try to keep any additional fields away from the core tables. That's why I chose to create a new table!
    Well... you don't HAVE to follow that advice. For coding changes, be sure to use the over rides, but if you are simply adding a couple fields that are very specific to the products data, put them in the PRODUCTS database. Things will be MUCH simpler, you'll have fewer SQL requests, and actually LESS core modifications.

Next version? Weeks... Months? Depends on my work load and if I can get some free time. Next version will be submitted to the zencart downloads, so I want to be sure it's solid and well documented.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

That's exactly what I did.

Thank you. Chad
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the great software. I used to use an old version of Easy Populate on an old store. I'm setting up a new store at the moment and this version of Easy Populate is Looking very promising! MUCH MUCH faster. A lot less memory usage on my VPS.

Will test it out tomorrow! Thanks already for ALL your work. I program a lot of stuff in my freetime and I know how much work a project like this is. You are a blessing for the community!

Plugin Contributions

CEON URI mapping and Easy Populate
    Im having a problem with these 2 mods. When I export all my products using easy populate, the URL column is blank. Its blank in phpmyadmin as well which is normal behavior I guess with CEON?

But how can I do an export so all products include a URL? Im doing this for a shopping comparison site feed.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chargin View Post
    CEON URI mapping and Easy Populate
    Im having a problem with these 2 mods. When I export all my products using easy populate, the URL column is blank. Its blank in phpmyadmin as well which is normal behavior I guess with CEON?

But how can I do an export so all products include a URL? Im doing this for a shopping comparison site feed.
    Read this about Product URL:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s-Products-Url

Not what you'd expect.

I am working on an update that export a products cpath (what you normally see when you're on a product page), I will have to do some research to see what Conor did in his URI mapping mod, but I think he uses some of his own tables and core modifications....

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Wow! Amazing timing. I just came here looking for a way to get Ceon URI and EP4 to play together!

Yes, Conor added his own tables. I have manipulated Ceon URIs manually before, but it's been a long time. If memory serves, he links to the actual Prod ID. I think what I did was dump his Prod URI table (using phpMyAdmin), then dump the ZC Prod URI table, then line the two files up by Prod ID. Once you have the info, you can manipulate it, split up again, and import back.

I have been wondering for a long time why EP4 does not use the actual Prod IDs (or Cat IDs)? I really, really like to use (and occasionally manipulate) those bits of information. Extremely useful stuff. I guess it could too easily lead to screwing things up?

Anyway, I'm bummed to see there is no easy way to import/export Ceon URIs yet.

Chadd, the update you describe working on (export cpath) is super exciting! I would get a ton of use out of it, especially if it worked with Ceon URI! How far off in the future is your update?

Chargin, I'm guessing Chadd's update won't be ready in the next 24 hours, so I'm probably going to try to figure out how to do it manually. If you are comfortable with manipulating the database directly, I'll be happy to relay some instructions after I figure it out.

Plugin Contributions

Feznizzle that sounds good, if you can give us an outline.
    I looked at phpmyadmin and was thinking excel might work with an export but it all seemed too hard....

Id love to get chadd's mod when hes ready though.

Thanks guys.

Plugin Contributions

Chadd (or anybody!),

I've been searching thru this thread, trying to find a way to get EP4 to export product_ID. But I can't seem to find a way to do it. Can you tell me an easy way to do it?

Next question... in EP4, what triggers the connection between product info (name, description, price, etc) and the controlling poduct_id? Is it product model? No, I don't think so. I'm thinking Product Name?

Man, I really need an easy way to access those ID's. Please help!

Thanks,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

NM the question about what triggers the connection... I see model numbers control everything. Wow. That is rough, if you have thousands and thousands of products as I do. I don't control the model numbers, manufacturers do. A model # for a widget from Manufacturer #1 could easily conflict with Manufacturer #2.

Wow. This is a bummer! The only thing I am sure won't conflict is ZC ID.

Plugin Contributions

For a moment there, I thought getting product id was going to be easy.

I went to: Configuration/Easy Populate 4

Clicked on: User Defined Products Fields

And added: v_products_id

But it showed up as FALSE on the Tools/Easy Populate 4 page. What am I doing wrong?