Page 249 of 346 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3451
  1. #2481
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    186
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    When you access your admin, does the path to your admin include zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016 when looking at the uri of your browser?
    Yes, when looking at the uri of my browser the path to my admin does include zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016. This is as expected since zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016 is the catalog front end of the Zen Cart.

    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Does backup_mysql.php exist elsewhere in your file structure off of the catalog front end?
    I don't know how to check for that short of manually looking into each of the hundreds of sub directories contained therein. However, just to confirm the admin tool console was in fact looking at that file, I deleted it and then tried accessing Tools> Database Backup - MySQL and, as expected, got a 404 Error File Not Found. I then restored /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/My_Secret_Admin/backup_mysql.php and then again accessed it via Tools> Database Backup - MySQL without error.

    Additionally, I used the admin Console>Tools>Developers Tool Kit to Look up in all files and search the phrase easypopulate in All Files Catalog/Admin for every file type. Here are the files that were found.


    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/easypopulate_4.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/easypopulate_4_attrib.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/easypopulate_4_export.php
    zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/easypopulate_4_import.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/easypopulate_4_split.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/functions/extra_functions/reg_easypopulate_4.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/languages/english/easypopulate_4.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/languages/english/easypopulate_4_menus.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/easypopulate_4.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/modules/easypopulate_4_filelayout.php

    How does that look? What should I do next? Thanks!!

  2. #2482
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    37
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zean View Post

    Additionally, I used the admin Console>Tools>Developers Tool Kit to Look up in all files and search the phrase easypopulate in All Files Catalog/Admin for every file type. Here are the files that were found.


    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/easypopulate_4.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/easypopulate_4_attrib.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/easypopulate_4_export.php
    zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/easypopulate_4_import.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/easypopulate_4_split.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/functions/extra_functions/reg_easypopulate_4.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/languages/english/easypopulate_4.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/languages/english/easypopulate_4_menus.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/easypopulate_4.php
    /zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016/MY_SECRET_ADMIN/includes/modules/easypopulate_4_filelayout.php

    How does that look? What should I do next? Thanks!!
    I see you are missing admin/includes/extra_datafiles/easypopulate_4_filenames.php
    Try to upload that file and let us know... :)

  3. #2483
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,356
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    The above "easypopulate" search should have identified the file kabko stated. The contents of that file are:

    Code:
    <?php
    // $Id: easypopulate_filenames.php, v4.0.21 06-01-2012 chadderuski $
    define('FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE_4', 'easypopulate_4');
    ?>
    The absence of that file will prevent loading the admin menu option to operate EP4. Thanks for that additional file comparison. I was going to suggest attempting to reupload all of the files as a group (not one at a time) and have them replace the files previously attempted to be uploaded.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  4. #2484
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    186
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kabko View Post
    I see you are missing admin/includes/extra_datafiles/easypopulate_4_filenames.php
    Try to upload that file and let us know... :)
    Wow! You hit it exactly! I uploaded that file and all seems to work.
    I misunderstood the instructions in INSTALL.txt item 2 b) . . .
    Code:
    2. Upload all files in the "admin" directory to your site maintaining directory structure.
       No core files are changed.
    
    	a) If you are using zencart 1.3.8/1.3.9, you need to also upload the additional
            files in the "zencart 1.3 extra files" folder. 
    
    	b)  If you are using zencart 1.5.x, no additional files need to be uploaded as the file necessary
    	 to support ZenCart 1.5.x has been placed within the above "admin" directory.
    So, I mistakenly did not upload admin\includes\extra_datafiles\easypopulate_4_filenames.php
    It seems I erroneously conflated "no additional" with "extra_datafiles"

    Now that I seem to have it properly installed, I'm looking forward to figuring out how to use it.
    I thought as a first step I would export the demo data products to see how the csv's of new products should be coded for input.

    Thanks so much kabko! And Thank you mc12345678

  5. #2485
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    37
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zean View Post

    Thanks so much kabko! And Thank you mc12345678
    No problem... Even though Im "beginner" in ZENCART, I do know a little bit about coding, so everytime I see someone has a problem, I try to find a solution, and if I cant, I look into forum if anyone else replied with a solution - and this is the best way to learn. (at least for me...lol)

  6. #2486
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,356
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zean View Post
    Wow! You hit it exactly! I uploaded that file and all seems to work.
    I misunderstood the instructions in INSTALL.txt item 2 b) . . .
    Code:
    2. Upload all files in the "admin" directory to your site maintaining directory structure.
       No core files are changed.
    
    	a) If you are using zencart 1.3.8/1.3.9, you need to also upload the additional
            files in the "zencart 1.3 extra files" folder. 
    
    	b)  If you are using zencart 1.5.x, no additional files need to be uploaded as the file necessary
    	 to support ZenCart 1.5.x has been placed within the above "admin" directory.
    So, I mistakenly did not upload admin\includes\extra_datafiles\easypopulate_4_filenames.php
    It seems I erroneously conflated "no additional" with "extra_datafiles"

    Now that I seem to have it properly installed, I'm looking forward to figuring out how to use it.
    I thought as a first step I would export the demo data products to see how the csv's of new products should be coded for input.

    Thanks so much kabko! And Thank you mc12345678
    I am making some modifications to the instructions for the next version. This will be an area touched to try to reduce such confusion.

    A little background, at some point in the code's history, chadderuski had made the final "step" of installation a process requiring upload of the applicable file for the version of ZC. Not too long ago I decided to simplify the process by a step to include the file automatically in the fileset. In changing the instructions to "match" I minimized the change instead of rewriting that section. Time to rewrite. :) thanks for identifying where the confusion came from.

    On a side note and as pointed out by DrByte in the last couple of pages, generally speaking plugins are provided with the complete file structure and "at worst" may require renaming of override folders to match the applicable template. This plugin doesn't have such overrides (except for languages not yet translated), but the point being that once such changes have been made "locally" and possibly merge of overwritten files performed, the entire fileset is uploaded as a unit rather than file by file. Such a "missed" file would not occur. Again there, thank you for identifying why the file was omitted. That type of discussion helps upfront to identify why something isn't working the way it is expected and helps to expedite solving the issue.

    As to your next step of exporting a sample file. Spot on. Please keep in mind usage as described in the instructions for uploading and also note that there is a patch on the previous page if you are uploading attributes using EP4 version 4.0.35.ZC as downloaded from the ZC site.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  7. #2487
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    221
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    I have a need to provide a product export from a zen cart store which will be incorporated into a Amazon store. Amazon is asking for the following product information:

    SKU/Model#
    Product Name
    Brand/Manufacturer
    Price
    Quantity
    Description
    Image URL
    additional images
    attributes

    I installed Easy Populate 4.0.35.ZC and downloaded "Complete Products (with Metatags)" and "Basic Products Attributes (basic single-line)"

    Questions:

    1. Is there a way to perform an export that contains both the complete product info and attributes in one file?
    2. Is there a way to get the "Image URL"
    3. Is there a way to export additional images?

  8. #2488
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,356
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Always a way. :) may not really like the results in total, but it is always possible to add more data to the export.
    2. The image path is pretty much already provided.
    3. Additional images is something not directly handled by EP4 but by invoking some of the other ZC code, such image paths can be obtained. Do run into some of the issues otherwise addressed like, how will each of the additional images be presented? One image per row of data such that if there were 5 additional images then each row of product data would be displayed 5 times over? Or columns? How does one maximize the use of the appropriate column?

    Look back several pages I explain how the exported tables will grow by combining ever more data into a single spreadsheet, but doable.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  9. #2489
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,356
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    @Crunch,

    What are the separators for attributes and additional images?
    With regards to attributes, how is a grouping of option names expected to be considered/separated?
    Ie. If a product has an option name of size and an option name of color, are they looking for all potential sizes and all potential colors or only the combinations that are expected to exist, both, etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  10. #2490
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    221
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    @Crunch,

    What are the separators for attributes and additional images?
    With regards to attributes, how is a grouping of option names expected to be considered/separated?
    Ie. If a product has an option name of size and an option name of color, are they looking for all potential sizes and all potential colors or only the combinations that are expected to exist, both, etc...
    Unfortunately I was provided no specifics. I was cold added into an email thread between the store owner and an Amazon rep discussing migration to a Amazon store.

    This is all they asked for:

    "Send me a data file or spreadsheet (as a product export from your eCommerce platform) containing the following product information for the initial items you’d like to list:

    • Product Name
    • Brand/Manufacturer
    • UPC Code
    • Price
    • Quantity
    • Description
    • Image URL

    There are many other optional fields that can be included, such as your own SKU#, search keywords, additional images, size or color variations available, weight if you want to charge weight-based shipping rates, etc. But those are optional—the fields above are the basic ones needed."

    They refer to attributes as variations.

    I think at this point I will send them two data files - the "Complete Products (with Metatags)" and "Basic Products Attributes (basic single-line)" and see if that works for their integration team. If I receive any other info, I will let you know.
    Last edited by Crunch; 28 May 2016 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Removal of extra # signs

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Hebrew Support - latest release [Support Thread]
    By eranariel in forum Addon Language Packs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 22 Mar 2021, 01:11 AM
  2. BackUp ZC [Support Thread]
    By skipwater in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 285
    Last Post: 23 Dec 2020, 10:40 AM
  3. Wordpress On ZC [Support Thread]
    By hira in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 1858
    Last Post: 17 Jan 2014, 01:24 AM
  4. ZJ Black 2 support thread
    By Liamv in forum Addon Templates
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15 Feb 2010, 02:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR