Page 277 of 361 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3607
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mrcastle View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to remove one of two categories selected for several items using EP4 All of the items were originally placed in the category "miscellaneous" but since then I have created more specific categories like "Bach" "Bartok" "Beethoven" etc. When you do a search on "miscellaneous" all of the "Bach" "Bartok" "Beethoven" items are still listed. So I want to remove them all from the "miscellaneous' category and just have them in their own unique category. I think using EP4 may save me several hours of doing this one by one. Please note: all of those items are using "miscellaneous" as the master category, so I would need to somehow change master category first. Thx
    Actually, if the master category is currently associated to the product and it is desired to remove them from that category, then it takes a little bit of logic/thought, but it is simple.

Here are two scenario that would work to remove a product from a category *AND* ensure maintaining a master_category.

If the standard output file that shows linked product is reviewed (sorted at least by the primary key) and there are two or more entries for the product: then either 1) remove the row that includes the row having the category that is the current master_category which is supposedly also the one from which to remove the product or 2) be sure that the category from which it is to be removed is in a row above/before the one in which it is to end up/stay.
    Change the products_status to a value of 7 for the row that contains the category to which to change to master_category. This will perform two things. 1) it will change the master_category of the product to the category assigned for that row and will remove the product from the category from that which was identified as the master_category for the product.

If the product is not linked (only one record in the linked product export of a full set of the database, then simply changing the products_status to 7 and the category assignment to that desired will assign the product to the category and update the master_category to be that of the same and will remove the product from the previous master_category.

There are a number of ways to evaluate, discover, etc.. information related to the above, but as said, basically the product status of 7 will assign the current row's category as the master category and remove the product from the previous master_category. So there are a number of swaps that can be made to remove the product from each linked category by assigning the product to a new master category. Any record that follows the last status change to 7 will be added/updated to reflect the data on that row.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

My apologies, the answer is within the ZenCart posts but I didn't understand it the first time through. For anyone else trying to do the same thing, you select the category, and then use copy function. At the bottom of the screen you will see a "multiple categories link manager". As a suggestion, perhaps it might be easier to find this feature under the tools menu ? Anyways, it is a very clever app and (once you understand it) and it works without any problems. For myself, I was able to move hundreds of items into new categories just by entering the current category number and then the new category number to replace it with. As always, make SURE you backup your database using the backup wizard.
    Last edited by mrcastle; 15 May 2017 at 06:30 PM. Reason: describe better

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrcastle View Post
    My apologies, the answer is within the ZenCart posts but I didn't understand it the first time through. For anyone else trying to do the same thing, you select the category, and then use copy function. At the bottom of the screen you will see a "multiple categories link manager". As a suggestion, perhaps it might be easier to find this feature under the tools menu ? Anyways, it is a very clever app and (once you understand it) and it works without any problems. For myself, I was able to move hundreds of items into new categories just by entering the current category number and then the new category number to replace it with. As always, make SURE you backup your database using the backup wizard.
    Yes, there is more than one way to accomplish something. That particular additional tool is accessible off of at least the tools/area of copying a product, when in the attributes controller with a product within a category "shown", or in the products price manager (found in the catalog menu).

Specifically to your issue if all product in question existed only in the miscellaneous and in the designated composer folder, then delete all rows in the file that had the miscellaneous category. Enter 7 in the products status field in the first row, copy that down to the end of the data, save the file (suggest modifying text towards the end so that still have the original file) upload and then import, would have been done. But glad that you found a way that didn't take too much time.

Plugin Contributions

Can I do this https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-Bulk-Products through the help of easy populate? Thank you for the advice.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by aurum.genesis View Post
    Can I do this https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-Bulk-Products through the help of easy populate? Thank you for the advice.
    Yes, but I suggest working with EP4 (or any such software) in a test environment first to understand what is needed and how it works. The hardest part of using EP4 is working with whatever editor to save the file in a suitable UTF-8 CSV format. EP4 simply provides the doorway between the database and the data file.

A couple of things would be needed/needed to be done to accomplish the described task: product added to store, attributes made to exist in the store and detailed information applied to all of those.

Take a moment to read through the instructions. There are a lot more concepts than just press button, watch action that are described.

Plugin Contributions

I had a hard drive crash so I am installing zen cart with EasyPopulate 4.0 for some reason it will not import the csv file that I have as a backup (it was created by EasyPopulate 4.0 file name Full-EP2017Apr01-050757.csv).

I have one product and category in the database right now . Don't know if it's a file permission thing or what.

output from EP4....
    header message: File Import Completed.

bottom of page message:
    Finished Processing Import File

Updated records: 0
    New Imported records: 0
    Errors Detected: 0
    Warnings Detected: 0
    Memory Usage: 4057016
    Memory Peak: 4876000
    Execution Time: 0.00025701522827148 seconds.

database not changed..

if someone could point me in the right direction I would be great full there is 1500 products to setup

Plugin Contributions

Could you please provide the header row, the first row of data and the language information that is on the right side of the tools menu identifying the language number(s) applied to each language and as well the version of EP4 installed?

Plugin Contributions

first the csv file was made by ep4 (exported) so everything there is right... silly me figured out that it was firewalld stopping things from working right... Lol fixed it and all 1500 products were imported without a problem...

I LOVE THIS ADDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hivtop View Post
    first the csv file was made by ep4 (exported) so everything there is right... silly me figured out that it was firewalld stopping things from working right... Lol fixed it and all 1500 products were imported without a problem...

I LOVE THIS ADDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad that it got sorted out. Understandable that it was exported by EP4 and would be expected to import, but there are a few things that could have been different between the old database and "rebuilt" one that could have possibly caused an issue or at least warranted further review/discussion. :) but, alas it was something else. :)

Happy zenning!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I have a problem when I import a CSV-file using "EasyPopulate 4 Master", and I want to download the file, I get following error message:.
    "Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /admin/temp/Full-EP2017Jun20-205456.csv on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Is it a server problem at my Webhost, or am I just doing something wrong?

I have installed Easy Populate many times in Zen Cart, and I have never had this problem before.
    I do have to admit, that I am not sure if I have installed it correct, but no matter what, if I have installed it correct or not, I still never had the problem before, but by some reason I get the error now.
    I would appreciate if someone could let me know if I have done the installation correct or not please, and if I have done it wrong, how should I do it then please?

The way I have installed it, is following:
    I uploaded the unzipped content from the Admin floder to the Admin folder on the server, and i installed it in Admin, as it tell me to do. I created an empty "temp" folder in Admin at the server. I am not sure about the .htaccess file. I've tried to place it in the created "temp" folder, and I have also tried not to upload it at all. No matter if it is in the "temp" folder or not, the CSV-files get importet to my "temp" folder. Before I could also download the CSV-files to my computer without any problem, but now I get the error message.
    I would appreciate very much if someone would take the time, and help me out with this problem please.