Page 148 of 361 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes - EP4

Quote Originally Posted by FoodSourceDirect View Post
    I am a new eCommerce merchant. Installed PrestaShop 1.6 and decided that it may not be the best for our needs. So i looked at OpenCart, Magento and Zen Cart and decided on Zen Cart....

So I installed ZC 1.5.3 and EP4 4.0.24 (latest edition). When I try to log-in to my store right after the EP4 installation, my computer screen goes to GitHub. (See attached screenshot).

I temporarily removed the EP4 files so that I could log-in to the store. I was then able to log-in successfully. I installed the files once more taking care to make sure that they were copied to the correct folders. then I tried to log-in again so that I can complete the installation of EP4 and I got the same GitHub screen again.

What am I doing wrong?
    That is very unusual. There is nothing in the code that chadderuski and I have worked on that would send you anywhere else but your own site.

Pleas identify each step you have done to obtain the files and then upload them to your site?

The process should be something similar to this: goto github (or use the direct link that I posted a few posts back) in the lower right corner is an option to download the zip file. Unzip the zip file, then files that are in the admin directory are loaded into the admin directory, files in the admin directory specific to the version of ZC are then loaded into the admin directory of the store, then the admin directory is accessed and logged into. Goto tolls: EasyPopulate 4, select install, then goto configuration->EasyPopulate 4, select/verify the temporary storage directory location and set any other desired options, then return to the tools area to use EP4.

No where in all of this is a user sent back to github nor is there any "reach back/out" by the software to communicate with any other location, business, or the like. (For those that might have a concern of using this software.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi:

Speaking for myself, I have every confidence in Chad and your efforts to provide a safe workable module that would provide e-Commerce merchants using ZC with product import, export, and update capabilities, etc. Based on all that I have read yesterday, I am very impressed with EP4. Before installing the module I spent all of yesterday reading this thread from page 1 to page 147 before downloading the files. I wanted to make sure that I don't miss anything. I am saying that there is something I may have missed. I need someone to help me discover that. And, it's not that I copied the files from or to the wrong place. There may be something else going on that is unique to my setup

After downloading the files, I signed-up for GitHub. Could that be somehow connected to the problem? (I must admit. In all of my reading, I did not read up on what GitHub is.

When I installed the EP4 files, I was still logged into GitHub. Before reading your post, I wen back a third time and this time, I individually copied each EP4 file to my admin folder. The files that are supposed to be copied to the admin folder were copied there. The files that are in the includes folder went to the includes folder and their respective folders on my store server as per instructions. The file in the 'Zen Cart 1.5 Extra Files' folder that is in the extra_functions folder was copied to my server's admin>includes>function>extra_functions folder. I try to log-in to my ZC store and I get GitHub.

Now here is where it gets weird. At the loaded GitHub screen I noticed that I am logged in to GitHub. So I log out. When I logged out my screen changes to mydomain.com. Yousee I log into my store using the following link: foodsourcedirect/store/admin. But when I tried to log-out of GitHub, the screen changes to a 404 screen at foodsourcedirect.com, which is my disabled Pprestashop 1.6 store off of our root. So I said well let me delete the GitHUB account. Again it takes me to the same 404 screen. So I clicked on my username (AVFSD) on GitHub. That too takes me to the 404 screen. I changed to FireFox and logged into GitHub and deleted the account. I stayed on FireFox and tried to log-in to my ZC store and it still went to the GitHub screen that was attached in my previous post. And would you know, my username AVFSD appears again at the top of the screen this time with "Account Settings, "Sign-in" grayed out.

Somehow GitHub is now linked to my domain. I am not blaming you guys. I am saying that what is happening is weird and it would be great if we can work together to find out what happened. EP4 and ZC are the eCommerce tools that I need.

A.J.
    Last edited by FoodSourceDirect; 21 Jul 2014 at 05:30 PM. Reason: to clarify

Plugin Contributions

Hi:

Speaking for myself, I have every confidence in Chad and your efforts to provide a safe workable module that would provide e-Commerce merchants using ZC with product import, export, and update capabilities, etc. Based on all that I have read yesterday, I am very impressed with EP4. Before installing the module I spent all of yesterday reading this thread from page 1 to page 147 before downloading the files. I wanted to make sure that I don't miss anything. I am saying that there is something I may have missed. I need someone to help me discover that. And, it's not that I copied the files from or to the wrong place. There may be something else going on that is unique to my setup

After downloading the files, I signed-up for GitHub. Could that be somehow connected to the problem? (I must admit. In all of my reading, I did not read up on what GitHub is.

When I installed the EP4 files, I was still logged into GitHub. Before reading your post, I wen back a third time and this time, I individually copied each EP4 file to my admin folder. The files that are supposed to be copied to the admin folder were copied there. The files that are in the includes folder went to the includes folder and their respective folders on my store server as per instructions. The file in the 'Zen Cart 1.5 Extra Files' folder that is in the extra_functions folder was copied to my server's admin>includes>function>extra_functions folder. I try to log-in to my ZC store and I get GitHub.

Now here is where it gets weird. At the loaded GitHub screen I noticed that I am logged in to GitHub. So I log out. When I logged out my screen changes to mydomain.com. Yousee I log into my store using the following link: foodsourcedirect/store/admin. But when I tried to log-out of GitHub, the screen changes to a 404 screen at foodsourcedirect.com, which is my disabled Pprestashop 1.6 store off of our root. So I said well let me delete the GitHUB account. Again it takes me to the same 404 screen. So I clicked on my username (AVFSD) on GitHub. That too takes me to the 404 screen. I changed to FireFox and logged into GitHub and deleted the account. I stayed on FireFox and tried to log-in to my ZC store and it still went to the GitHub screen that was attached in my previous post. And would you know, my username AVFSD appears again at the top of the screen this time with "Account Settings, "Sign-in" grayed out.

Somehow GitHub is now linked to my domain. I am not blaming you guys. I am saying that what is happening is weird and it would be great if we can work together to find out what happened. EP4 and ZC are the eCommerce tools that I need.

A.J.
    So, first of all, I forgot my manners... Welcome to Zen Cart, and glad that you have chosen to go down the path of Zen.

I think I understand now what has happened. In some way, the html code of each of the files seen in github has been copied into the file itself that is being loaded. So, when the admin panel loads, the first of those files is loaded as saved... This takes the individual back to github. So, hopefully the instruction(s) provided in my previous post has helped to resolve this issue by providing the files to be manipulated locally and then uploaded to your site.

On the issue of github... Github is basically a storage location where incremental changes may be applied, tested and then accepted to be a part of the main product. So, it is possible that someone could run off and create a new feature off of the existing software, test it out without affecting the known functional code/item. While it is useful for programming, it can be used for any number of processes/documents. As far as I know, an account is not required to obtain general information from github; however, there are more/other options available with a login/at a fee. Anyways, if the files are/have been downloaded as suggested and then installed, the issues should be resolved.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the Welcome. Didn't notice any "bad manners" I think you were in shock. Apparently it took a few minutes for the account deletion process to complete. Also, I went back and double checked and realyzed that I had not copied over "install.txt." One small error with big consequences. Such is life. Thank you again for your courteous and fast response.

The fourth try (installation) was a charm. I am in "Configuration" now.

Is EP4 particular about where I put the temp folder?

A.J.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the Welcome. Didn't notice any "bad manners" I think you were in shock. Apparently it took a few minutes for the account deletion process to complete. Also, I went back and double checked and realyzed that I had not copied over "install.txt." One small error with big consequences. Such is life. Thank you again for your courteous and fast response.

Is EP4 particular about where I put the temp folder?

A.J.
    EP4 itself is not concerned so much as to the location, though, I can't say that I have tried nor would suggest that the location be offsite. Predominantly, the suggestion is to place the files in the admin directory as it is at least removed by one step from the root of the directory. This is essentially a security precaution for the product information that is stored.

It has been suggested that since the instructions suggest the admin directory that the default be made to point to the admin directory. This is something that can be done using the ZC assigned constants and is likely to make it into upcoming modifications; however, there are a few other things to concentrate on first.

Plugin Contributions

A.J.
    Hi A.J.!

I must award you with the MOST BIZARRE bug ever award for EP4!!! Only things that come to mind... did you copy the individual files from github or copy paste the text into your only fles, or did you download and extract the EasyPopulate-4.0-master.zip file and work with those files?

I have never seen what you describe, and to be honest, I cannot even imagine how you accomplished it. NOW... hmmm... did you download "Github for Windows" and pull a version down or fork a version? Then try to use THOSE files?? There are a LOT of hidden files related to github in those folders when you do that... perhaps you did something like this?

Anyway. It seems you have it working now! Blame it on the NSA... they took control of your computer and were having fun with you!

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Hi Chad. hahaha

It was weird. I believe that it may have been a combination of things. I clicked on Install.txt thinking that it was providing install instructions. Then I opened a GitHUb account. Downloaded your EP 4.0 master zip and copied those files to my admin etc.... Then stuff happened.

Anyway that's behind us.

I have re-formatted my categories to make them compatible with ZC. I opted to include the zen cart demo categories and data during the zen cart installation.

What is the next step? Do I upload my categories using the Category-EPxxxx template? Or can I upload Full-EP xxxx formatted file with categories and all the other fields since I already have demo categories from the ZC installation?

Once I learn how to upload my data error free, then I will need to create 23 custom product fields. and update ZC with complete product information for each product. We are a natural health food store. (herbs, spices, supplements, teas, personal care, etc.) What I need to do is provide the customer with 'Read Only' product information for each product. I noticed that the Numinix module includes some of the custom fields that I need but not all. However, I am not clear on the sequence of steps on how to install Numinix.

These are the fields that I will have to add to the product table.
    Ingredients
    Safety Information
    Suggested Uses
    Product Information
    Kosher (yes or no)
    Organic (yes or no)
    Case Size
    Brand
    Wholesale Price
    Reference Number (Item Number)
    UPC
    EAN13
    Condition (New or Used)
    Warehouse
    Origin
    Botanical name
    Label Directions
    Unit of Measure (UOM)
    Unit of measure per Each (UOMPEREA)
    Brand
    Unit Price
    Discount Percentage
    Long Description

Do I add custom fields in the ZC product database table using phpMyAdmin?

Thanking in in advance for your guidance

Plugin Contributions

Hi Chad. hahaha

It was weird. I believe that it may have been a combination of things. I clicked on Install.txt thinking that it was providing install instructions. Then I opened a GitHUb account. Downloaded your EP 4.0 master zip and copied those files to my admin etc.... Then stuff happened.

Anyway that's behind us.

I have re-formatted my categories to make them compatible with ZC. I opted to include the zen cart demo categories and data during the zen cart installation.

What is the next step? Do I upload my categories using the Category-EPxxxx template? Or can I upload Full-EP xxxx formatted file with categories and all the other fields since I already have demo categories from the ZC installation?

Once I learn how to upload my data error free, then I will need to create 23 custom product fields. and update ZC with complete product information for each product. We are a natural health food store. (herbs, spices, supplements, teas, personal care, etc.) What I need to do is provide the customer with 'Read Only' product information for each product. I noticed that the Numinix module includes some of the custom fields that I need but not all. However, I am not clear on the sequence of steps on how to install Numinix.

These are the fields that I will have to add to the product table.
    Ingredients
    Safety Information
    Suggested Uses
    Product Information
    Kosher (yes or no)
    Organic (yes or no)
    Case Size
    Brand
    Wholesale Price
    Reference Number (Item Number)
    UPC
    EAN13
    Condition (New or Used)
    Warehouse
    Origin
    Botanical name
    Label Directions
    Unit of Measure (UOM)
    Unit of measure per Each (UOMPEREA)
    Brand
    Unit Price
    Discount Percentage
    Long Description

Thanking in in advance for your guidance
    Whoa nelly,

Got a lot going on there. Okay, so Zen Cart, some of the basics both with the program and the forum.

Forum first, while all of us here have some knowledge of something or other, not everything belongs in every thread. Further, people tend to follow a thread (or jump into one) based on the title or subject of the thread. So there are a number of things interlaced in your question. I consider only a small portion applicable to this thread. Others apply to either a new thread or one of the existing ones. (For example, questions about numinix' software would be much easier to answer by those following threads about numinix' programs.) I have recently had to provide some instruction about how to incorporate his workings into a store, and my best advice to make future building easier is to wait until you really need his software/have finished installing other code before installing his mods. Background to that (which Ep4 is not subject to) is that some installations expect certain tables to be unmodified and therefore take no action to ensure a successful install regarding the number of columns in the destination table. So either await installation of other mods, or learn how to get around their shortcomings. (And remember that basically everything here is "given" out of the hardwork and "free" time that contributors have.) That said, anyone is permitted to upload a change to a plugin, there are some guidelines and like most things in the zen cart forum they are covered either in their own thread, a faq, or the wiki. Do understand that there is the random possibility that you will be considered accountable for the future of the plugin, but that is not always an issue. :)

So, I think I've covered the forum enough, and realize not all will present in this way. Some will advise to get out of the thread. :) but, hey gotta start somewhere. :)

So the items specific to EP4. Currently, ep4 does not go and create everything that doesn't exist when doing something like a full import. As you may have seen (but not necessarily paid attention to) in the forum I have at least a couple of times explained the general procedure and workings of EP4.

The first suggestion, and surprisingly or not the program was put together somewhat this way, is to actually try to create a product in ZC from the admin. Become familiar with the sequence, how does a product come to exist fully developed for display to a customer? If you understand that process, then putting the store together through EP4 is very similar, but with lots of options at once rather than the several clicks that may be involved along the way. Say to add ten option values each to 5 option names, for example.... That's potentially 50 entries if you don't take advantage of some of the quick actions available in ZC, or could be copying a row downwards five rows after having added the ten items once before, etc...

Another way to think about it, if it's not in the database, it needs to get there somehow and if it's not in the database at all, go back to the basics (basic import/export) then get detailed about it. So if wanting to know if a category exists, ask the daatabase possibly with a basic category export. If it's there, then it's probably not associated with anything, so have to possibly take a look at a detailed category list. Then well, it needs to relate to a product, but the product isn't there either, so back to basics with the product, get it's initial data in there, then move on until all things that feed the information on the detailed sheet are available/present.

Okay, so moving on a little from there and to bridge the gap. Once you get all of your new fields, you'll need to tell EP4 about them in some wya, whether that is to modify the sql datadump or to add the fields onto the modifiable list in the admin panel. Only enter the field name as it appears in the database, do not add v_ at the beginning of the field.

So, hopefully that helped in one or more ways.

Plugin Contributions

You're right. I am new to this Forum thing. Thank you for your suggestions. It looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

A.J.

Plugin Contributions

LOL! Yes, a loaded question. My recommendations...

I would re-run the install script and not select to install the Demo data. The demo data is not necessarily 100% compatible with EP4. For example, Zencart will let you add a product without giving it a Model number and Zencart will function fine like that. However, EP4 needs a products_model (that's the database field) in order to know when to add or modify information for a given entry in the database.

Use the blank (no demo data) store to start to build you categories and products.

Now, if you want to use the demo data to see how things are done, just create a new database from your cpanel and install another instance of zencart in a sub-directory of your website.

Categories: The Category-EP export is a 1-to-1 export/import tool and ONLY used to UPDATE category information (like assigning meta data, image names). You don't use this sheet for creating your category structure.

Best practices are to first define ON PAPER how you want your store's categories to be organized. Remember, you cannot mix products and categories on the SAME level (this will break things). EP4 will automatically create your category structure for you using the main (full) sheet, you just have to specify the path under v_products_categories.

So, per my notes in the download, add several products through the admin FIRST, then use EP4 to export this data. This will help make things clear.

Also, be sure to install the Backup MySQL tool in the admin. You can easily make a backup (say your empty store) and then experiment with EP4 at will. Make a mistake? Just restore the database.

You may not NEED 23 custom products fields, you may be able to use something like Tabbed Products Pro which uses CSS and javascript to compartmentalize your products description information into tabs. If you MUST add a field to the products table base (say UOM, or UPC which I've done myself) be aware that you must also modify the CORE code to read this data and display it, or allow you to edit it in the admin. As mc12345678 said, there are other threads for covering things like this.

I hope this helps you get on the right path!

-chadd