Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 3607
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

renamed. Thanks for the heads-up

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FoodSourceDirect View Post
    Hi MC:

Something you said gave me a tip. I changed the beginning of the name of my csv file from FULL to Full and pre-pended the custom product field names in my csv file I created with "v_", redid the upload and it worked... Thanks
    Welcome, though the thanks should go to Chadderuski as it is has been his suggestion to export first to see how things look and respond before trying to upload. Also to back up back up, back up before making changes to the database. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Can a product be moved from one category to a newly desired category and subcategory using "FUll-EP_" import?

Example:
    Move from: Products^T-Shirts
    To: Clearance^T-Shirts

I did this by changing the v_categories_name_1 column from Products^T-Shirts to Clearance^T-Shirts. By doing this it retained the "Product Master Category" and created a linked product.

Furthermore even though it says it has created a linked product, the linked product can NOT be found in the cart. When the product model is searched in the cart, it only shows up in the master category.

The idea was to bulk move products from one category to another!
    Last edited by Kevin205; 26 Aug 2014 at 04:35 PM.
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    Can a product be moved from one category to a newly desired category and subcategory using "FUll-EP_" import?

Example:
    Move from: Products^T-Shirts
    To: Clearance^T-Shirts

I did this by changing the v_categories_name_1 column from Products^T-Shirts to Clearance^T-Shirts. By doing this it retained the "Product Master Category" and created a linked product.

Furthermore even though it says it has created a linked product, the linked product can NOT be found in the cart. When the product model is searched in the cart, it only shows up in the master category.

The idea was to bulk move products from one category to another!
    My thought on this would be to delete the product (status of 9) and then re-upload the product with the desired category. I believe that because assigning the product to more than one category that this creates (or is supposed to create) a linked product and that the statement has been made that EP4 doesn't play well with linked products that the method used will not work.

The problem with what I suggest above is that the existing product(s) will lose their original product I'd and therefore may cause some other issues.

Orriginally I thought that perhaps the category import/export would be the right way to go, but perusing the code I didn't see that it was mandatory or would do anything extra/different. :/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    My thought on this would be to delete the product (status of 9) and then re-upload the product with the desired category. I believe that because assigning the product to more than one category that this creates (or is supposed to create) a linked product and that the statement has been made that EP4 doesn't play well with linked products that the method used will not work.

The problem with what I suggest above is that the existing product(s) will lose their original product I'd and therefore may cause some other issues.

Orriginally I thought that perhaps the category import/export would be the right way to go, but perusing the code I didn't see that it was mandatory or would do anything extra/different. :/

If EP4 can't do this task, then to retain products_id; products have to be moved manually, one by one through Zen Cart's move function.

Thanks for the reply.
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

For the lack of time to browse 163 pages, I will post my issue:

I am trying to import a list of categories from a CSV file.

I have the following columns:

v_categories_name_1, v_metatags_keywords_1

I tried before with those two and including the v_categories_id column to specify my own category ID but I took it out. Even after taking it out I still got the same errors.

Every time I try to import, I get nothing but 'No model field in record. This line was not imported' errors for every row.

All I want to do is import categories with no products yet.

Can someone help me please? I have opened the CSV file in Notepad and verified it is comma-delimited (no tabs, blank spaces at end, etc).

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

I have installed ZC 1.5.3.
    Installed EP 4.0
    Added 13 custom product fields to the products table.They are all in TEXT format.
    Installed TPP 1.10
    I plan to install Image Handler 4.

I need TPP to be able to pull content / data from custom fields so that the custom data is displayed in tabs in the product information page of my store.

I read Crazy_Chris' post that was submitted in 2007 which seems to be the easiest to follow instructions so far. But. I am not sure if there have been changes in ZC since 2007, or if the TPP 1.10 Global Tabs instructions are sufficient to pull the data. Or do I need to make the changes that Crazy_Chris outlines and the TPP Global Instructions. I'm not a programmer; but, I am good at following instructions, provided they are clearly written.
    I have looked at Numinix 3.0 but most of the custom field names are different than the ones I have created and it modifies ZC 1.5.3 core files.

AJ

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jokkah View Post
    For the lack of time to browse 163 pages, I will post my issue:

I am trying to import a list of categories from a CSV file.

I have the following columns:

v_categories_name_1, v_metatags_keywords_1

I tried before with those two and including the v_categories_id column to specify my own category ID but I took it out. Even after taking it out I still got the same errors.

Every time I try to import, I get nothing but 'No model field in record. This line was not imported' errors for every row.

All I want to do is import categories with no products yet.

Can someone help me please? I have opened the CSV file in Notepad and verified it is comma-delimited (no tabs, blank spaces at end, etc).

Thank you!
    I believe it is in the first page and in the limited provided documenatation, but may I recommend that you first export the two category options, review the produced file, remove data that is not applicable for what you are going to upload, for the most part leave the fields intact at the top of the file, add the desired data, upload, and then import the file. The category file you will want to use is one without a products model field in it. The filenme can be modified upon save as so that the date/time information is different. Otherwise the filename is both case sensitive and character sensitive.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FoodSourceDirect View Post
    I have installed ZC 1.5.3.
    Installed EP 4.0
    Added 13 custom product fields to the products table.They are all in TEXT format.
    Installed TPP 1.10
    I plan to install Image Handler 4.

I need TPP to be able to pull content / data from custom fields so that the custom data is displayed in tabs in the product information page of my store.

I read Crazy_Chris' post that was submitted in 2007 which seems to be the easiest to follow instructions so far. But. I am not sure if there have been changes in ZC since 2007, or if the TPP 1.10 Global Tabs instructions are sufficient to pull the data. Or do I need to make the changes that Crazy_Chris outlines and the TPP Global Instructions. I'm not a programmer; but, I am good at following instructions, provided they are clearly written.
    I have looked at Numinix 3.0 but most of the custom field names are different than the ones I have created and it modifies ZC 1.5.3 core files.

AJ
    While this appears like a "fun" problem to attempt to correct, I'm afraid that it is not specific to EP4. As well, since you have been able to successfully use EP4 to populate this portion of your tables, I would suggest that you begin a new thread with all of the details above plus a link to the 2007 thread you are referrring to. That way you will receive assistance that is more applicable to your issue. If you like, please post a link here to the new thread so that those interested may follow up with your issue. Regarding various software and versions, it is suggested that you ensure the software you are using is applicable to the version of ZC that you have installed, so it may be necessary to use the version 3.0 if the existing version is not considered compatible with 1.5.3.

Wish you good luck though.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    If EP4 can't do this task, then to retain products_id; products have to be moved manually, one by one through Zen Cart's move function.

Thanks for the reply.
    It maybe time to incorporate a status marker to perform the same move functionality that is performed in ZC. Ideally chadderruski and I can finish our documentation of the existing program first then conquer other aspects of functionality.