Page 180 of 361 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Another question asked about this program earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by 14all41 View Post
    I've downloaded a cvs sheet and added an additional category column v_categories_name_2
    I tried uploading the test product with Easy Populate 4.0.22 - Beta 6-10-2012. but the second category is not showing up on the listing.
    I've tested it a couple different ways with no success.
    Am I configuring the column correctly?
    Besides being rather significantly old/missing additional features and still compatible with the existing software, as described several times in this forum (even as recently as the previous page), the number at the end of a field name represents the language to which that field is associated... So, if you have a second language that has a language id of 2, then upload of that information would populate that language's version of that field...

Perhaps you could 1) explain what it is you are trying to do, or 2) export your current database, perform the action you want to see happen to/for a product, then export the database again and compare the records applicable to the change(s), then duplicate those actions/changes to the data that is to be uploaded...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    As suspected,characters are included in the ones that don't work that need to be escaped while the content is still in OpenOffice or whatever spreadsheet/text editor is being used. For example:
    10" x 13"
    Should be:
    10\" x 13\"

When viewed in the editor. This way when the content is read in, the quotes aren't treated as other characters...

Now I'm not sure why the ones that do work look so odd in this forum, but they are obviously not straight characters for lack of correct terminology.
    I just uploaded and imported this in open office, I had no errors and everything indicated that it updated properly, but the description still did not update. any other ideas?

v_products_model v_products_name v_products_description_1 v_products_quantity v_products_weight v_products_price
    BBBLG229 Greenman leather w/ latch Hand tooled blank leather journal with a large Greenman on the front. Border & rear embossing may vary. Sizes vary slightly. Leather, handmade paper. 240 pages, latch closure. 6\” x 8\” 6 1.2 34.95
    BBBLGOD Goddess leather w/ latch Bound in hand-stitched, green dyed leather, this book displays two images of the Goddess, portraying her as both the nurturing mother of life and the vengeful destroyer. Contains 280 unlined pages. 5\" x 7\" 11 1.1 39.95
    BBBLGRI45 Griffins leather w/ latch Hand tooled blank leather journal with embossed Griffins. Border & rear cover embossing may vary. Sizes vary slightly. Leather, handmade paper. 220 pages, latch closure. 4 1/2\” x 5\” 15 0.55 18.95
    BBBLGRIXL Fighting Griffin leather w/ latch Leather bound, this blank book seems fit for a library of ancient codex with finely tooled scrollwork and the image of a rearing Griffin on its cover. This makes a fantastic setting for your Book of Shadows, diary, or journal. Contains 240 unlined pages. 10\" x 13\". 5 2.5 50
    BBBLHEA Hearts leather w/ latch Hand tooled lined leather journal with heavy, medieval styled embossing, may vary. Size may vary slightly. Leather, handmade paper. 240 pages, Latch closure. 5 1/2\” x 8 1/4\” 8 1.3 39.95
    BBBLOWL Owl leather w/ latch Hand tooled blank leather journal showing an Owl & Lady connected by knot work. Art by Jen Delyth. Size may vary slightly. Leather, handmade paper. 272 pages, latch closure. 5\” x 7\” 33 1.1 39.95
    BBBLP284 Pentagram leather w/ latch Hand tooled blank leather journal with embossed, interwoven pentacle & flower. Border embossing may vary. Sizes vary slightly. Leather, handmade paper. 240 pages, latch closure. 7\” x 10\” 24 2.2 49.95

Plugin Contributions

So, I was wrong about how to resolve this issue. It is clear that generally speaking the upload works as some descriptions get uploaded, but some do not. Therefore there is something "wrong" with the ones that do not upload. Fom what can be seen of the records pasted into the forum there is a difference in symbols used after numbers intended to represent dimensions.

I have asked via PM to be forwarded a copy of a file containing records that don't work and a few that do to try to resolve locally duplicating the conditions identified above. I will post my findings upon resolution. Thank you for your understanding, it seemed like the escape code would work, but again, I was wrong as it didn't.

Plugin Contributions

Another question asked about this program earlier:

Besides being rather significantly old/missing additional features and still compatible with the existing software, as described several times in this forum (even as recently as the previous page), the number at the end of a field name represents the language to which that field is associated... So, if you have a second language that has a language id of 2, then upload of that information would populate that language's version of that field...

Perhaps you could 1) explain what it is you are trying to do, or 2) export your current database, perform the action you want to see happen to/for a product, then export the database again and compare the records applicable to the change(s), then duplicate those actions/changes to the data that is to be uploaded...

Now I'll admit that I don't spend time reading this thread, but that would be because I haven't had any issues with this old version of EP. It still works great. I'm just trying something different than what I've done in the past.
    Let me add the searching the forum has not answered my question either.
    It is good to know that there have been many improvements to EP. Thank you for sharing that.
    I do plan to upgrade to EP the latest version. Perhaps you could briefly describe
    how to layout the cvs sheet columns for (EP 4) to have an item display in a sub category and then also display in the parent category (if possible).

Plugin Contributions

Now I'll admit that I don't spend time reading this thread, but that would be because I haven't had any issues with this old version of EP. It still works great. I'm just trying something different than what I've done in the past.
    Let me add the searching the forum has not answered my question either.
    It is good to know that there have been many improvements to EP. Thank you for sharing that.
    I do plan to upgrade to EP the latest version. Perhaps you could briefly describe
    how to layout the cvs sheet columns for (EP 4) to have an item display in a sub category and then also display in the parent category (if possible).
    No disagreement there that even the older version(s) work well. It's one reason I stuck with using it and doing what I could to keep it functional.

As for searching? Yeah I believe there are some things in the site left to be desired, but it works.

So, regarding the question at hand. Please correct me if I misunderstood, but it seems as if you would like to have a product listed in a category that has subcategories. If that is the case, ZC doesn't support that. Perhaps though you are asking for a product to be linked?

Explanation: categories either contain products or sub-categories, not both

Plugin Contributions

No disagreement there that even the older version(s) work well. It's one reason I stuck with using it and doing what I could to keep it functional.

As for searching? Yeah I believe there are some things in the site left to be desired, but it works.

So, regarding the question at hand. Please correct me if I misunderstood, but it seems as if you would like to have a product listed in a category that has subcategories. If that is the case, ZC doesn't support that. Perhaps though you are asking for a product to be linked?

Explanation: categories either contain products or sub-categories, not both
    Yes you understood correctly and i agree zen cart does not support that. Which I did not realize until today, never tried it before.
    Is there a way to list the product in a two different subcategories at the same time?
    IE list in, category: apple, subcategory: iphone4. Also list the product in category: apple, subcategory: all apple
    What would that look like on the cvs sheet?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to list the product in a two different subcategories at the same time?
    Yes. In the database, the extra subcategories would be reflected as additional records in the products_to_categories table.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Yes. In the database, the extra subcategories would be reflected as additional records in the products_to_categories table.
    I get 4.0 installed and try that out. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Yes you understood correctly and i agree zen cart does not support that. Which I did not realize until today, never tried it before.
    IE list in, category: apple, subcategory: iphone4. Also list the product in category: apple, subcategory: all apple
    What would that look like on the cvs sheet?
    Been a little while since I have looked at how/if linked products are supported (properly), but may need to include the mastercategories field may be necessary, but when creating a product, the categories are populated with the main/top category followed by the sub-category of that category with a single carat (^) between the two. I thought that if you added a new row with all of the same information, and thenmodified the categories structure then that product would be populated in that subcategory as well... The problem comes in if on export, both "products" are provided, and a change made to the first "product". The second occurrence of the same product will overwrite the original change with a new change when the file is uploaded with both rows still in the database.

So, in answer to the question if not mistaken, to create a linked product, export the database, change the category information for the product to be linked, import the database/or changed line, and now the product appears in two sub-categories.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
    I just uploaded and imported this in open office, I had no errors and everything indicated that it updated properly, but the description still did not update. any other ideas?

v_products_model v_products_name v_products_description_1 v_products_quantity v_products_weight v_products_price
    BBBLG229 Greenman leather w/ latch Hand tooled blank leather journal with a large Greenman on the front. Border & rear embossing may vary. Sizes vary slightly. Leather, handmade paper. 240 pages, latch closure. 6\” x 8\” 6 1.2 34.95
    BBBLGOD Goddess leather w/ latch Bound in hand-stitched, green dyed leather, this book displays two images of the Goddess, portraying her as both the nurturing mother of life and the vengeful destroyer. Contains 280 unlined pages. 5\" x 7\" 11 1.1 39.95
    BBBLGRI45 Griffins leather w/ latch Hand tooled blank leather journal with embossed Griffins. Border & rear cover embossing may vary. Sizes vary slightly. Leather, handmade paper. 220 pages, latch closure. 4 1/2\” x 5\” 15 0.55 18.95
    BBBLGRIXL Fighting Griffin leather w/ latch Leather bound, this blank book seems fit for a library of ancient codex with finely tooled scrollwork and the image of a rearing Griffin on its cover. This makes a fantastic setting for your Book of Shadows, diary, or journal. Contains 240 unlined pages. 10\" x 13\". 5 2.5 50
    BBBLHEA Hearts leather w/ latch Hand tooled lined leather journal with heavy, medieval styled embossing, may vary. Size may vary slightly. Leather, handmade paper. 240 pages, Latch closure. 5 1/2\” x 8 1/4\” 8 1.3 39.95
    BBBLOWL Owl leather w/ latch Hand tooled blank leather journal showing an Owl & Lady connected by knot work. Art by Jen Delyth. Size may vary slightly. Leather, handmade paper. 272 pages, latch closure. 5\” x 7\” 33 1.1 39.95
    BBBLP284 Pentagram leather w/ latch Hand tooled blank leather journal with embossed, interwoven pentacle & flower. Border embossing may vary. Sizes vary slightly. Leather, handmade paper. 240 pages, latch closure. 7\” x 10\” 24 2.2 49.95
    So, I was wrong about how to resolve this issue. It is clear that generally speaking the upload works as some descriptions get uploaded, but some do not. Therefore there is something "wrong" with the ones that do not upload. Fom what can be seen of the records pasted into the forum there is a difference in symbols used after numbers intended to represent dimensions.

I have asked via PM to be forwarded a copy of a file containing records that don't work and a few that do to try to resolve locally duplicating the conditions identified above. I will post my findings upon resolution. Thank you for your understanding, it seemed like the escape code would work, but again, I was wrong as it didn't.
    Ugh.. So, it should have been obvious to other users of this module, but it appears that the majority of the issues have been addressed regarding the above partial list of records. Sometimes when thinking the data is working or not, it's possible to overlook other aspects of the file. For example, the column heading for product_name looks correct; however, after further consideration, that data field is a language dependent field. In EP4, language dependent fields are to include a language identifier. Currently that identifier is a number that corresponds with the number adjacent to the language in the admin panel.

So, in this case, with v_product_name renamed to v_product_name_1, the issue was resolved... Ideally

This type of problem is avoidable by exporting a file to obtain the headers before making changes to be uploaded.