Page 351 of 361 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by diptimoy View Post
    Getting this errors after installation , kindly help

"PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot access private property queryFactory::$link
    includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php(447): ep_4_query('SHOW COLUMNS FR...')

the error shows in line 447 and 609 on the file easypopulate_4_functions.php
    Please see post #3495 which refers to: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....28#post1392328. From there please identify what issues there are with applying the sun total of two changes (one in the software the other in the admin configuration settings) to support operation in 1.5.8 and in general, respectively.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

v1.5.8
    PHP Version: 7.4.33

I am getting this error:

SQLi error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '
    categories_id = 3,
    language_id = 1' at line 1

Have latest version from github.

Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Speak394 View Post
    v1.5.8
    PHP Version: 7.4.33

I am getting this error:

SQLi error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '
    categories_id = 3,
    language_id = 1' at line 1

Have latest version from github.

Please help.
    What is the filename of the file being imported?

Plugin Contributions

Filename is Full-EP2023Apr25-201651.csv.

I am trying to download my products from a previous version of zencart 1.5.4 using Easy Populate 4.0.30 - Beta 06-27-2015, into my new zencart using Easy Populate 4.0.37.13 - 05-03-2021.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Speak394 View Post
    Filename is Full-EP2023Apr25-201651.csv.

I am trying to download my products from a previous version of zencart 1.5.4 using Easy Populate 4.0.30 - Beta 06-27-2015, into my new zencart using Easy Populate 4.0.37.13 - 05-03-2021.
    OK, here's my thought, though haven't been able to test all this out.

First, I suspect that the table definition for products_description has been altered from the Zen Cart default. It is possible that it has not been altered.
    Identifying the table's definition would likely help resolving this issue.

My guess is that there is a field included that doesn't have a default value and because the query described below doesn't also provide a value for that field, the query fails. As such, if a field does exist without a default value, the below suggestion won't resolve the issue either.

Second is that for whatever reason the query syntax used to insert some data, appears to not be acceptable in this instance. So, I would suggest in admin/easypopulate_4.php modifying lines 1141-1145 from:
    Code:
                    $sql = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " SET
                        categories_id   = :categories_id:,
                        language_id     = :language_id:,
                        categories_name = :categories_name:,
                        categories_description = :categories_description:";
    To:
    Code:
                    $sql = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " (categories_id, language_id, categories_name, categories_description) VALUES (
                        :categories_id:,
                        :language_id:,
                        :categories_name:,
                        :categories_description:)";
    Really, some more data should be collected about what issue really is experienced in the query.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 28 Apr 2023 at 07:16 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, Can EP4 create linked products? What is the best method?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by djdavedawson View Post
    Hello, Can EP4 create linked products? What is the best method?

Thanks
    Yes.

In part from the instructions:
    Also note that if you enter the same products_model twice, the latest (last) record
    entry will over-write any previous entry. The exception here is if you enter a different category; this will result in a linked
    product. This means that if two rows of data have the same v_products_model data with only a difference of the category name,
    then the product will appear in both categories and a change to the data in one entry will appear in the other category. See the
    previous sentence about effect of two products having the same products_model identifier.
    Basically, whatever is used to "uniquely" identify the product has a category different than the original or an existing category will cause a linked version to be created. Further because rows are processed sequentially, the last row of data for that "unique" product will become the primary data for the entire product wherever it is shown/stored.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

How to import or add new products via easy populate , without matching product_models? I mean I want to make the csv and it will add new products to

my store which does not have any product model

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by diptimoy View Post
    How to import or add new products via easy populate , without matching product_models? I mean I want to make the csv and it will add new products to

my store which does not have any product model
    You have options. The old school way would be to run a sql query that would generate a unique model for each product, then export that file, edit it and upload any changes. Hmm, though you asked about just adding product.

Well, generally speaking the software currently expects to have something in the field associated with the unique identifier. So if you started using a model designation with your product to be added, then if it isn't in the database it will become a new product.

A more advanced method would be to use the products_id as the unique identifier with black to allow adding product. (blank_new setting). I warn you though that incorrect use of this option could destroy your database. Test with either of these methods on a backup of your database or a store not intended to make sales.

Please also read over the last page or so of posts. There are two issues still with the default install of the software, one is only present in zencart 1.5.8 and above. I'm close to issuing an update, though still worried that I haven't tested every possible issue sufficiently. Options and capability has been expanded so much, I inky expect a problem. Anyways, there is installation assistance over the last many pages, but it just basically repeats every few.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    You have options. The old school way would be to run a sql query that would generate a unique model for each product, then export that file, edit it and upload any changes. Hmm, though you asked about just adding product.

Well, generally speaking the software currently expects to have something in the field associated with the unique identifier. So if you started using a model designation with your product to be added, then if it isn't in the database it will become a new product.

A more advanced method would be to use the products_id as the unique identifier with black to allow adding product. (blank_new setting). I warn you though that incorrect use of this option could destroy your database. Test with either of these methods on a backup of your database or a store not intended to make sales.

Please also read over the last page or so of posts. There are two issues still with the default install of the software, one is only present in zencart 1.5.8 and above. I'm close to issuing an update, though still worried that I haven't tested every possible issue sufficiently. Options and capability has been expanded so much, I inky expect a problem. Anyways, there is installation assistance over the last many pages, but it just basically repeats every few.

You mean if the CSV has a product_model column and that product_model data if not present in the database , it will add as a new product ?