Page 123 of 361 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 3604
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 - categories

I really am hopeless, I can't even find the file admin\includes\functions\extra_functions\easypopulate_4_functions.php So sorry

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cherylc View Post
    Hi. Thanks very much and believe me you can talk down to me....the simpler the better for me!! I will try what you suggest and hope this works. I don't have an EP to upload at the moment as I am still working on the next category product. I've found it easier to do all my categories as a separate file then upload individually. As the website is now live I am basically just adding more stock as we get it. So just to make clear...I make the changes you suggest on the admin console, then I download a new EP file, save it to my computer, add products then upload and import? Can I still use the basic attributes file? Also, I added our website to the 'Showcase' list but it hasn't appeared and there was no option to add a photo. Does the site need to be verified first? Many thanks for taking the time to reply. It is much appreciated!
    I'm not entirely sure on the "process" that the operators of the Zen Cart showcase go through, but it could possibly be a few days before they "authorize" the site to appear in the showcase area. The process is relatively quick in the grand scheme of things, but each individual has his/her function and some of them do particular things on particular days of the week so as not to get too back logged and to keep things moving at a good pace.

Also to be sure that we are speaking on the same page, the changes I suggested are not something that can typically be "entered on the admin console", rather it is change to the code that was added when EP4 was installed. Inserting the lines provided into that file (approximately where suggested, doesn't have to be immediately below each of the recommended lines, but seems to make sense to be adjacent to them as they relate to each other). Yes you will still be able to use your basic attributes file; however, the code changes I recommended will apply only to uploading the full file. I got to thinking that perhaps that attribute is more applicable to an item than it is to an attribute; however, I think that both must exist in order for the function to work as expected. (That is that need to have some differences in attributes in order to buy 2 red shoes and 4 blue shoes to meet a minimum purchase of 6 shoes, if you were selling shoes with a minimum purchase quantity of 6). I should have also stated, that these are merely suggestions and are made on a best effort principle. I did not test that change; however, presented it based on my past experience with modifying that portion of the code to obtain the information I wanted.

As far as having an EP file at the moment to upload, after making the code change even downloading a file, keeping one line (possibly of a deactivated product), changing the one attribute to it's alternate state, uploading that file and checking to see it's success (or hopefully not failure), could make the world of difference for you. Course should backup before doing anything that affects the database.

If not mistaken, the basic attributes file associates an attribute to a product, while the detailed attributes file specifically identifies all of the factors of the attribute that is associated with the product. You will still be able to use that method of upload/update, and in fact the changes suggested above do not affect that at all.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cherylc View Post
    I really am hopeless, I can't even find the file admin\includes\functions\extra_functions\easypopulate_4_functions.php So sorry
    Okay, so in your store (on your website), you should be able to use FTP to login to the files area. Then off of the main part of the store is an admin folder of some type, (In order for your store to be shown on a computer, the admin folder must be named something else...) That said: Don't provide it here... Don't give that folder out to the public... Under that folder will be includes, then functions, then extra_functions. If you have EP4 installed, you should have easypopulate_4_functions.php (If not yet installed, then the file is found in the downloaded zip file... But let's start from there... Found it?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Everyone...

I need some help understanding what I am doing here. I've got the Easy Populate module installed and it seems to be working. I downloaded a FullEP set and added some products and it all seemed to load just fine. My issue is that I am selling downloadable products and would like to be able to add the zip file field right to the same spreadsheet and upload it. I already have my option names and option values set up in the store as Download 1 - Zip 1 (radio button).

My question is: Can I simply add the fields for my zip file onto the same spreadsheet as all my other product info? and if so...
    What do I list the fields as and where do I add the zip file name?

Thanks so much...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by amandavz View Post
    Hi Everyone...

I need some help understanding what I am doing here. I've got the Easy Populate module installed and it seems to be working. I downloaded a FullEP set and added some products and it all seemed to load just fine. My issue is that I am selling downloadable products and would like to be able to add the zip file field right to the same spreadsheet and upload it. I already have my option names and option values set up in the store as Download 1 - Zip 1 (radio button).

My question is: Can I simply add the fields for my zip file onto the same spreadsheet as all my other product info? and if so...

Thanks so much...
    So, I must say a good question. First would say that as a result of the appropriate fields not showing up, that it may take a little more to turn around and get the desired data back into your database. Typically the field name in your spreadsheet file is the field name in the database with v_ prepended. So would have to identify what the field name(s) are that would be needed to hold the information you are looking to include. The other part of that is what table(s) hold that additional information. My thought is that some additional coding would be necessary to accomplish the task. The functions file under the full section of the set file layout would need to include the additional lookup info in the sql command, and then I think in the import area some more coding may be necessary to properly upload/import the new data to the correct table(s).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by amandavz View Post
    Hi Everyone...

Thanks so much...
    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So, I must say a good question. First would say that as a result of the appropriate fields not showing up, that it may take a little more to turn around and get the desired data back into your database. Typically the field name in your spreadsheet file is the field name in the database with v_ prepended. So would have to identify what the field name(s) are that would be needed to hold the information you are looking to include. The other part of that is what table(s) hold that additional information. My thought is that some additional coding would be necessary to accomplish the task. The functions file under the full section of the set file layout would need to include the additional lookup info in the sql command, and then I think in the import area some more coding may be necessary to properly upload/import the new data to the correct table(s).
    Basically, I might have been able to edit my last post, but doubtful within the time allowed, so thought I would answer the questions asked a little more specifically.

Yes you can eventually have the related information added to your table, but I think you will have to have additional coding to handle it. The zip file location would be a path much like the photo path. I thought I remembered seeing download attribute information though in the attribute(s) file(s). So it would take a series of download/upload to get all of the info into the database the way desired.

I haven't personally looked into that attribute of it yet, but I seem to remember seeing the additional fields addressed in the code. If that is the case (and I'll take a quick look in the near future to see if I'm right), then you would work with the appropriate attributes file after the product description/details were uploaded.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Basically, I might have been able to edit my last post, but doubtful within the time allowed, so thought I would answer the questions asked a little more specifically.

Yes you can eventually have the related information added to your table, but I think you will have to have additional coding to handle it. The zip file location would be a path much like the photo path. I thought I remembered seeing download attribute information though in the attribute(s) file(s). So it would take a series of download/upload to get all of the info into the database the way desired.

I haven't personally looked into that attribute of it yet, but I seem to remember seeing the additional fields addressed in the code. If that is the case (and I'll take a quick look in the near future to see if I'm right), then you would work with the appropriate attributes file after the product description/details were uploaded.
    Okay, so had an opportunity to look at the code from a computer. The detailed attributes file is the way that EP4 is currently setup to handle/address the attributes that you are looking for. If you download a version of that file now, you should see examples of how to format and upload additional attributes. One reason that I think this is setup this way is that you can have multiple files associated with a single product, therefore, a format like how the attributes files work is the path to go. As said previously, this would require working with two different files. The full file for all of the data associated with/specific to the item, and then an attributes file to link the download file information to the product.

Specifically, the fields: v_products_attributes_filename, v_products_attributes_maxdays, and v_products_attributes_maxcount would at least be applicable. with your zip file filename listed in the first field designator shown here.

Plugin Contributions

Okay...So I downloaded the attributes files and set it up with the following fields:

v_products_model
    v_products_options_name
    v_products_options_type
    v_products_options_values_name
    v_products_attributes_filename
    v_products_attributes_maxdays
    v_products_attributes_maxcount

I then added only 1 product to test this and imported the information. In doing so I get this error:

File Import Completed with issues.
    An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer

Do I not need to add the

v_products_options_name
    v_products_options_type
    v_products_options_values_name

To the file since they are already set up in the store? I am not sure I completely understand how this works but I do appreciate your helping me. Thanks so much. :)

Plugin Contributions

I GOT IT!!! :)

Thanks for all your help!!! :)

Okay...so I tried multiple ways to get this thing right. I ended up downloading the Basic Products Attributes and added the fields you mentioned above. I was trying to create it with JUST the fields above, I left the Basic Attributes in tact and added the fields you specified, uploaded, imported and it worked!!!

I am going to run a test purchase just to make sure I got it all correctly done...thank you so much for your help. My customer will be very happy. :)

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE:

So I ran the test purchase and everything "looks" like it is there, t shows me the attributes attached to the product, but there is no actual zip file t download at the end of the checkout.

It only takes me to a page that says: "Please notify me of updates to these products" if I go into My Account, it does not show the download button there either.

I feel that I am so close to getting this, I am just not there yet and not sure what I am missing.

If you want to take a look, the site is: http://studiorockcreek.com/shop/ and it's the product marked FREE.

Thanks. :)