Page 218 of 361 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3606
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Uploaded EP4 4.0.32 to https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPopulate-4.0, with download available from here.

One "issue" identified in trying to make it possible to import the categories/categoriesmeta files without all columns/fields included that if the description field of the applicable file is not included then a SQL error is expected at this time. I realize this is probably the field most desired to be removed if any are, but in developing that code, it looked "too easy". :) a better/appropriate process used for or similar to the products description needs to be incorporated.

Welcome testing and identification of other issues.

Change log:
    4.0.32 02-08-2016. Updated for PHP 7.0 compatibility.
    Corrected use of verifying that constant is in use and needs to be defined.
    Completed incorporation of the German Language version of EP4 which allows for
    EP4 to now be translated to other languages. Assistance always welcome!
    Converted from storing web page data via $_GET to $_POST operations. Retrieval of files
    is still by $_GET when selecting the download link(s) as well as links to generate
    new files to modify unless the dropdowns at the top of the screen are used. This
    also was a change away from using $_REQUEST to $_POST offering stricter
    control of data transport.
    Added checks in files that are "required" to validate that the file is being run from within
    ZC by verification of a constant being defined.
    Incorporated numerous notifiers to support expandability. (A BookX addon is in development by a
    third party andwill be looked at for easy incorporation to minimize the effort of it
    and other plugins being incorporated.)
    Transitioned import queries to using bindVars to minimize errors that introduced by adding to the
    code and to better handle the data being imported. This is also in support of packaging
    EP4 as a downloadable plugin on the zen cart site.
    Revised the Product Description table modification process for updates allowing any of the fields
    or a combination of any of the fields to not be included in the update file, though the
    base fields necessary would be the products_id (internally identified if not directly
    provided), and the language_id which is identified off of the languages installed to ZC.
    This also made improvements to the use of the short product description that was added
    by chadd.
    Added ep4_curly_quotes operations to several of the import fields.
    Updated the sql install to clarify the areas affected by some of the settings.
    Modified how categories were updated somewhat similar to how products/products Description
    were affected; however, it does appear that additional work is necessary with that section
    unfortunately as absence of the categories_description with the categories_name in place
    will cause a SQL error because of an extra comma before the WHERE statement. :/
    Similar process for category metatags was incorporated and has the same issue as categories and needs
    to incorporate the processing added to product description updating to prevent a SQL error
    if metatags_description is not included in the import.
    Corrected an existing issue with short description for products that did not properly account for
    a language identifier.
    Moved additional file for ZC 1.5.x into the main file path instead of being an additional file/folder
    with which to contend. Software remains functional on pre-1.5.x with appropriate action taken
    to install that version's needed file(s).
    Generated a module file to support the filelayout instead of having it within an additional function
    file as a function. This was to support adequate incorporation of notifiers without making
    the functions file a class of its own and other work arounds.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Okay, have corrected this:
    One "issue" identified in trying to make it possible to import the categories/categoriesmeta files without all columns/fields included that if the description field of the applicable file is not included then a SQL error is expected at this time. I realize this is probably the field most desired to be removed if any are, but in developing that code, it looked "too easy". :) a better/appropriate process used for or similar to the products description needs to be incorporated.
    Still welcome testing of the updates and identification of any issues.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry but i am new at this and would hope for your consideration.
    I am using ZC 1.5.4 and EP4 latest version. I am able to import and export the product_upc field but can't figure how to display it in my products/catalog page. i was successful with Group pricing.

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. To clarify, the problem that i have is when i access the tools-EP4 in Zen Cart...after a csv file is created either by import or export, i have the option to to split/import/delete or download file, if i select the latter (download) i receive a 404 error with the correct address of the file in my temp folder displayed in the browser window. However i am able to open the file with my FTP in the exact same location. Although it is indicated that "page not found", it is clearly visible and accessible through FTP in my temp folder.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by allmart View Post
    Sorry but i am new at this and would hope for your consideration.
    I am using ZC 1.5.4 and EP4 latest version. I am able to import and export the product_upc field but can't figure how to display it in my products/catalog page. i was successful with Group pricing.

Thanks,
    Good to hear that in and out is working. Does help to identify the specific version to which you are referring. (For immediate assistance and for others in the future reviewing the thread for similar "issues").

The products_upc field is something that is added to the products table by some other process... EP4 allows updating/modifying it because it recognizes that it is in the database. Because 1) that field is not something created by EP4, 2) it was added by some other process/program, and 3) that there is no issue with interfacing it using this plugin. Technically it is something to address elsewhere in the forum. (The plugin that added the field, or a new thread.) But, that's no reason to not at least provide some more info to possibly be directed elsewhere.

Am curious about which version of EP4 is in use to validate operation.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. To clarify, the problem that i have is when i access the tools-EP4 in Zen Cart...after a csv file is created either by import or export, i have the option to to split/import/delete or download file, if i select the latter (download) i receive a 404 error with the correct address of the file in my temp folder displayed in the browser window. However i am able to open the file with my FTP in the exact same location. Although it is indicated that "page not found", it is clearly visible and accessible through FTP in my temp folder.
    Ohh, that's ok (time between). That is because csv (and as necessary) txt files are not by ZC default files permitted to be accessed by the uri. The installation instructions indicate that the .htaccess file would need to be modified/created to support that.

For example, in the admin directory (if the files are stored somewhere off of the admin directory) there is an .htaccess file that contains the following line:
    [CODE][<FilesMatch "(?i).*\.(php|js|css|html?|ico|otf|jpe?g|gif|webp|png|swf|flv|xml|xsl)$">/CODE]
    In ZC 1.5.4 anyways.

This line needs to be updated to include csv and txt (or better to duplicate the .htaccess file to the new directory and have only csv and txt referenced) to allow download of those files from the browser.

So it could become:
    [CODE][<FilesMatch "(?i).*\.(php|js|css|html?|ico|otf|jpe?g|gif|webp|png|swf|flv|xml|xsl|csv|txt)$" >/CODE]
    If so changed in the admin file, then all sub-directories that "use" that file will also be permitted to access csv and txt files... It is this reason that for "security" sake, that only the applicable folder should have those permissions.

That help?

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your prompt reply and solution...Problem solved!!!

Plugin Contributions

EP4 version is 4.0.32, any direction to resolution is appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your prompt reply and solution...Problem solved!!!
    EP4 version is 4.0.32, any direction to resolution is appreciated.
    Is there anything still needed to resolve? Sequence of posts suggests no and yes, respectfully. :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help, I have yet to learn how to implement a UPC field to display in my admin product/category page and in the description of product on it's web page but that is not an EP4 issue and will search elsewhere.

Thanks again