Page 164 of 348 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 3479
  1. #1631
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    987
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jokkah View Post
    For the lack of time to browse 163 pages, I will post my issue:

    I am trying to import a list of categories from a CSV file.

    I have the following columns:

    v_categories_name_1, v_metatags_keywords_1

    I tried before with those two and including the v_categories_id column to specify my own category ID but I took it out. Even after taking it out I still got the same errors.

    Every time I try to import, I get nothing but 'No model field in record. This line was not imported' errors for every row.

    All I want to do is import categories with no products yet.

    Can someone help me please? I have opened the CSV file in Notepad and verified it is comma-delimited (no tabs, blank spaces at end, etc).

    Thank you!
    Jokkah,

    The Category import/export does is not used to create the category tree, it is only used to UPDATE the category info like if you want to add descriptions, images, etc.

    The categories are only created automatically using the FULL import sheet. You would need at least 1 product in each category, but you could trim out much of the sheet columns to make it simple.

    -chadd

  2. #1632
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    987
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    It maybe time to incorporate a status marker to perform the same move functionality that is performed in ZC. Ideally chadderruski and I can finish our documentation of the existing program first then conquer other aspects of functionality.

    To add a move feature would not be hard, but would by necessity be a new sheet design.

    In the past (and with older version of EP) the "move" was accomplished by first deleting the item with "status = 9" and then
    having the same product listed in it's new category with "status = 1"

    NOTE: WHEN YOU USE THIS TECHNIQUE, IT WILL ALSO DELETE THE PRODUCT IMAGE! So you will have to reupload them.

    Yes, this does create a new products_id in the table.

    To add a "move" she is quite possible, but we really need to get this documented and submitted before make more changes/additions.
    No ETA on that yet either, sorry.

    -chadd
    Last edited by chadderuski; 27 Aug 2014 at 09:21 PM. Reason: addition

  3. #1633
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,488
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    To add a move feature would not be hard, but would by necessity be a new sheet design.

    In the past (and with older version of EP) the "move" was accomplished by first deleting the item with "status = 9" and then
    having the same product listed in it's new category with "status = 1"

    NOTE: WHEN YOU USE THIS TECHNIQUE, IT WILL ALSO DELETE THE PRODUCT IMAGE! So you will have to reupload them.

    Yes, this does create a new products_id in the table.

    To add a "move" she is quite possible, but we really need to get this documented and submitted before make more changes/additions.
    No ETA on that yet either, sorry.

    -chadd
    Agree, significant design changes should wait for the documentation. I've started working on the SBA portion of the instructions, but just about that much of it... Started...

    Btw, thank you for clarifying the category discussion above I almost can't remember what I was doing at the timme I unsuccessfully tried to help with that one.

    Not so certain that a new sheet would be necessary, but that's for future development speak, and perhaps the community would have a weigh-in.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  4. #1634
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    607
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Just wanted to thank to Chad and MC for all they have done.
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

  5. #1635
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Santiago
    Posts
    53
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    Just wanted to thank to Chad and MC for all they have done.
    I second the motion i.e. DITTO

    AJ

  6. #1636
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    77
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Hi Guys

    I am unable to import 3 columns from the Detailed Attributes file. Once I click on the import hyperlink the page it goes to a blank page with this url in the address bar
    http://www.books.com/zencart/admin/e...led-EP2014.csv

    These are the columns that wont import ,with some data.

    v_products_attributes_filename /Books/Chapter1/HarryPottere.pdf
    v_products_attributes_maxdays 7
    v_products_attributes_maxcount 10

    I use the same format as the exports from easypopulate, Full/Basic/Detailed

    Is there an error log or something that can help me understand why its not importing

    Thanks Paul

  7. #1637
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,488
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    Hi Guys

    I am unable to import 3 columns from the Detailed Attributes file. Once I click on the import hyperlink the page it goes to a blank page with this url in the address bar
    http://www.books.com/zencart/admin/e...led-EP2014.csv

    These are the columns that wont import ,with some data.

    v_products_attributes_filename /Books/Chapter1/HarryPottere.pdf
    v_products_attributes_maxdays 7
    v_products_attributes_maxcount 10

    I use the same format as the exports from easypopulate, Full/Basic/Detailed

    Is there an error log or something that can help me understand why its not importing

    Thanks Paul
    So, EP4 does provide some error logging with the log file stored in the directory used for your import/export files; however, a blank screen error will typicallybe logged into the ZC error log file which for ZC versions <=1.5.0 is in the stores cache directory and versions >= 1.5.1 is in the logs folder.

    Btw, ion a mobile device so I was redirected when I attempted to follow that link, but hopefully that is not a true/valid path to the software. If it is, the admin folder should be renamed. (Possible to have an admin folder named admin in earlier versions of ZC and the version being used was not identified.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  8. #1638
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,488
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    Hi Guys

    I am unable to import 3 columns from the Detailed Attributes file. Once I click on the import hyperlink the page it goes to a blank page with this url in the address bar
    http://www.books.com/zencart/admin/e...led-EP2014.csv

    These are the columns that wont import ,with some data.

    v_products_attributes_filename /Books/Chapter1/HarryPottere.pdf
    v_products_attributes_maxdays 7
    v_products_attributes_maxcount 10

    I use the same format as the exports from easypopulate, Full/Basic/Detailed

    Is there an error log or something that can help me understand why its not importing

    Thanks Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So, EP4 does provide some error logging with the log file stored in the directory used for your import/export files; however, a blank screen error will typicallybe logged into the ZC error log file which for ZC versions <=1.5.0 is in the stores cache directory and versions >= 1.5.1 is in the logs folder.

    Btw, I am on a mobile device so I was redirected when I attempted to follow that link, but hopefully that is not a true/valid path to the software. If it is, the admin folder should be renamed. (Possible to have an admin folder named admin in earlier versions of ZC and the version being used was not identified.)
    Just attempted first an export from a database, no modifications made, and then an import of the same file that had a name of Attrib-Detailed-EP as a prefix. No white screen result.

    Also then went in and modified one value in those three, uploaded, and the value was shown as changed.

    Hopefully the issue with the "local" machine can be rectified.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  9. #1639
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    57
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Perhaps I am missing something, but I just added products via Easy Populate 4 and assumed that the new lines in my product descriptions would be converted to <br /> once uploaded. This was not the case. Now I have to manually go into each product to re-format all my descriptions. Is this normal behaviour?

    In Admin my settings for Smart Tags Replacement of Newlines and Advanced Smart Tags are both set to True.

  10. #1640
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    57
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by k1ra View Post
    Perhaps I am missing something, but I just added products via Easy Populate 4 and assumed that the new lines in my product descriptions would be converted to <br /> once uploaded. This was not the case. Now I have to manually go into each product to re-format all my descriptions. Is this normal behaviour?

    In Admin my settings for Smart Tags Replacement of Newlines and Advanced Smart Tags are both set to True.
    Also, when adding <br /> tags in EP4, they do not stick when uploaded. However, <br / > tags that were generated when creating products via Admin, do export into EP4.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Hebrew Support - latest release [Support Thread]
    By eranariel in forum Addon Language Packs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 23 Jan 2023, 08:04 AM
  2. BackUp ZC [Support Thread]
    By skipwater in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 285
    Last Post: 23 Dec 2020, 10:40 AM
  3. Wordpress On ZC [Support Thread]
    By hira in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 1858
    Last Post: 17 Jan 2014, 01:24 AM
  4. ZJ Black 2 support thread
    By Liamv in forum Addon Templates
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15 Feb 2010, 02:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR