Page 276 of 360 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3595
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So, the export to which I was referring was the product export with no linked product. That is where the connection of category and master_categories_id is coded. To better support what you appear to want/need, would require a little more "fiddling" with the code. Specifically the categories export it sounds like. Two places to touch: the file_layout area to include the field in the file, and then in the export section of the categories to include/set the database field to the file layout so that the number (in addition to the name(s)) would be populated.
    Ok. I was able to edit the easypopulate_4_filelayout.php and the easypopulate_4_export.php to get the categories_id to appear in the cvs and the output propagate from the query to the csv.
    I have looked through the easypopulate_4_import.php and am not sure I even need to edit the file since it already acts upon the category using the categories_name. However to be consistent I do want to leave the categories_id in the csv to be imported. Will that cause any problem?

Tony

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreynolds View Post
    Ok. I was able to edit the easypopulate_4_filelayout.php and the easypopulate_4_export.php to get the categories_id to appear in the cvs and the output propagate from the query to the csv.
    I have looked through the easypopulate_4_import.php and am not sure I even need to edit the file since it already acts upon the category using the categories_name. However to be consistent I do want to leave the categories_id in the csv to be imported. Will that cause any problem?

Tony
    First "rule" of trying EP4: test. :)

But, that said, the only thing is if you or whomever is using the software thinks that the categories_id actually identifies to EP4 that it should act on it will it be a problem.

The software, as you have said/seen only acts on the fields/columns that are "anticipated" or needed to update what is programmed. So, I would say you should expect no problem from the software with it, but it may not match up with what one would expect by seeing the number and the name.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread - Metatag support

My apologies if this is a duplicate but I can no longer import metatags into my website.

ZC version 1.5.1
    EP version 4.0.24

So the process is.... I download my csv file from EP 4, update the metatag fields using Open Office Calc, and then import the updated file into EP 4. There are no errors on the screen and it appears that the fields have been modified correctly but when I go into the individual items, the metatag fields are blank.

And this is where I go blank. I honestly can't remember if I have succesfully modified the metatag fields with EP 4 or if this was done when I was using EP CSV. My database has 5300 items and all but 600 have been updated with metatags.

My gut feeling is there is an incompatibility between these two versions but I'm not a programmer so it's difficult to trouble shoot. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrcastle View Post
    My apologies if this is a duplicate but I can no longer import metatags into my website.

ZC version 1.5.1
    EP version 4.0.24

So the process is.... I download my csv file from EP 4, update the metatag fields using Open Office Calc, and then import the updated file into EP 4. There are no errors on the screen and it appears that the fields have been modified correctly but when I go into the individual items, the metatag fields are blank.

And this is where I go blank. I honestly can't remember if I have succesfully modified the metatag fields with EP 4 or if this was done when I was using EP CSV. My database has 5300 items and all but 600 have been updated with metatags.

My gut feeling is there is an incompatibility between these two versions but I'm not a programmer so it's difficult to trouble shoot. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    Even though you're using a very old version of EP4, some of the basics should still apply. 1. Verify that in your configuration for EP4 that meta tags are being handled.
    2. Be sure that the file you are downloading to modify was in fact generated by EP4 (described process doesn't specifically indicate what program created the csv), then after uploading (which isn't described), then import the uploaded file. Now. With that many records, you may need to split the file before importing so that the code doesn't timeout from trying to process too many records at one time.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the input MC. I was tinkering around and realized that row Z (v_metatags_title_status) was set at zero. I changed it to 1 and all of 3 of the metatags (title1, keywords1 & description1) uploaded and now display properly. I'm not exactly sure why that fixed the problem but I'm happy I didn't have to spend a ton of time on this! Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrcastle View Post
    thanks for the input MC. I was tinkering around and realized that row Z (v_metatags_title_status) was set at zero. I changed it to 1 and all of 3 of the metatags (title1, keywords1 & description1) uploaded and now display properly. I'm not exactly sure why that fixed the problem but I'm happy I didn't have to spend a ton of time on this! Thanks again.
    Even though much of the data can be transferred from file to database relatively easily, there are some things that were done because they make sense. For example why upload data about a product that isn't going to use the data? There are other ways and places to stash away data if so desired.

Glad you were able to figure it out though, the next suggestion would have been to export the data, manually adjust one item in that list, the export again and see what is different.

Plugin Contributions

We're having trouble updating metatags for products. I'm unclear about the file naming convention required. I tried CategoryMeta- but get "SKIPPED! - Category ID: - Not Found!"

Using "Full-EP" results in the file importing but the metatags do not update.

This is on ZC 1.5.4 and EP 4.0.28.

Any help is appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeking View Post
    We're having trouble updating metatags for products. I'm unclear about the file naming convention required. I tried CategoryMeta- but get "SKIPPED! - Category ID: - Not Found!"

Using "Full-EP" results in the file importing but the metatags do not update.

This is on ZC 1.5.4 and EP 4.0.28.

Any help is appreciated.
    Apologies for the delay, had to get into a position to review code from 4.0.28...

If updating product metatags, then the following must be established:
    In the configuration for EP4, need to have enabled Product Meta Data.
    Then, the import file needs to be one that would be processed as a full product file which is basically any filename that has the extension .csv that doesn't meet one of the "special" or unique other filters.
    The field v_metatags_title_X must have data.
    The value of X in the above v_metatags_title_X field corresponds to the language number (id) that is to be populated. Such number to language is shown on the EP4 screen on the right side and that number must exist in the store.
    Then of course there is the ZC side of metatag information.

Beyond that, the table meta_tags_products_description is involved and if there are issues with it then it could be associated, but my guess is the metatags_title part. The latest copy still has that as an expected value to be included in the import file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Apologies for the delay, had to get into a position to review code from 4.0.28...

If updating product metatags, then the following must be established:
    In the configuration for EP4, need to have enabled Product Meta Data.
    Then, the import file needs to be one that would be processed as a full product file which is basically any filename that has the extension .csv that doesn't meet one of the "special" or unique other filters.
    The field v_metatags_title_X must have data.
    The value of X in the above v_metatags_title_X field corresponds to the language number (id) that is to be populated. Such number to language is shown on the EP4 screen on the right side and that number must exist in the store.
    Then of course there is the ZC side of metatag information.

Beyond that, the table meta_tags_products_description is involved and if there are issues with it then it could be associated, but my guess is the metatags_title part. The latest copy still has that as an expected value to be included in the import file.
    No apology needed!

With your answer I was able to determine the store owner removed several columns from the csv, specifically:
    v_metatags_products_name_status v_metatags_title_status v_metatags_model_status v_metatags_price_status v_metatags_title_tagline_status
    With those in the file, all is good now!

Thanks for the help.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to remove one of two categories selected for several items using EP4 All of the items were originally placed in the category "miscellaneous" but since then I have created more specific categories like "Bach" "Bartok" "Beethoven" etc. When you do a search on "miscellaneous" all of the "Bach" "Bartok" "Beethoven" items are still listed. So I want to remove them all from the "miscellaneous' category and just have them in their own unique category. I think using EP4 may save me several hours of doing this one by one. Please note: all of those items are using "miscellaneous" as the master category, so I would need to somehow change master category first. Thx
    Last edited by mrcastle; 13 May 2017 at 05:39 PM.