Page 284 of 361 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3606
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The location shown in the first post of this thread has generally been kept up with the official current release. However, that said, there is the version that was released to/through ZC available for download here. Updates, new features, etc. Are worked on/distributed through github here. The thing about that version is that the software version tends not to be updated until near submission to ZC so database changes made in it may not appear to need installing until later.

Further, that said, some new features and modifications are being incorporated as they are identified as successful for operation. There are a few branches each with some different features to be verified and incorporated. Perhaps the most innovative is the identification of the csv delimiter and the potential use of the discovery. It is still limited to a base set of delimiters, but at least easier to work with other than the base CSV (Comma Separated Values).

Anyways, hope that helps.
    Thanks for that info!

Plugin Contributions

Glad you like it and yes the search will reveal the links provided as well as some other related software. The links (or reference to the first post) are all related to the same software.

After my last posting, I confirmed that the location identified in the first post is the same version as distributed by ZC download.

Because of the observed popularity of the plugin and the reference provided in the first post, I had spoken with chadder about how to proceed with revisions. We decided to leave the known location identified as it was, to keep it up-to-date and to independently generate modifications to not disrupt either of those two.
    Thank you both. I guess I'm not entirely sure which link to use. I will go with ep4 and look for that link in google. I just need to be able to export products from one cart and import them into another. Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cindygordon View Post
    Thank you both. I guess I'm not entirely sure which link to use. I will go with ep4 and look for that link in google. I just need to be able to export products from one cart and import them into another. Thanks again!
    It says "beta" but I'll give it a go!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cindygordon View Post
    Couple things about this. Currently language specifiers are by an internal language_id instead or something "more useful" like a language code. So if the source database has previously had a language installed and then removed but the destination has only had the one language then they may have different field identifiers. I'm working on modifying that capability to import using either method with preference of one of them.

The other thing of "concern" is what makes the product unique between the two stores and what issues might pop up by merging the two databases instead of uniquely populating the "new" database.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for a great plugin, I've been using it for years. Recently, I've started merging my shops together and have downloaded a complete csv from "Shop S" to upload to the new "Shop B". I was getting the model number error, which I resolved by simply putting in numbers (I didn't use model numbers in Shop S but DO in the new Shop B). However, now when I import the csv file it imports nothing and there are no errors. I've been searching for an answer but have not found one.

I am using ZC 1.5.5e for Shop B (clean install of both) and 1.5.5a for Shop S (EP update from 4.0.35).
    Both shops use Easy Populate 4.0.36.ZC - 07-05-2016 and run PHP Version 5.6.31.

What other information can I provide that would help you to help me? Thanks so much.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by townsend2009 View Post
    Thanks for a great plugin, I've been using it for years. Recently, I've started merging my shops together and have downloaded a complete csv from "Shop S" to upload to the new "Shop B". I was getting the model number error, which I resolved by simply putting in numbers (I didn't use model numbers in Shop S but DO in the new Shop B). However, now when I import the csv file it imports nothing and there are no errors. I've been searching for an answer but have not found one.

I am using ZC 1.5.5e for Shop B (clean install of both) and 1.5.5a for Shop S (EP update from 4.0.35).
    Both shops use Easy Populate 4.0.36.ZC - 07-05-2016 and run PHP Version 5.6.31.

What other information can I provide that would help you to help me? Thanks so much.
    If you export a product/category (of products) from Shop B, how do the headings differ from Shop S? Ie. Wondering if the language identifier _X is a factor.

Based on the description of the issue it sounds as if the primary key remains the model # (would otherwise use blank_new to create new product in the new database).

Are you also sure that the chosen model number doesn't already exist and instead of adding product that product is being updated? After import, there should be some level of information provided at the bottom of the screen or else the debug.txt file should contain something.

Plugin Contributions

Hey All!

Just a few quick question:

1. With the .htaccess file to edit for "(csv|CSV|txt|TXT)". Admin or elsewhere?

2. I have the admin .htaccess ready to edit, but unsure which portion of that file contents to add my my existing .htacess file.

3. With Custom Product Fields; the MSRP is in green text - how would I obtain any others if needed?

EG: Custom Products Fields
    Product Short Descriptions: FALSE
    Product Unit of Measure: FALSE
    Product UPC Code: FALSE
    Google Product Category: FALSE
    Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: TRUE
    Manufacturer's Advertised Price: FALSE
    Group Pricing Per Item: FALSE
    Exclusive Products Mod: FALSE
    Stock By Attributes Mod: FALSE
    CEON URI Rewriter Mod: FALSE
    Dual Pricing Mod: FALSE

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Anthony Ennis
    www.novainkjet.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyEnnis View Post
    Hey All!

Just a few quick question:

1. With the .htaccess file to edit for "(csv|CSV|txt|TXT)". Admin or elsewhere?

2. I have the admin .htaccess ready to edit, but unsure which portion of that file contents to add my my existing .htacess file.

3. With Custom Product Fields; the MSRP is in green text - how would I obtain any others if needed?

EG: Custom Products Fields
    Product Short Descriptions: FALSE
    Product Unit of Measure: FALSE
    Product UPC Code: FALSE
    Google Product Category: FALSE
    Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: TRUE
    Manufacturer's Advertised Price: FALSE
    Group Pricing Per Item: FALSE
    Exclusive Products Mod: FALSE
    Stock By Attributes Mod: FALSE
    CEON URI Rewriter Mod: FALSE
    Dual Pricing Mod: FALSE

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    1. File for csv/txt as provided in the download is only needed to "override" an htaccess file in a folder above that does not already allow csv/txt file downloads. Basically, if you are going to store your import/export files in a sub-directory of the admin, then the file needs to be in that sub-directory.

2.unless you are putting your files directly in the admin directory (instead of as suggested above to put them in a sub-directory), there is no reason to alter the admin/.htaccess file. In fact if the files are stored on the catalog side in a sub-directory, there wouldn't be a need for an htaccess there either for a vanilla install, although would still suggest having one for security purposes. Basically, the point is, there is no reason to open all sub-directories of the admin folder to support csv/txt files when they are only to be in a specific location.

3. The fields in green have specifically been included by previous knowledge/experience. They turn green when the expected "rule" is found. To add additional products table fields, go to the configuration window for EP4 and edit the custom field data entry section. As described in the instructions provide the database field name(s) separated by a comma.

Plugin Contributions

1. File for csv/txt as provided in the download is only needed to "override" an htaccess file in a folder above that does not already allow csv/txt file downloads. Basically, if you are going to store your import/export files in a sub-directory of the admin, then the file needs to be in that sub-directory.

2.unless you are putting your files directly in the admin directory (instead of as suggested above to put them in a sub-directory), there is no reason to alter the admin/.htaccess file. In fact if the files are stored on the catalog side in a sub-directory, there wouldn't be a need for an htaccess there either for a vanilla install, although would still suggest having one for security purposes. Basically, the point is, there is no reason to open all sub-directories of the admin folder to support csv/txt files when they are only to be in a specific location.

3. The fields in green have specifically been included by previous knowledge/experience. They turn green when the expected "rule" is found. To add additional products table fields, go to the configuration window for EP4 and edit the custom field data entry section. As described in the instructions provide the database field name(s) separated by a comma.
    Sorry, I don't follow #1 & 2.

I believe the files are in the catalog, I have replaced the htaccess file in the catalog and replaced it with the one from the installation file. This caused my admin issues.

I'm also not sure what you mean by 'above folder'.

Thanks for replying, I truly appreciate it.
    Anthony Ennis
    www.novainkjet.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyEnnis View Post
    Sorry, I don't follow #1 & 2.

I believe the files are in the catalog, I have replaced the htaccess file in the catalog and replaced it with the one from the installation file. This caused my admin issues.

I'm also not sure what you mean by 'above folder'.

Thanks for replying, I truly appreciate it.
    Ok. So let's back up and start over.

EP4 has been installed.
    Where is the directory to which uploaded files and exported data is stored? Is it in the admin or off of the catalog? (there is setting in the configuration that identifies using the admin side or not. Then a separate field to be populated with the path to the storage location.)

The htaccess file that was provided in the download was for the sub-directory to be used that is/was in the admin directory.

If this path is to the import/export storage location: /my/srvr/public_html/my_folder

Then the folder above would be:
    /my/srvr/public_html

ZC does not provide an htaccess file for the catalog side specifically. (sub-folders such as images, extras, etc... yes but not the catalog folder). So are you saying that all of the csv files are being exported/improted from the root of your store and not in a separate potentially protected sub-folder?