Page 102 of 362 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3612
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    Try right-clicking the link and selecting "save target/link as". You may also try to change the permissions on your temp folder.

This can really depend on how php is run on your server (DSO, suPHP, FCGI, etc.) ... perhaps someone else has a better answer. IF all else fails, you should be able to pull them down with FTP even though that's really inconvenient.

-chadd
    Hi Chadd,

I tried the right-click method and get the same result. My temp dir permissions are already set to 777 and owner-group is correct. I thought the issue may be the fact that the created files are owner-group "apache : apache" instead of "myowner : psacln", which all of the other files in my zen cart and EP4 installation are. However, changing all the owner-groups doesn't fix the problem.

Anybody else had this issue?

(ps is there any way of turning off these smileys so that a : followed by a p isn't turned into an icon?)

Plugin Contributions

Easy Populate 4 Documentation

Is there a definitive set of docs for this version of the addon?

The wiki page (http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Easy_Populate) does not apply to version 4, and as far as I can see, there is no equivalent documentation for version 4.

There are some docs in Github, and 102 pages of posts here in the forum, as well as older info in the wiki, but it would make life a lot easier if there was an actual set of up-to-date docs somewhere for getting started, testing and then easy reference.

I would really like to see a nice clean table listing the columns and showing, at least, for each:
    • Column heading
    • Data type (string, int, float etc)
    • Required/optional
    • Unique (Y/N)
    • Notes (covering all the ways of using that column, restrictions etc)

Cheers,

gavin

Plugin Contributions

OK, csv file download problem solved.

There is an .htaccess file in the admin directory (or whatever you have named yours).

In there, by default, only certain file types are allowed in direct HTTP requests:
    Code:
    # but now allow just *certain* necessary files:
    <FilesMatch "(^$|^favicon.ico$|.*\.(php|js|css|jpg|gif|png)$)">
      Order Allow,Deny
      Allow from all
    </FilesMatch>
    You just need to add "csv" in there too:
    Code:
    <FilesMatch "(^$|^favicon.ico$|.*\.(php|js|css|jpg|gif|png|csv)$)">
      Order Allow,Deny
      Allow from all
    </FilesMatch>
    I don't know if there is an instruction anywhere in the EP4 docs to alter this, or if this update should be part of the install process?...

Always a simple answer. Always a bugger finding it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by k9dug View Post
    OK, csv file download problem solved.

There is an .htaccess file in the admin directory (or whatever you have named yours).

In there, by default, only certain file types are allowed in direct HTTP requests:
    Code:
    <FilesMatch "(^$|^favicon.ico$|.*\.(php|js|css|jpg|gif|png)$)">
      Order Allow,Deny
      Allow from all
    </FilesMatch>
    You just need to add "csv" in there too:
    Code:
    <FilesMatch "(^$|^favicon.ico$|.*\.(php|js|css|jpg|gif|png|csv)$)">
      Order Allow,Deny
      Allow from all
    </FilesMatch>
    I don't know if there is an instruction anywhere in the EP4 docs to alter this, or if this update should be part of the install process?...

Always a simple answer. Always a bugger finding it.
    Hey K9!

Good catch! The other time I've seen this occur is when your config.php file has some extra slashes in the path directives. This sometimes happens with auto installer in cpanel.

I'll be sure to add your discover to the doc **when** I can get around to finishing them.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone help with this please?

My install of Easy Populate is working fine, but is missing from the 'configuration' menu.

I downloaded what looks to be the latest version from http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=868

I've tried to upload the SQL patch to no avail.

MySQL v5.0.9
    Zen Cart v1.5.1
    EP v1.2.5.7c

Plugin Contributions

Hey K9!

Good catch! The other time I've seen this occur is when your config.php file has some extra slashes in the path directives. This sometimes happens with auto installer in cpanel.

I'll be sure to add your discover to the doc **when** I can get around to finishing them.

-chadd
    Cheers Chadd.

Now, I am on my way to using this software, I just don't have a manual. I don't want to start throwing switches to see what happens and I don't want to sift through a million forum posts. Can you tell me where to read basic instructions on how to insert and update product attributes?

(In particular, the fields:
    products_attributes.options_values_price
    products_options.products_options_name
    products_options_values.products_options_values_name).

Thanks,

Gav

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by double-happiness View Post
    Can anyone help with this please?

My install of Easy Populate is working fine, but is missing from the 'configuration' menu.

I downloaded what looks to be the latest version from http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=868

I've tried to upload the SQL patch to no avail.

MySQL v5.0.9
    Zen Cart v1.5.1
    EP v1.2.5.7c
    You are not using my EasyPopulate 4. This thread is only for EP4 .... you can download EP4 from the link on the first page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by k9dug View Post
    Cheers Chadd.

Now, I am on my way to using this software, I just don't have a manual. I don't want to start throwing switches to see what happens and I don't want to sift through a million forum posts. Can you tell me where to read basic instructions on how to insert and update product attributes?

(In particular, the fields:
    products_attributes.options_values_price
    products_options.products_options_name
    products_options_values.products_options_values_name).

Thanks,

Gav
    There are basic instruction on how to import attributes in the README.txt file that was included in the zip you downloaded from github.

Be sure to use Dr. Bytes MySQL Backup Tool... this way you can experiment without and roll back should something go awry.

Also, it is really recommended that you create a mirror of your live install for experimentation and testing. I always create LIVE, MIRROR and TESTING sites. This does take more time and effort initially, but it can really save your behind.

I also use the AutoMySQLBackup VER 2.5.1 to do daily MySQL backups. The script is quite good, and will rotate your old backups according to the schedule you want (daily, weekly, monthly).

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

You are not using my EasyPopulate 4. This thread is only for EP4 .... you can download EP4 from the link on the first page.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm unsure if I should upgrade or not. I'm a bit puzzled as the documentation says "NO streaming upload or download" but at the same time "To download your exported file, you will need to "right-click, save-as". Download is a must-have feature for me as I need the flle with all product URLs for Google Shopping products feed.

Plugin Contributions

Update to my last post...

So I've upgraded to EP4 now. I am getting seriously confused though. When I go to 'Tools' > 'Easy Populate 4', I don't see any option to download my inventory with all the product URLs. Any file I can download via EP4 doesn't have them, I can only get the product URLs via the older version of EP.

I am also now getting huge files down with 7-8,000 items when there only should be 5,300 items in my store. I don't understand why the system is not purging all my existing inventory and replacing it with the 5300 items in my upload?

I've tried to add custom fields including weight and barcode to my product database but that doesn't seem to have worked at all. They all just show as 'FALSE' in the EP4 window. I see there is a field for 'Product UPC Code' under 'Custom Products Fields' but that has 'FALSE' next to it and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with that.

I am getting really muddled now and I seem to be compounding my problems by adding in extra unknowns and issues. All I want to do is upload my inventory with the weights and barcodes specified for each item, and then download it with the product URLs appended.