Page 111 of 361 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 3604
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by firstcapitalfirearms View Post
    I have multiple wholesalers and would eventually like to add all of them to my site. The problem is that some wholesalers may carry the same product but they may call it a a different model number. Is there an Easy Populate Header (ex. v_products_model) that I can use that would have 1 model set up for all wholesalers. Example 1 wholesaler has a Savage Model Number of 19220 and another has it listed as a straight 19220. Is it possible that I can upload both and it will add up available inventory of both wholesalers.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
    Mark
    So to understand, you have a single source of inventory, two or more stores drawing from that inventory, each store may call the item a different name (by model?), and you want to upload the quantities of each stores inventory, but have them considered as a single item in your central supply and without either of the stores needing a modification of their model numbers or using a different field to present the model number that they call items?

If that is the case I would say that this plugin as written would not work for you; however, I'm sure it could be modified to suit your needs.

I was originally thinking that a separate field could be used to hold the base model number and that it alone could be used to perform all database functions of EP4; however, that philosophy would also result in a problem when uploading if the unique product # assigned by each store and other information that is different between the two stores is uploaded. So the next thought is, if you're store is functioning as described above, there must be either another table or another field that links the uniquely described items to you're core stock. In that regards, you would need to have a new option developed that would interface with your core stock table and (again as I have tried to restate above the conditions I am considering) update your core stock or you would need to update your core stock after uploading the individual stocks based on the stock available in each store. That last would depend on how you operate/need, and I would suggest that any code development would support both options with a user identified selection option.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    Is there a way to make this work with Cross Sell?

I'm using Cross Sell Plus Advanced Sell Combo
    Could you possibly identify what about using this plugin you would like to see functioning with Cross Sell Plus Advanced Sell Combo?

As is, if that plugin is installed, EP4 will still function, so guessing that there is something about that plugin would like to be able to use EP4 to interface with.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Been pondering this for a few days. Curious, what happens if you were to add more text before the first ##? I hadn't found anything that considered ## to be an escape sequence. If it still imports only to that point then probably would want to change the ## to something else either before import or in the process of importing. I seem to recall that recently some discussion was had about how/where to code for replacement of characters. Also, be sure to review the csv that is used to import and verify that the text is not cut off in there when saving your csv. If the first suggested test results in being cutoff then there is a variable associated with that field that limits the length of text, if it is not cutoff then there is something that considers ## as an end of the text.
    I searched back and found that http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...69#post1211569 was where a zenner recently identified a place where upon import incoming data could be filtered/scanned/swapped. It may not specifically address your interest/desire, but is a place to start.

Plugin Contributions

hello chadd,

your plugin works fine, is it possible to add "v_products_name" to export file "Model/Price/Qty"?

Output "Model/Price/Qty" like this example:

v_products_model,v_products_name,v_status,v_specials_price,v_specials_date_avail ,v_specials_expires_date,v_products_price,v_products_quantity

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by any_way View Post
    hello chadd,

your plugin works fine, is it possible to add "v_products_name" to export file "Model/Price/Qty"?

Output "Model/Price/Qty" like this example:

v_products_model,v_products_name,v_status,v_specials_price,v_specials_date_avail ,v_specials_expires_date,v_products_price,v_products_quantity
    Not chadd answering; however, if you're familiar with php/code editing, if as you look from the main file to the export file and follow the path to the export of the file type you are asking about and then add the applicable statements for the variable you are interested in (I think two places would need pdating) then you could add that on your own version of the plug-in. The two places I can think of are the applicable $variable[] = statement and in the SQL to pull that information from the table(s) in question. $variable is used as an example because m not in front of the code to tell you what name should be substiituted for the word variable and haven't played with the code in a few weeks.

Plugin Contributions

Been pondering this for a few days. Curious, what happens if you were to add more text before the first ##? I hadn't found anything that considered ## to be an escape sequence. If it still imports only to that point then probably would want to change the ## to something else either before import or in the process of importing. I seem to recall that recently some discussion was had about how/where to code for replacement of characters. Also, be sure to review the csv that is used to import and verify that the text is not cut off in there when saving your csv. If the first suggested test results in being cutoff then there is a variable associated with that field that limits the length of text, if it is not cutoff then there is something that considers ## as an end of the text.
    Just making a comment on this just in case someone is looking to manipulate the characters on there own. On the easypopulate_import.php file around lines 550-560 you can modify the content in there to manipulate characters and anything else from the items description that you want. The code below that I've added to those lines creates it to where it replaces most characters, including white space and Microsoft Characters which were my problem:

Code:
       if (isset($filelayout['v_products_description_'.$l_id ])) { // do for each language in our upload file if exist
    				// utf-8 conversion of smart-quotes, em-dash, en-dash, and ellipsis
    				$v_products_description[$l_id] = ep_4_curly_quotes($items[$filelayout['v_products_description_'.$l_id]]);
    				if ($ep_supported_mods['psd'] == true) { // if short descriptions exist
    					$v_products_short_desc[$l_id] = ep_4_curly_quotes($items[$filelayout['v_products_short_desc_'.$l_id]]);
    				}

// utf-8 conversion on funky characters ------------ [ADDED 8/23 jmadrigal] ----------------------------
                                    $v_products_description[$l_id] = str_replace("’", "'", $v_products_description[$l_id]);
                                    $v_products_description[$l_id] = str_replace("’", "'", $v_products_description[$l_id]);
                                    $v_products_description[$l_id] = htmlentities(trim($v_products_description[$l_id]), ENT_QUOTES);

}
    For the Microsoft Character problem I modified the ep_4_curly function in easypopulaet_4_functions.php. Code Is below:

Code:
    // jamadri - Fixes Microsoft Characters Issue
       $clean_text = str_replace(
       array(chr(145), chr(146), chr(147), chr(148), chr(150), chr(151), chr(133)),
       array("'", "'", '"', '"', '-', '--', '...'),
       $clean_text);

Plugin Contributions

Not chadd answering; however, if you're familiar with php/code editing, if as you look from the main file to the export file and follow the path to the export of the file type you are asking about and then add the applicable statements for the variable you are interested in (I think two places would need pdating) then you could add that on your own version of the plug-in. The two places I can think of are the applicable $variable[] = statement and in the SQL to pull that information from the table(s) in question. $variable is used as an example because m not in front of the code to tell you what name should be substiituted for the word variable and haven't played with the code in a few weeks.
    hello mc12345678,

thank's for your answer.

php editing is my problem, i understand a little bit of them, but not enough.

I think the structure of the export file is better and clearly arranged with the products_name. It's possible that many other users of this plugin think the same.

The export file is smaller and for quick updates clearly represented, products_model and products_name allow better assignment.

You can play with the code several weeks, no problem it's not hurry. a solution for this small problem would be nice.

Plugin Contributions

hello mc12345678,

thank's for your answer.

php editing is my problem, i understand a little bit of them, but not enough.

I think the structure of the export file is better and clearly arranged with the products_name. It's possible that many other users of this plugin think the same.

The export file is smaller and for quick updates clearly represented, products_model and products_name allow better assignment.

You can play with the code several weeks, no problem it's not hurry. a solution for this small problem would be nice.
    So to be sure to understand only looking for the export file to have the additional field so that when updating other fields it is better "readable" to update. There is no intention of making changes that will be updating when uploaded correct?

If the code/code change is posted here, will you be able to incorporate it into your files or do you need some other method of providing the information/update?

Plugin Contributions

So to be sure to understand only looking for the export file to have the additional field so that when updating other fields it is better "readable" to update. There is no intention of making changes that will be updating when uploaded correct?

If the code/code change is posted here, will you be able to incorporate it into your files or do you need some other method of providing the information/update?
    excuse my english, it is not my native language, difficult to find the right words as in native language.

I think you understand the problem, it is better "readable".

If you post the code, i can build it in my php files.

Thanks for the effort.

Plugin Contributions

excuse my english, it is not my native language, difficult to find the right words as in native language.

I think you understand the problem, it is better "readable".

If you post the code, i can build it in my php files.

Thanks for the effort.
    That is no problem. I apologize to you and those for which English is not their first language. I should remember to write in clearer english words.

That said, I think that we have communicated well enough. I think I could have something later today for you. I have some other things I am working on today.