Page 12 of 361 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AlainT View Post
    I'm using Zen-Cart 1.3.9.h I'm new to Zen-Cart and particularly the easy-populate mod. I'm trying to figure out how to use it but can't find any tutorials on it. It appears easy to use, and from the feedback I see, it seems great, so I don't understand what I'm not doing right.
    In the "Full export Option", I've generated the "Complete product" csv file. I've uploaded the file to my computer, added products and using the Uload EP file, I've uploaded the new file. I didn't change anything in the file name format. I've clicked the IMPORT option in the dialogue box, but the new products don't appear in my store. Can you add products with this or just update products?

Sorry if I sound novice, but if there are tutorial threads of something that can help me use this module, I'd appreciate.

Thanks,
    Al
    Hi Al,

Welcome to zencart and EP4!

Are you getting any information at the bottom of the screen? EP4 will give you a summary of imports, updates, and errors. If you are not getting this, then you are probably not creating your CSV file correctly.

You need to use OpenOffice to export your CSV... please try that. I give some step by step instruction earlier in this thread.

Also, if you have data already in your store, you can verify that EP4 is working correctly by first doing a full export, then clicking the Import link. You should see all your products show as "updated". If you see this, then EP should be installed and working correctly.

If you still have trouble, you can PM me your data file and I'll take a look to see what could be the problem.

Also, which version are you using?

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I'm using Easy Populate 4.0.19 - Beta 1-28-2012 on zen-cart v1.3.9h.

I hope you dont mind but I'd like your advice on whether the following would work to load attributes onto my shop which has duplicate (& blank) model numbers.

I'm hoping to use the features of a few programs to achieve my aims ;-)

My shop uses product id and currently i have easy populate advanced, apsona shop admin, and EP4 installled.

Just to explain the situation as i understand it.
    1. EP4 doesn't support using product id
    2. Easy Populate Advanced doesnt really support attribute upload (or at least its very difficult) but does support bulk upload of duplicate model numbers.
    3. Apsona shop admin needs attributes to already exist but then can be used to assign them to other products.

Am i correct in thinking that i can create attributes using EP4?

If that is correct do i need to use EP4 to associate them with a product model? or can i just use it to fill the necessary tables in zen-cart?

I was thinking of creating a product "Attributes" and then assigning all the attributes to it. (and deleting it when finished)

What i am hoping to do is use EP4 to load all the attributes and then use Apsona to copy these attributes to the proper products.

Does this look like it would work? Any comments or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by iddy; 13 Feb 2012 at 10:20 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by iddy View Post
    Hi, I'm using Easy Populate 4.0.19 - Beta 1-28-2012 on zen-cart v1.3.9h.

I hope you dont mind but I'd like your advice on whether the following would work to load attributes onto my shop which has duplicate (& blank) model numbers.

I'm hoping to use the features of a few programs to achieve my aims ;-)

My shop uses product id and currently i have easy populate advanced, apsona shop admin, and EP4 installled.

Just to explain the situation as i understand it.
    1. EP4 doesn't support using product id
    2. Easy Populate Advanced doesnt really support attribute upload (or at least its very difficult) but does support bulk upload of duplicate model numbers.
    3. Apsona shop admin needs attributes to already exist but then can be used to assign them to other products.

Am i correct in thinking that i can create attributes using EP4?

If that is correct do i need to use EP4 to associate them with a product model? or can i just use it to fill the necessary tables in zen-cart?

I was thinking of creating a product "Attributes" and then assigning all the attributes to it. (and deleting it when finished)

What i am hoping to do is use EP4 to load all the attributes and then use Apsona to copy these attributes to the proper products.

Does this look like it would work? Any comments or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hi iddy!

I think you are on the right track. You would need at least 1 product to assign your basic attributes to, but you can delete the product(s) afterwards. Mind, this version of EP4 will only create basic attributes, and if you have a multiple languages, all language entries will be the same as your lowest defined language (usually 1 for english). If you look at the sample files, it should be very straight forward.

LOL > Apsona. Yes. I totally understand why they took this route. It's a freaking complicated mess! Zencart NEEDS a definable unique attribute id like using products_model as unique ... if they did that, you could have multiple unrelated attribute sets with the same attribute name, i.e. "Colors" and logically creating attributes at import would be easy ... but that's not so, so with EP4 you only get attribute name (like products_model have to be unique) but can have a large set of attribute values.

Not the best solution, but the only way to create them at upload intelligently without some major modification to core files.

Time permitting (I'm currently BURIED in work), I'm hoping to get a new update with some progress with attributes. I was about half way there when the (*&! hit the fan. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks.

Yes, EP 303 Adv will let you use the products_id... and also let you totally frag your store if you are not very careful. It is much like direct editing from within phpMyAdmin!
    BTW, have you had any contact with Langer? I don't think anyone has seen hide nor hair of him for what must be three+ years now.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. I only use one language so no complications there. No, i've had no contact with Langer although i have emailed him a few times and I think i remember seeing his site saying EPA is ok for 1.3.9 so someone is still around.

Just one question on EP4, how do i make the first option for an attribute read only (please select option below) ?

I think i read something in your files that said changing the subsequent options wouldnt have the desired effect.

Brain is sorta foggy :-)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by iddy View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I only use one language so no complications there. No, i've had no contact with Langer although i have emailed him a few times and I think i remember seeing his site saying EPA is ok for 1.3.9 so someone is still around.

Just one question on EP4, how do i make the first option for an attribute read only (please select option below) ?

I think i read something in your files that said changing the subsequent options wouldnt have the desired effect.

Brain is sorta foggy :-)
    I think you mean "display only". You'll have to set that on the product after import, sorry. But I will get there eventually.

If you edit the product and then click it's attributes and then attribute controller, you'll get the option to set "display only".

Hope that helps.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. Saves me from trying to figure out where i've gone wrong when it doesnt work :-)

thanks for your work on this mod. It really gets me out of a hole. Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I am currently using EP 1.2.5.4

I import large amounts of new products into my database with EP 1.2.5.4. All of the products get uploaded to a single 'Upcoming Products' category, and only have name, short description, price and stock information on it.

However, for some reason, EP 1.2.5.4 assigns random manufacturers to the products I upload (I always leave the manufacturer filed blank, and change it when I'm sorting products on Zen Cart admin). I then have to re-download the full EP, and delete the wrongly assigned manufacturers (this only happens with the 'Upcoming Products' category).

Would downloading EP 4 solve this? Please keep in mind that my entire store update system works on excel (I cannot use Open Office)

Thanks for your help
    S

Plugin Contributions

Hi Seth,

EP4 will not assign random numbers to your products on upload. This will generate an error, and that data line will be skipped. Your copy must have been modified at some point.

1.2.5.4 does have a bug concerning Manufacturers. This has been fixed in EP4.

You need ONLY used Open Office to create your CSV from your .xls file. So you can continue to work normally with excel, and then only use OO to open your xls and export your CSV. At some point in the future I'll revisit the excel issue, but that will be after I've completed attributes and some other planned improvements. EP4 is also UTF-8 aware so users can properly use it with mult-byte languages. I do not believe that EP 1.2.5.4 handles multi-byte characters correctly.

Note: you can install EP4 along side your EP 1.2.5.4. Just be aware that the upload files are very different.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,

im just wondering, in the tools easy populate section, it mentions Product UPC code : False

how do i enable this and what would the field in the CSV file be called for this barcode??
    as all of my products have barcodes
    i may not know how yet, but i soon will....i hope :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spid3r1987 View Post
    Hi there,

im just wondering, in the tools easy populate section, it mentions Product UPC code : False

how do i enable this and what would the field in the CSV file be called for this barcode??
    as all of my products have barcodes
    Hi Spid3r,

The field I used for my own unpublished mod is "products_upc" which is the same as what Numinix uses in his Products Fields mod. I have not added full support for all his fields, and you still have to do the other modifications ... there are a couple of threads about adding fields to the products databases, and what files need to be edited so you can display them in your store and edit them from within the admin.