Page 120 of 362 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 3612
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

though I thought that the standard ZC process was to add item, add option name to item, add/activate option value(s) to item.
    Well, in a sense it is; but before doing that you have to create those names and values. I understand that this is usually not the case of usual zen admins, and since is a bit unusual, that's why I asked. Usually you don't set same option values to different option names, but even different industries I can see that it could be the case.

Zen Cart even have an option to copy/delete options from an item to another (which I've never understood, and don't know even if it works), I do believe they should have done a copy all the values of one option to another...

I will try your suggestion and report.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ideasgirl View Post
    Well, in a sense it is; but before doing that you have to create those names and values. I understand that this is usually not the case of usual zen admins, and since is a bit unusual, that's why I asked. Usually you don't set same option values to different option names, but even different industries I can see that it could be the case.

Zen Cart even have an option to copy/delete options from an item to another (which I've never understood, and don't know even if it works), I do believe they should have done a copy all the values of one option to another...

I will try your suggestion and report.
    Unfortunately. I just looked at the code, and it is setup to require a model number in order to step through the procedure to do an import for the basic attributes. As far as standard and such, well ideally the name of the option would be generic enough that it could be appplied to anyy product, but at the same time, the price difference for a gold looking ring compared to a silver one is likely to be far different than those of a gold picture frame compared to a silver one, so yes color availability may be the same, but prices would be different. This all of course would be made easier if a product existed to which the attributes could be applied even if the product was disabled.

It does point out also though that EP4 isn't quite as expansive as being able to handle attribute modification without associating with a product. Again, ideally one attribute name would be applicable to any product, and once associated (or in the spreadsheet) all details could be addressed applicable to that product.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Unfortunately. I just looked at the code, and it is setup to require a model number in order to step through the procedure to do an import for the basic attributes. As far as standard and such, well ideally the name of the option would be generic enough that it could be appplied to anyy product, but at the same time, the price difference for a gold looking ring compared to a silver one is likely to be far different than those of a gold picture frame compared to a silver one, so yes color availability may be the same, but prices would be different. This all of course would be made easier if a product existed to which the attributes could be applied even if the product was disabled.

It does point out also though that EP4 isn't quite as expansive as being able to handle attribute modification without associating with a product. Again, ideally one attribute name would be applicable to any product, and once associated (or in the spreadsheet) all details could be addressed applicable to that product.
    BTW, I do believe all of the mechanics are present to support what you are wanting to do, but the haven't been organized to directly accomplish it. The export of what you are doing is available, so making mods to do what you want without creating a "dummy" product shouldn't really be too difficult.

Plugin Contributions

I am having a problem getting some products. It keeps saying that the category is not supplied.

I created this file using OOo and checked the delimiters and they are correct.

Here are the first few lines of me csv file, copied directly from OOo, if you would like to see a text version let me know.

Code:
    v_products_model	v_categories_names_1	v_products_name_1	v_products_description_1	v_products_price	v_products_image	v_status											
    A4500HO	Amulets	Honesty                                                     	A pewter pocket stone bearing the word Honesty engraved in its face.  Pewter. 1/2" x 1"	3.79	AM/A4500HO.JPG                              	1										
    A4500OP	Amulets	Opportunity                                                 	A pewter pocket stone bearing the word Opportunity  engraved in its face. Pewter. 1/2" x 1"	3.79	AM/A4500OP.JPG                              	1										
    A4500PAT	Amulets	Patience                                                    	A pewter pocket stone bearing the word Patience engraved in its face. Pewter. 1/2" x 1"	3.79	AM/A4500PAT.JPG                             	1										
    A4500PRO	Amulets	Protection                                                  	A pewter pocket stone bearing the word Protection engraved in its face. Pewter. 1/2" x 1"	3.79	AM/A4500PRO.JPG                             	1										
    A4502A	Amulets	Angel                                                       	Sculpted of pewter, this small stone is inscribed with an Angel and is quite useful in meditation and prayer.  Pewter. 1" x 5/8"	2.29	AM/A4502A.JPG                               	1										
    A4502B	Amulets	Buddha                                                      	This pewter pocket stone bears the image of the Buddha. This is intended to remind you to seek inner peace and the middle way in all things. Pewter. 3/4"	2.29	AM/A4502B.JPG                               	1									
    A4502C	Amulets	Clover                                                      	A favorite token of good luck, the four leaf clover, has been engraved in this pocket stone. Carry it with you for good luck. Pewter. 5/8" x 1"	2.29	AM/A4502C.JPG                               	1										
    A4502CR	Amulets	Cross                                                       	The cross pocket stone features the cut out of a cross within a pewter stoned. Pewter. 1" x 5/8"	2.29	AM/A4502CR.JPG                              	1										
    A4502GO	Amulets	Goddess                                                     	The Goddess Pocket stone is a great focus to help you stay in tune with the divine feminine or help guide you through your meditations.  Pewter. 1" x 5/8"	2.29	AM/A4502GO.JPG                              	1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyJim View Post
    I am having a problem getting some products. It keeps saying that the category is not supplied.

Here are the first few lines of me csv file, copied directly from OOo, if you would like to see a text version let me know.

Code:
    v_products_model	v_categories_names_1	v_products_name_1	v_products_description_1	v_products_price	v_products_image	v_status											
    A4500HO	Amulets	Honesty                                                     	A pewter pocket stone bearing the word Honesty engraved in its face.  Pewter. 1/2" x 1"	3.79	AM/A4500HO.JPG                              	1										
    A4500OP	Amulets	Opportunity                                                 	A pewter pocket stone bearing the word Opportunity  engraved in its face. Pewter. 1/2" x 1"	3.79	AM/A4500OP.JPG                              	1										
    A4500PAT	Amulets	Patience                                                    	A pewter pocket stone bearing the word Patience engraved in its face. Pewter. 1/2" x 1"	3.79	AM/A4500PAT.JPG                             	1										
    A4500PRO	Amulets	Protection                                                  	A pewter pocket stone bearing the word Protection engraved in its face. Pewter. 1/2" x 1"	3.79	AM/A4500PRO.JPG                             	1										
    A4502A	Amulets	Angel                                                       	Sculpted of pewter, this small stone is inscribed with an Angel and is quite useful in meditation and prayer.  Pewter. 1" x 5/8"	2.29	AM/A4502A.JPG                               	1										
    A4502B	Amulets	Buddha                                                      	This pewter pocket stone bears the image of the Buddha. This is intended to remind you to seek inner peace and the middle way in all things. Pewter. 3/4"	2.29	AM/A4502B.JPG                               	1									
    A4502C	Amulets	Clover                                                      	A favorite token of good luck, the four leaf clover, has been engraved in this pocket stone. Carry it with you for good luck. Pewter. 5/8" x 1"	2.29	AM/A4502C.JPG                               	1										
    A4502CR	Amulets	Cross                                                       	The cross pocket stone features the cut out of a cross within a pewter stoned. Pewter. 1" x 5/8"	2.29	AM/A4502CR.JPG                              	1										
    A4502GO	Amulets	Goddess                                                     	The Goddess Pocket stone is a great focus to help you stay in tune with the divine feminine or help guide you through your meditations.  Pewter. 1" x 5/8"	2.29	AM/A4502GO.JPG                              	1
    I am not familiar yet with the details of OO, but looking at the above file, it appears to be missing all formatting that would be expected to identify which piece of information is associated with which header. (Ie, no commas between each entity also no quotes around the data of each.) I'm pretty sure if a human can't determine which piece of data is which that a computer is about the same.

The delimiter does not HAVE to be a comma, but that is the typical delimiter and certainl helps when reading through the data.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyJim View Post

Code:
    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I am not familiar yet with the details of OO, but looking at the above file, it appears to be missing all formatting that would be expected to identify which piece of information is associated with which header. (Ie, no commas between each entity also no quotes around the data of each.) I'm pretty sure if a human can't determine which piece of data is which that a computer is about the same.

The delimiter does not HAVE to be a comma, but that is the typical delimiter and certainl helps when reading through the data.
    Okay, so once again I have reread the first message and understand that the data provided is copied and pasted from what is seen on the screen. This may look all well and good, but it is the data file that is created when saving it that is used by EP4. Please provide an example of the first few lines from it, also there seems to be some more information needed, but haven't put my finger on it yet.

Plugin Contributions

Here are the first few entries when I open them in wordpad....

"v_products_model","v_categories_names_1","v_products_name_1","v_products_descri ption_1","v_products_price","v_products_image","v_status"
    "A4500HO","Amulets","Honesty ","A pewter pocket stone bearing the word Honesty engraved in its face. Pewter. 1/2"" x 1""",3.79,"AM/A4500HO.JPG ",1
    "A4500OP","Amulets","Opportunity ","A pewter pocket stone bearing the word Opportunity engraved in its face. Pewter. 1/2"" x 1""",3.79,"AM/A4500OP.JPG ",1
    "A4500PAT","Amulets","Patience ","A pewter pocket stone bearing the word Patience engraved in its face. Pewter. 1/2"" x 1""",3.79,"AM/A4500PAT.JPG ",1
    "A4500PRO","Amulets","Protection ","A pewter pocket stone bearing the word Protection engraved in its face. Pewter. 1/2"" x 1""",3.79,"AM/A4500PRO.JPG ",1
    "A4502A","Amulets","Angel ","Sculpted of pewter, this small stone is inscribed with an Angel and is quite useful in meditation and prayer. Pewter. 1"" x 5/8""",2.29,"AM/A4502A.JPG ",1
    "A4502B","Amulets","Buddha ","This pewter pocket stone bears the image of the Buddha. This is intended to remind you to seek inner peace and the middle way in all things. Pewter. 3/4""",2.29,"AM/A4502B.JPG ",1

Plugin Contributions

One thing I noticed was where there was an " in place of 'inch' I wound up with "" in several places. So I wasn't sure if that was causing a problem, so I changed the " to 'inch' in the hopes that would help, but I am getting the same issue that it still says there is no category for each of the products.....

Plugin Contributions

Default [SOLVED] EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

I figured it out and I feel like a blooming idiot.....

I changed "v_categories_names_1" to "v_categories_name_1" and it works now.

Thank you mc12345678 for giving me a hand!

Jim

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [SOLVED] EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Hi!

I am encountering a very frustrating problem, maybe somebody can help me sort it out?

I have a pretty big product catalog db, the 'FULL' export file can be well in excess of 10mb. Dealing with a file that big, for some reason OpenOffice gets wonky on me. So I like to delete all columns I don't plan to make changes to. As soon as I delete Product_Desc, my file becomes super manageable. However, when I go to upload my changes, EP4 decides that the missing columns should be interpreted as a desire to delete any information that might have existed.

For instance, if I upload a file that has only v_products_model and v_products_image (because I am only changing images), EP4 will go thru and delete information associated with that product (description, etc).

What gives?! Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
    Mike

BTW: My site is ZC151 and using EP4.0.22 - Beta 6-10-2012