Page 138 of 361 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 3605
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Thanks for all the help MC, don't worry anymore for this issue. Here's what I did to solve it and the resume of everything:

-The 2 items that were repeated models were actually repeated items (I learned this from customer so no biggy there), the items where there and the final total of items were 834.

-I noticed that after the basic att import all the attributes were in place, just not sorted.

-Since the detailed import failed few times (100%), I went to the attributes sorter feature and click on sort all attributes for all products, and that made the sort issue to disappear.

-Then last I exported a detailed att export, I downloaded it and did the "Please Select" changes on the spreadsheet and then uploaded without any issues.
    -----------MAGIC-----------

On the new site all the numbers are searchable, so I will see if downloading and uploading the full list on the old one will solve that issue there.

I believe that the little db patch you gave me should be included on your ReadMe file for next version because that really would be a great piece of info to those that don't have/use model numbers on their items and want to use EP from then on.... If I got that piece of info 3 weeks ago, my customer wouldn't have gone for so much trouble and time creating those on the datasheet. It's GOLD info.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What about products without model numbers

Quote Originally Posted by ideasgirl View Post
    That's correct, my entry was products_id on that field, nothing else was touched.
    Just to rectified this... Today I was installing EP on another site and when I was going to enter this user defined field, I noticed that (since I get the options from previous entered text there) when I entered before on the site we were working I entered producst_id and that's why it didn't do the effect wanted. STUPID ME to not put my eyes on details like this.

Well, so there's one less mystery of this whole dilemma.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What about products without model numbers

Quote Originally Posted by ideasgirl View Post
    Just to rectified this... Today I was installing EP on another site and when I was going to enter this user defined field, I noticed that (since I get the options from previous entered text there) when I entered before on the site we were working I entered producst_id and that's why it didn't do the effect wanted. STUPID ME to not put my eyes on details like this.

Well, so there's one less mystery of this whole dilemma.
    Well, glad you figured that one out. Might have made things aa little easier to address, but also if memory serves, even if that had been obtained there was going to be a bit of training needed to use that piece of information (creating SQL statements to populate the model#. But glad the issue on your side was addressed/corrected.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

I have added columns to the Product file. Does anyone know which Easy Populate files need to be changed or does anyone have any documentation regarding to the Easy Populate programs other that what is shipped in the release?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jodean View Post
    I have added columns to the Product file. Does anyone know which Easy Populate files need to be changed or does anyone have any documentation regarding to the Easy Populate programs other that what is shipped in the release?
    A couple pages back, there is a link provided I think it was by linuxguy2 the gives an overview of Easy Populate, but does not get into the how to use a specific version. Regarding your extra products table fields, enter the field names as they are in your database under the configuration option (when using EP4) as a user defined field. Do not add v_ to the prefix. Export and import of your file(s) will use that info where applicable. (Ie not on the attributes because attributes don't specifically use product data other than generic who am I type info.)

Otherwise, read through this forum for other "how-tos".

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Mc12345678,

another bug found on EP 4.0.22 on ZC 1.51, utf-8 muliti-language site.

default language is english=1, and other is russian=2

all csv are opened and saved via openoffice, using coding utf-8

now problem is:
    when upload and then import the data, any category title and meta title start with
    russian letter NOT inserted into the SQL, but title starting with english letter is okay.

e.g.
    "Главная example" will not inserted into sql
    "example Главная" is okay

anyone else know such kind of problem? thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry5763837 View Post
    Hi, Mc12345678,

another bug found on EP 4.0.22 on ZC 1.51, utf-8 muliti-language site.

default language is english=1, and other is russian=2

all csv are opened and saved via openoffice, using coding utf-8

now problem is:
    when upload and then import the data, any category title and meta title start with
    russian letter NOT inserted into the SQL, but title starting with english letter is okay.

e.g.
    "Главная example" will not inserted into sql

anyone else know such kind of problem? thank you.
    Good right up. So, initial thoughts. I have seen that russian is one of those "unique" languages that must have additional coding to handle. I don't recall what specifically is necessary, but it may be that a utf8 comaptible type needs to be used. Would have to look at how other applications handle russian.

Perhaps the original programmer chadderuski also has input on this or others using russian or other languages.

Does this happen for all entries that begin with russian characters, or that specific letter? Any error messages other than the default not imported message? (Error logs either by EP4 or in ZC, etc?) Haven't looked through the forum, but is there any similar discussion? Problem occurs with doing first an export, then turning around and doing an import without opening file in OO?

Thanks for reporting this, hopefully a solution can be found relatively quickly.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, MC,

appreicatied for your quick reply.

we tried many titles started with different russian letters, but all titles/meta tiles start with ANY russian letters
    were NOT inserted into SQL. however, they can be inserted into SQL for
    category descriptions, meta keywords, meta description.

problem like this:
    for title "Главная example", only "example" can be inserted, but "Главная" will not inserted into sql

any other suggestions,MC? thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,MC,

reporte again.

Any Russian can be added through Admin area.
    then we download category with meta.csv, without edit, then directly import thourhg EP4.0,
    all goes well without and problem. russian tiles are there.

therefore can we say russian can NOT edit by openoffice?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry5763837 View Post
    Hi,MC,

reporte again.

Any Russian can be added through Admin area.
    then we download category with meta.csv, without edit, then directly import thourhg EP4.0,
    all goes well without and problem. russian tiles are there.

therefore can we say russian can NOT edit by openoffice?
    I wouldn't say that OO CAN'T be used, but that there is some sort of setting that must be modified to allow it to work. I think there are a few settings throughout this thread that address that issue. For some reason, though. It does appear that the current setup of OO is disturbing the data. I did think that there was something like importing while using a different encoding in OO then to export in UTF8. I have not looked for such a solution nor am I sure that so a thing would work. It is an idea without proof. Back up back up back up. :)