Page 14 of 360 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Ok, it is properly creating the export .csv file, and I can download it manually via ftp. If I left click the "Download" link I get a 500 error, and if I right click the Download link and do a "save as" the file is filled with the same 500 error. So, I believe it has something to do with adding the proper permissions in my .htaccess file, in the temp directory. I read something in the instructions about adding "allow" in my .htaccess file for .txt and .csv files, but I'm not sure what code I need to add to my .htaccess file to accomplish this.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adiamond View Post
    Ok, it is properly creating the export .csv file, and I can download it manually via ftp. If I left click the "Download" link I get a 500 error, and if I right click the Download link and do a "save as" the file is filled with the same 500 error. So, I believe it has something to do with adding the proper permissions in my .htaccess file, in the temp directory. I read something in the instructions about adding "allow" in my .htaccess file for .txt and .csv files, but I'm not sure what code I need to add to my .htaccess file to accomplish this.

Thanks!
    You can put an .htaccess in your temp folder (say under your secret admin). This has worked for me (someone may have a cleaner version):
    Code:
    DirectoryIndex index.php

# deny *everything*
    <FilesMatch ".*\..*">
      Order Allow,Deny
     # Deny from all
    </FilesMatch>

# but now allow just *certain* necessary files:
    <FilesMatch "(^$|^favicon.ico$|.*\.(php|js|css|jpg|gif|png|csv|txt|log)$)">
      Order Allow,Deny
      Allow from all
    </FilesMatch>

IndexIgnore */*

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet Explorer browsers
    <IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
      <IfDefine SSL>
        SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
                 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
                 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
      </IfDefine>
    </IfModule>

Plugin Contributions

That worked great! Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    Hi Kerry,

Hmmm. Yes, I never quite understood why EP 1.2.5.4 would allow you to upload price with tax, only to calculate the price without tax before inserting into the database, or why that would be useful. But I left this code in place. I figured this may help in other countries. In the US, better to calculate tax at checkout.

Go to Configuration -> Easy Populate 4 and set "Upload/Download Prices Include Tax" to true. Test that and let me know if that works for you as expected.
    Sorry Chadderuski, there was a lot of problems I had with EP4 so I've gone back to the older working version

Plugin Contributions

I will check with my web hosting company to see about the php version getting upgraded. In the mean time here is a copy of the csv file I was trying to upload.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sharemmoments View Post
    I will check with my web hosting company to see about the php version getting upgraded. In the mean time here is a copy of the csv file I was trying to upload.
    Your data structure looks fine.

However, you will need to use unique v_products_model numbers. Each of the 3 records in the data had the same products_model. What happens in this instance is that each successive duplicate over writes the previous record's data.

The ONE exception (and it needs careful checking) is where you want to LINK a product to another category. To do this you would duplicate the record as is, and then ONLY change the Category. Best to keep those records together.

Your host should upgrade for free. PHP 4 has been deprecated and there is really no reason to not upgrade. I would even hazard to guess that your php predates 4.2... If your host won't upgrade, look for a new provider. No reason to be running php 4.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    Your data structure looks fine.

However, you will need to use unique v_products_model numbers. Each of the 3 records in the data had the same products_model. What happens in this instance is that each successive duplicate over writes the previous record's data.

The ONE exception (and it needs careful checking) is where you want to LINK a product to another category. To do this you would duplicate the record as is, and then ONLY change the Category. Best to keep those records together.

Your host should upgrade for free. PHP 4 has been deprecated and there is really no reason to not upgrade. I would even hazard to guess that your php predates 4.2... If your host won't upgrade, look for a new provider. No reason to be running php 4.
    Thanks, I will contact my ISP. I know they are doing an upgrade to the Linux OS next week so I will see if PHP is getting updated as well and then try again. Thanks for the information on the products_model. All of the existing products have the same model so I will know going forward to change that and then work to change those already listed.

Plugin Contributions

I have just installed the easypopulate 4.0 to my site which is using 1.5.0v upgrade. But everytime I try to import a file I get logged out and somer one please help. I followed all the instruction so I am lost now. my site is buybackissuesonline.com

Plugin Contributions

Check back 10 posts, #128, and see if you have the same problem I did. Basically, in your include/configure.php files, your host app that installed zen cart may have inadvertently inserted a bunch of extra "/"'s in all the paths. If your address looks like http://example.com//admin when you access your admin interface, then that's probably the case. if it is, you need to go through both of your configure files, line by line and delete all the extra "/"s.

Plugin Contributions

I did check my configure and found obout 4 instances of // and the end of the url's. All of the rest has just one /'