Page 145 of 361 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 3606
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do you set up extra fields/columns in EP4?

Thanks for the explaination mc12345678. I installed the EP4 plugin, and it works great now (after the sql patch for quantity error).

I, too, am wanting the same thing as triplex, and after days of reading posts (yes days), so do many others, so if this topic gets moved, please post the link...

From my old miva days, I had bought an extra fields plugin from viking coders that was great. You created the fields, uploaded your header-less cvs text file, and during import products, simply assigned the fields (including extras) to the columns that you wanted via pull down menus in the admin. It was great because I could, too, keep my columns in my text file in the order I WANTED, not a set, rigid, zencart order. Then from the admin, I could edit the product pages and insert the variable name tolken (v_product_custom_field) to have it displayed in the html page where ever.

A plugin like that would be great for zencart...

An
    Zen Cart 1.5.3, Database Patch Level: 1.5.3
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.32, Database: MySQL 5.5.41
    HTTP Server: Apache, PHP Version: 5.4.37

Plugin Contributions

Default Attributes - EP4

Is there a definitive guide on how to create attributes and feed them in to my site via csv?

My supplier has given me a csv and I need to transfer the attributes for each product to my zencart site.

So far I have managed to "match up" the data in the various columns and import all of the products, images and prices thanks to the info in this support thread.

But I can't do the same with the attributes side of things, and I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to do it.

I have read about creating a basic attribute file but TBH I don't understand options/values etc. I really need an idiot sheet detailing step a to z if possible.

Do I have to import the main data first, and then set up a seperate csv for the attributes?
    And then how do I input the attributes from the suppliers csv? Or are they picked up automatically somehow?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do you set up extra fields/columns in EP4?

Quote Originally Posted by stiggybaby View Post
    Thanks for the explaination mc12345678. I installed the EP4 plugin, and it works great now (after the sql patch for quantity error).

I, too, am wanting the same thing as triplex, and after days of reading posts (yes days), so do many others, so if this topic gets moved, please post the link...

From my old miva days, I had bought an extra fields plugin from viking coders that was great. You created the fields, uploaded your header-less cvs text file, and during import products, simply assigned the fields (including extras) to the columns that you wanted via pull down menus in the admin. It was great because I could, too, keep my columns in my text file in the order I WANTED, not a set, rigid, zencart order. Then from the admin, I could edit the product pages and insert the variable name tolken (v_product_custom_field) to have it displayed in the html page where ever.

A plugin like that would be great for zencart...

An
    Welcome for the little help I offer. :) my apologies for the SEVERELY delayed response. I have no real excuse and it's not like I didn't start on this response the same day it was posted.

While as a tool such as EP4 is being used ever more for mass product import and some of these features probably support that, I could not be sure how long it might take to develop the extra functionality. I could foresee the possibility of saving said output format sequences by a name or other convention. Technically, something like that can be done already with a little coding/code movement, anyways. On the issue of layout, the file being imported can be in any sequence already, it is the output that is currently in a set sequence. The latest author had even (though possibly years ago) asked for input on sequencing and if I'm not mistaken had received little to no input and therefore developed what is present out of personal/professional need.

Regarding extra fields, while EP4 is handy at "communicating" with the database, there are some aspects that have not made it to the public (github) version. For example, the current code uses get statements/links instead of form posts.m. As a result the added functionality described above is rather difficult to include. Hopefully the next version/update of this will incorporate a post method ofoperation, so such added functionality can be easily incorporated. (Things such as drop downs, radio buttons, etc... Without the need for javascript)

In the meantime, the code should be easily enough modified to suit the individual needs of sequence. Yes the suggested functionality would make it more adaptable for on the fly import and would offer the possibility of "saving" various setups so that the import/export could be repeated in the same sequence again in the future.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes - EP4

Quote Originally Posted by triplex View Post
    Is there a definitive guide on how to create attributes and feed them in to my site via csv?

My supplier has given me a csv and I need to transfer the attributes for each product to my zencart site.

So far I have managed to "match up" the data in the various columns and import all of the products, images and prices thanks to the info in this support thread.

But I can't do the same with the attributes side of things, and I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to do it.

I have read about creating a basic attribute file but TBH I don't understand options/values etc. I really need an idiot sheet detailing step a to z if possible.

Do I have to import the main data first, and then set up a seperate csv for the attributes?
    And then how do I input the attributes from the suppliers csv? Or are they picked up automatically somehow?
    I don't know how long it hastaken to write this reply as I know that I am continuously being interupted as I write it.

A definitive guide for adding attributes. Debatable on whether this could be considered such, but let me try to explain the functionality in perhaps the most understandable way possible.

Consider how sucha process works in thhe admin panel. Now instead of doing this one product, one attribute, one category at a time. Then repeat that step of the process for however many items/type of things are to be acted upon. So for example, an item can't be assigned an option value until both the option value and the product independently exist to be paired together.

The next aspect of consideration is the use of the basic or full option. This comparison has been described a couple of times in the thread by me and others.

For the most part, each option on the EP4 screen requires a different CSV file, while some actions could get combined, this way each file is identified to a task, and each task has an identified file. More things couldbe combined in some cases, but it makes for a consistent process. Again the a-z process is basically the same as what would be found in the FAQ on performing each suchaction. In order to do one action, a different action has to have been done before that. As for matching columns, what I suggest is that one or more products be created with the applicable type of information added, possibly with the name of what is seen on screen, export the various types of information and then realize that filling in the information beneath the column header will populate the model with that information.

That's about as simple of an explanation as I can offer. I'd be glad to offer more if there are more questions. Again apologize for the delay in replies. (Fyi, I started to write this within a minute of my last post in this thread.)

Plugin Contributions

zencart 151 w/EP4 > upgraded to 153 > login, admin, tools, Easy Populate 4 = EP4 FATAL ERROR: No default language set.

Am I the first to get this error after the upgrade from 151 to 153, or did I do something wrong?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

zencart 151 w/EP4 > upgraded to 153 > login, admin, tools, Easy Populate 4 = EP4 FATAL ERROR: No default language set.Am I the first to get this error after the upgrade from 151 to 153, or did I do something wrong?Thank you
    First to report it at least. Guess I'll be trying out ZC 1.5.3 to see what's new. Have already helped some others with installs of other types of product and personally was hoping that this would not be affected since it doesn't overwrite any of the files.So the error appeared when you went to the menu selection for EP4? Didn't have to try to upload or download anything to get it?

Plugin Contributions

I cannot even try to upload/download anything...

I've got 2 test sites/zencart installs. First one I upgraded to 153, clicked on tools>Easy Poplulate 4 and got basically a white page with only that error message on the page.

So, I thought with the other test zencart, I'll click on tools>EP4 and click on the uninstall first, then go an upgrade to 153, then go back to tools>EP4 and click on install, but instead got the same white page with the error message.

Plugin Contributions

I cannot even try to upload/download anything...I've got 2 test sites/zencart installs. First one I upgraded to 153, clicked on tools>Easy Poplulate 4 and got basically a white page with only that error message on the page.So, I thought with the other test zencart, I'll click on tools>EP4 and click on the uninstall first, then go an upgrade to 153, then go back to tools>EP4 and click on install, but instead got the same white page with the error message.
    Unfortunately, that is the response I would expect. This may not work still (if you intend to try to uninstall which won't really fix the problem, again there is nothing overwritten. Will need to figure out what variables are necessary to continue to "track" the default language or see why you're getting that error. The second site, was that a clean install? Not an upgrade?The link that you would be clicking on is something like: YOUR-STORE/YOUR_ADMIN/easypopulate_4.php?epinstaller=removeThe thing is, that the first "page" is still loaded, but I don't know if the error will still occur before, at, or after the code that picks up that the program is to be uninstalled. Effectively at the moment, EP4 is looking for what ZC considers to be the default language. That is not being found (in your store) the way that EP4 expects. Testing will need to be done to see if 1) can be reproduced, 2) what is needed to eliminate the error other than removing the display of the default language on the first page. (Data is used throughout the code.)

Plugin Contributions

Just did a brand new 153 install.
    Uploaded EP4 files for EP4 install on new zencart 153 install.
    Admin Login>Tools>Easy Populate 4
    Same result: EP4 FATAL ERROR: No default language set.

Is there a quick fix like deleting a line out or editing a line in the easypopulate_4.php file? I only plan on using English.

Plugin Contributions

Just did a brand new 153 install.
    Uploaded EP4 files for EP4 install on new zencart 153 install.
    Admin Login>Tools>Easy Populate 4
    Same result: EP4 FATAL ERROR: No default language set.

Is there a quick fix like deleting a line out or editing a line in the easypopulate_4.php file? I only plan on using English.
    So, I began looking at the code, EP4 has heavily used mysql_ type functions. ZC 1.5.3 transitions to mysqli_ type functions. The language issue is merely the first of many "errors" in the code under 1.5.3. While a better fix might be to use more of the ZC standard code/functions, I am making the changes to this program to maintain past compatibility and add compatibility with 1.5.3 and expct to push the changes to a github version later today. I have the core export functionality working, and am working on the import and then to take a look at the split module and lastly to look through the other files to see if there is any remnant of mysql_ type calls therein.

Alternatively, the entire code could be made 1.5.3 only, but there seems to be little reason to do this as it will only cause more forks in versions. Please have patience while this is being done, I understand the potential impact and am trying to work as quickly and soundly as possible on this.