Page 16 of 361 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Hi,
    I wanted to change some descriptions just now but I'm having trouble. I did a full export, found the products I wanted to update, deleted all columns except v_products_model and v_products_description_1, changed my descriptions and imported, but the descriptions aren't changing on the site, even though it's showing as updated when I import.

Not entirely sure what the problem is, but I know EP's working as I used it this morning to update stock levels.
    I use OpenOffice rather than Excel.

Plugin Contributions

I would like to use easy populate with zencart 1.5 It seems this is not supported at this time. I can't seem to find anything on this. Does anyone know if there is a version of easy populate or similar that will work in 1.5 or will I need to install 1.3.9 Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dnwmarket View Post
    Thanks alot man I got it to work all is well. Guess i am going have learn some excel to to input some function in the colomns of the model numbers to change all of them.
    One last question is there a new version of the google feeder for me to use. I was using one but got error feed code everytime I tried to view it.
    Thanks again
    Google Base Feeder has been replaced by Numinix's Google Merchant Center. New requirements by Google pretty much mean you also need to convert your store to UTF-8.

Check this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...187534&page=35

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by igi2011 View Post
    Hi,
    I wanted to change some descriptions just now but I'm having trouble. I did a full export, found the products I wanted to update, deleted all columns except v_products_model and v_products_description_1, changed my descriptions and imported, but the descriptions aren't changing on the site, even though it's showing as updated when I import.

Not entirely sure what the problem is, but I know EP's working as I used it this morning to update stock levels.
    I use OpenOffice rather than Excel.
    Igi,

You happened upon a slight "issue" with that part of the import. When you JUST want to update descriptions, you will also need your v_products_name_1 and possibly v_products_url.

I do intend to split those out so they can be updated individually, but haven't had time. Will try to get it in the next update at github. It was just something I never did myself, but it has come up before so I'll make it more flexible.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lenpilot View Post
    I would like to use easy populate with zencart 1.5 It seems this is not supported at this time. I can't seem to find anything on this. Does anyone know if there is a version of easy populate or similar that will work in 1.5 or will I need to install 1.3.9 Thanks in advance
    Lenpilot,

Please read the first post in this thread carefully for use of EasyPopulate 4.0 Beta which IS compatible with Zencart 1.5.
    You should also use Dr. Bytes MySQL Backup mod which was recently updated to work with Zencart 1.5.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    Igi,

You happened upon a slight "issue" with that part of the import. When you JUST want to update descriptions, you will also need your v_products_name_1 and possibly v_products_url.

I do intend to split those out so they can be updated individually, but haven't had time. Will try to get it in the next update at github. It was just something I never did myself, but it has come up before so I'll make it more flexible.
    Thanks for the explanation - now I think of it I do remember having a similar issue a while back.
    Great addon by the way, I couldn't do without it.

Plugin Contributions

Hi! Thanks for taking this project on. It is sorely needed.

I have EP4 installed and I've reformatted my input to match what it needs and ran an import. I have an issue.

There must be something wrong with my setup as every task I do requires me to login again. ie: I login, go to EP4, click import on a file I've ftp'd up there and it takes me to login before doing the task. If I click on choose file to use EP to upload the file, then click import, it takes me to login. We are on a test system, so if you want to see it happen, I'll get you the logins, just let me know where I can send a private message to you.

thanks
    Lori Hayes

Plugin Contributions

Hi Lori,

You must have installed Zencart via a Cpanel script, correct? This has been covered in more detailed earlier, but basically you will have to edit both your configure.php files...

You will need to find instanaces where http://www.yourstore.com//youradmin should be http://www.yourstore.com/youradmin

See the second // ??? That should only be one /

Look back a couple pages. You will have to change permissions on the file before editing, and set back when done.

Plugin Contributions

Hi - thanks for the quick reply! Sorry, no, I used filezilla to ftp the files there. I checked both configure.php files and don't see any mention of the admin folder. Wish it were that easy It must be something else I did.

Could it be because our server name on this test instance is still a IP address and not a domain yet?

While I have you - any chance you would enable something to make EP4 ignore model numbers and just treat every record as a new one? We don't assign any and some of our data has them, some doesn't - so I will be writing a routine to assign unique numbers to our almost 2 million products.....the older EP version we used, didn't care about the model numbers.

thanks again!
    Lori

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by elorithrah View Post
    Hi - thanks for the quick reply! Sorry, no, I used filezilla to ftp the files there. I checked both configure.php files and don't see any mention of the admin folder. Wish it were that easy It must be something else I did.

Could it be because our server name on this test instance is still a IP address and not a domain yet?

While I have you - any chance you would enable something to make EP4 ignore model numbers and just treat every record as a new one? We don't assign any and some of our data has them, some doesn't - so I will be writing a routine to assign unique numbers to our almost 2 million products.....the older EP version we used, didn't care about the model numbers.

thanks again!
    Lori
    You have two "configure.php" files. One will be in your admin directory (what ever you named it) "yourstore.com/youradmin/includes/configure.php"
    and another for the store front: "yourstore.com/includes/configure.php"

EP4 work just fine with IP's, but you need to ensure that your configure.php files are correct. I am working on a new store myself and using only IP and have no issues. Are you on zencart 1.5 or 1.39?

What version of EP where you using to allow no products_model? 3.0.3 Adv from Langer? I MAY be able to do this in the future but that is a ways off. I have to complete attributes first which is a BIG job.

2 million products? You beat out my last big data set which was 900,000!

-chadd