Page 160 of 361 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 3605
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Oops, sorry that line was supposed to be changed to modify line 990 to read like the code that was suggested in the line above.

You're doing well. With regards to making the change using option 2 above, was the result still that no language was defined?
    If so (response still was to not have a. Language installed), I wouldn't worry about restoring that area of the code in admin/easypopulate_4.php. Can if you have, don't think you need to. If some other error occurred, then I would set it back, but not if the response was that the language is not installed. I'm somewhat thinking that the code should go to that anyways.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

A third option if the first aabove is a no go is to place a line at 991 og the functions file, similar to what was added in line 172 in the main file with the appropriate variable substitution.

This would be something instead of 1 or 2. So suggesting to implement only one of these three at a time for now.

My reasoning behind all this is the following.

The query function is supposed to default to the store option suggested in the first option; however, it is possible that this version of php on the host could have something incorrectly configured/compiled and does not default to that constant. Next is that the constant could be incorrectly assigned and not accounted for in the query function. If so, the first option above won't resolve the issue. The second option above is suggested in the event that the query is coming back with a result, but the num_rows function isn't returning a value until either the result has been completely stepped through, or a result has been tested, so the second modification should identify if the query returned with something because if it did then the language should be assigned in the if statement. If the query comes back with more than one result, well we rent worried about that and justuse the first returned result. The third revision identified in this post is to further account for the reason(s) why the first option was unsuccessful and to force the action of storing the result, but doing so while the result is still in memory, where the previous attempt at line 172 may have been performed when the data was already lost.

Unfortunately, the environment(s) in which this has been tested have not produced the troubled results seen by the two of you.
    Based on the previous comment of not being a programmer (but following directions very well), here is the code suggested to be added between lines 990 and 991 of the functions file. (Ie immediately following the assignment of the query to the variable result.)

Code:
    $result->store_result();

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! I am trying to help the best I can not knowing my head from a hole in the ground when it comes to coding!

I did it a couple of ways:
    1. Kept the code changes from the last post in admin/easypopulate_4.php, then I changed line 990 in admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php with the code you just provided and got EP4 FATAL ERROR: No default language set. Table: languages Code: en is set

2. Then I reverted admin/easypopulate_4.php to its original code and I changed line 990 in admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php with the code you provided and now get EP4 FATAL ERROR: No default language set.

Oops, sorry that line was supposed to be changed to modify line 990 to read like the code that was suggested in the line above.

You're doing well. With regards to making the change using option 2 above, was the result still that no language was defined?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stellarweb View Post
    Thanks! I am trying to help the best I can not knowing my head from a hole in the ground when it comes to coding!

I did it a couple of ways:
    1. Kept the code changes from the last post in admin/easypopulate_4.php, then I changed line 990 in admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php with the code you just provided and got EP4 FATAL ERROR: No default language set. Table: languages Code: en is set

2. Then I reverted admin/easypopulate_4.php to its original code and I changed line 990 in admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php with the code you provided and now get EP4 FATAL ERROR: No default language set.
    So, have you tried all three options then? Could you post what you have at/around 990 of the functions file? Please enclose in [ CODE] [/ CODE] tags with the space(s) removed.

Plugin Contributions

Nothing added that I can remember. I believe the EP was the last mod to be added. The only other thing that was done was changing a file for linkpoint payment module....

The next thing I can see to do is to look through the ZC code for the db class and see how queries under mysqli_ style calls are handled. It may be that some query preparation needs to be performed although it appears that none of the data into EP4 really is subject to malicious action. Hmm, maybe the query in line 171 where the single quotes are used need to be escaped for the query to work? Or the single quotes removed from around the returned variable(s). Although I had already suggested hard coding the query (not using variables) to see if that would be successful, not directly to you, but as an attempted solution.)

Not being able to reproduce the issue makes it difficult to suggest solutions. Between the time of it working and now when it doesn't, nothing was added to the cart code? No template changes? Anything that could cause something to load as a part of kicking off the code that could interfere or modify the expected response(s) of the system?

Plugin Contributions

Nothing added that I can remember. I believe the EP was the last mod to be added. The only other thing that was done was changing a file for linkpoint payment module....
    Do you happen to know/remember in which directory the file modified was in? (Don't need to know the file name, just trying to think if in the sequence of loading things, if there is something that has an effect on the variables used in EP4. If so, then the eP4 variables can be renamed to avoid that potential conflict. It's a long shot, but there have been two people that have expressed having a problem using this, both obtaining the same error message, though the cause has not been pin-pointed.

Plugin Contributions

Ok.... here goes....
    1. I changed admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php and added the code in between lines 990 and 991 as follows:
    Code:
    $result = ($ep_uses_mysqli ? mysqli_query($db->link, $query) : mysql_query($query));$result->store_result();if (($ep_uses_mysqli ? mysqli_errno($db->link) : mysql_errno())) {
    2. I made sure all other files were at their original state

RESULTS: Blank white page and the following in the error log that was generated:
    [21-Aug-2014 16:40:08 America/Denver] PHP Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, resource given in /home3/beadins1/public_html/bI1544+/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php on line 990
    [21-Aug-2014 16:40:08 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function store_result() on a non-object in /home3/beadins1/public_html/bI1544+/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php on line 991

Plugin Contributions

Now I am really showing my AGE!! Sorry - that was another client I was thinking about - not this one.

The only changes made on this site was in includes/modules/pages/page/header_php.php - as found in this post http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...=1#post1256039

Do you happen to know/remember in which directory the file modified was in? (Don't need to know the file name, just trying to think if in the sequence of loading things, if there is something that has an effect on the variables used in EP4. If so, then the eP4 variables can be renamed to avoid that potential conflict. It's a long shot, but there have been two people that have expressed having a problem using this, both obtaining the same error message, though the cause has not been pin-pointed.

Plugin Contributions

Now I am really showing my AGE!! Sorry - that was another client I was thinking about - not this one.

The only changes made on this site was in includes/modules/pages/page/header_php.php - as found in this post http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...=1#post1256039
    Okay, so to be sure the situation is/was understood, this site has never had EP4 fully functional? (Ie, wasn't a situation where it worked for a while then suddenly stopped working?

Plugin Contributions

It worked when I installed it on 8/14- it generated an ep file as it should have. A few days later, the client went to use it, and got the error and emailed me.

Thanks for your PM - I will check into that and get back with you.

Okay, so to be sure the situation is/was understood, this site has never had EP4 fully functional? (Ie, wasn't a situation where it worked for a while then suddenly stopped working?