Page 199 of 361 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3604
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lruskauff View Post
    It has been a few years since I used ezpopulate but I remember it showing the records as they came in, or the products I should say. You can also use phpmyadmin from you cpanel to see if anything was entered but it prob wasn't if you don't see anything.

Did you try adding one or two items into zencart directly and then using ezpopulate to export the data? You can then use this as a master file to compare w the file u are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by tk42one View Post
    Hi, new to EP4 and Zen Cart in general. I'm exporting ~1500 records from my old storefront into Zen Cart. I loaded EP4 with little hassle, formatted my data in OO to fit your example, uploaded it to the temp/ folder on my site, chose the import option from the admin->tools->EP4 page, got a green bar at the top saying it was imported successfully, yet I see no items added to my catalog nor do they display in my shopping cart. Any ideas on what I may have messed up on? Or will it take a bit to populate? I appreciate the help in advance!
    Pretty much a step out of the instructions that are provided. As to trouble shooting, there remains a lot of unknowns for this particular issue. To obtain the best help, need to know the details from start to finish related to the issue also any detail specifically requested/covered by the posting tips. Posting tips can be momentarily viewed by clicking reply/reply with quoted to any message and then scrolling up above it.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Yes, more details are needed. But I was just directing them to something they could try themselves. Not sure why you quoted me?

Plugin Contributions

It has been a few years since I used ezpopulate but I remember it showing the records as they came in, or the products I should say. You can also use phpmyadmin from you cpanel to see if anything was entered but it prob wasn't if you don't see anything.

Did you try adding one or two items into zencart directly and then using ezpopulate to export the data? You can then use this as a master file to compare w the file u are using.
    I actually did exactly this to start it out. This is why I'm pretty surprised that nothing happened. I added a few items to my catalog, defined the categories I would be using, then exported a csv with EP4. I then appended the rest of my catalog to that csv following the format that was already there. That was what I uploaded with EP4 into my catalog.

Plugin Contributions

I'm actually going to install it tomorrow because I once again need it so I will let you know if I run into the same thing. Maybe someone can help before then. You might want to add some more into too. Hope you solve it soon.

Linda

Plugin Contributions

I got it to work! Stupid mistake on my part, I had messed up the csv formatting somewhere along the way. Not sure when or how, but it's probably what I get for trying to do the export past 2am.

Plugin Contributions

Glad to hear that. If it was anything specific, please share. I may run into the same problem tomorrow.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, more details are needed. But I was just directing them to something they could try themselves. Not sure why you quoted me?
    There was no reason for two people to say the same thing two different ways when the one was fine as it was and appeared to be more than likely the cause.

But see now that something else came into play as well, but yes the suggestion was to start from the beginning and be descriptive as possible to support quick and straightforward resolution.

Glad all is working so far for all. :)

Plugin Contributions

MS12345678: I'm sorry, I didn't see any other response. I must not have gone back thru the thread enough. I just finally figured out ( or thought I did ) how things are layed out in the forum. Maybe I'll try another view. Thank you for the help.

Plugin Contributions

Glad to hear that. If it was anything specific, please share. I may run into the same problem tomorrow.
    Nothing specific. The instructions are clear enough and if followed it should turn out fine. Like I said earlier, I was just working super late and probably saved it wrong or something.

Plugin Contributions

MS12345678: I'm sorry, I didn't see any other response. I must not have gone back thru the thread enough. I just finally figured out ( or thought I did ) how things are layed out in the forum. Maybe I'll try another view. Thank you for the help.
    No apologies necessary for offering assistance to another. Not sure what other "view" you are considering.

In regards to the issue that was supported, the description of reproducing the problem was not really there, indicating the need to "start from scratch", which ws suggested. After that the and had further input not been provided, the list of possibilities of the problem's cause expand significantly and one reason why I posted the way I did. :)

Round thing about it is that based on other posts, I recognize the concerns about posting etiquette, none of which appears to be an issue here.