Page 219 of 361 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by allmart View Post
    Thanks for your help, I have yet to learn how to implement a UPC field to display in my admin product/category page and in the description of product on it's web page but that is not an EP4 issue and will search elsewhere.

Thanks again
    Numinix Product Fields might help, it may also come with more than desired/needed, but that's what a development site is for so that you can try something and make adjustments/modifications to get it "right".

Or there is:
    UPC/ISBN Product Fields

And other options appear by searching the plugins on UPC...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

After reading all this thread because I am working with EP 4.0 again after a couple of years. I am trying to do exactly what the other poster is wanting (make my defined fields show up) .. Think I will try to the Numunix Plugin thanks for pulling me out of a fog :-)

It did, however bring back what is now a fond memory (nightmare then). Back when I was adding code like mad to OSCommerce.. oh yes, many moon ago! I came upon a young EP, and I needed extra fields and I needed them to show. I wrote all the code in the templates for it to display and everything. Man am I getting lazy these days! ... LOL.. Just thought I would share.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fwood View Post
    After reading all this thread because I am working with EP 4.0 again after a couple of years. I am trying to do exactly what the other poster is wanting (make my defined fields show up) .. Think I will try to the Numunix Plugin thanks for pulling me out of a fog :-)

It did, however bring back what is now a fond memory (nightmare then). Back when I was adding code like mad to OSCommerce.. oh yes, many moon ago! I came upon a young EP, and I needed extra fields and I needed them to show. I wrote all the code in the templates for it to display and everything. Man am I getting lazy these days! ... LOL.. Just thought I would share.
    Glad the little "note" helped. It *is* another case of multiple plugins in one way or another supporting each other. I can't for certain comment on all of the functionality of that mod. It may still require coding to address the additional fields, but it at least will get things a step further along if all that is involved is acceptable. :)

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

I am sorry if this question has been asked before; I have uploaded a plugin so that I can add to Product in Category the Products Cost. What do I need to do so that when I use this plugin to make a backup and later restore my products the Products Cost is also backed up?

I have just rebuilt my shop and when I used the backup copy and imported the information the Products Cost is showing zero even though I did put the info in before the backup copy was made

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    I am sorry if this question has been asked before; I have uploaded a plugin so that I can add to Product in Category the Products Cost. What do I need to do so that when I use this plugin to make a backup and later restore my products the Products Cost is also backed up?

I have just rebuilt my shop and when I used the backup copy and imported the information the Products Cost is showing zero even though I did put the info in before the backup copy was made
    I caution against using EP4 as a backup tool... There are suggested programs such as DrBytes database backup and simply exporting the database from phpmyadmin that will more thoruoghly capture all the necessary data to restore the site's data to the point at which it was retrieved.

That said, if this plugin is going to be used to backup data, a couple of things, and it is really this part that is covered in the instructions and a basis for operation: export, modify value, save as new file but with end of filename slightly changed, import the file, witness that change made to site matches intended action and witness that no other similar undesirable changes were made...

As to this cost field. EP4 does export cost export through a few different export paths, but if something were done to the database to add a field, then need to identify which field in which table is desired to be "preserved". If it is in the products table, then use the custom fields area in the EP4 configuration screen. If a field were added to a table outside of the products table and the field name is not already recognized and handled, then additional coding would be needed to add that field in where desired.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    ......As to this cost field. EP4 does export cost export through a few different export paths, but if something were done to the database to add a field, then need to identify which field in which table is desired to be "preserved". If it is in the products table, then use the custom fields area in the EP4 configuration screen. If a field were added to a table outside of the products table and the field name is not already recognized and handled, then additional coding would be needed to add that field in where desired.
    So in short you are saying is, drill down admin/configuration/Easy Populate 4/User Defined Products Fields; add the fields that I want to add. Then this is shown in admin/tools/Easy Populate 4 right hand side half way down is User Defined Products Fields: and under that I should find the plugin I have named.

If above is correct, then how do I change the word 'false' in to 'true'?
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

So in short you are saying is, drill down admin/configuration/Easy Populate 4/User Defined Products Fields; add the fields that I want to add. Then this is shown in admin/tools/Easy Populate 4 right hand side half way down is User Defined Products Fields: and under that I should find the plugin I have named.

If above is correct, then how do I change the word 'false' in to 'true'?
    The plugin information: true/false is based on code being present in EP4 to recognize and associate a field with a "plugin". The addtion of a field to the user defined fields will not modify the existence of a "true/false" field on the right side. It will only modify the list of fields identified in the user defined field. Further, the user defined field is only associated with the products table (at this tiime) therefore if the additional field of any plugin, modifies say the categories table, the user defined field will not assost in retrieviing that field.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The plugin information: true/false is based on code being present in EP4 to recognize and associate a field with a "plugin". The addtion of a field to the user defined fields will not modify the existence of a "true/false" field on the right side. It will only modify the list of fields identified in the user defined field. Further, the user defined field is only associated with the products table (at this tiime) therefore if the additional field of any plugin, modifies say the categories table, the user defined field will not assost in retrieviing that field.
    I have read your comment more than a dozen times and I do not understand what you have put.

Drilling down to admin/configuration/Easy Populate 4/User Defined Products Fields inserted 'Products Cost' which the plugin (Product_Cost_Display) is used to add the cost to me in the products page.

I then go to admin/tools/Easy Populate 4 and on the right hand side under 'User Defined Products Fields:' is the title I put in under admin/configuration/Easy Populate 4/User Defined Products Fields but it is showing 'False'.

Now I understand a bit of what you have put however, do I need to re-install 'Product_Cost_Display' for EP4 to see or what?

Plugin Contributions

I have read your comment more than a dozen times and I do not understand what you have put.

Drilling down to admin/configuration/Easy Populate 4/User Defined Products Fields inserted 'Products Cost' which the plugin (Product_Cost_Display) is used to add the cost to me in the products page.

I then go to admin/tools/Easy Populate 4 and on the right hand side under 'User Defined Products Fields:' is the title I put in under admin/configuration/Easy Populate 4/User Defined Products Fields but it is showing 'False'.

Now I understand a bit of what you have put however, do I need to re-install 'Product_Cost_Display' for EP4 to see or what?
    The information needed to know is 1) what is the exact name of the field(s) added by your plugin, and 2) to what table(s) does it add the field(s)?

Let's assume the name of the field is product_cost_display and that the field is added to the products table. If that is the case, then the field will appear in the export and will also be imported (when present) to the database when working with the full products type import/export file once the user defined field includes: product_cost_display.

Take it one step at a time:
    If there is a field in the products table to be used, then goto the configuration->ep4->user defined field.
    Add each field that is in the products table that is not normally exported with each field separated by a comma.
    Goto tools->ep4, export the full products data and will see the values associated with the field(s) that were added.

EP4 does not "detect" software installation, it generally looks for fields to exist in the database for "known" plugins or attempts to pull data based on what the user has entered as a custom field.

Plugin Contributions

Help. Newbie here and I love the simplicity of using easy populate but my images are showing up small distorted when new products are added using easy populate. Tried Image handler. Only way they get fixed is if I go in open product to edit and click update. Any help would be appreciated. My site is www.thedragonskeep.net check out the witchcraft/pagan books & calendars category pretty sure some there that are waiting for me to fix.
    Thanks
    Sandria