Page 225 of 361 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 3605
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Now, all *that* said, if you have taken some time to read through the documentation or installed the application, you would have seen that there are some filenames that are "triggers" or do specific actions. For example a specials file causes different operation than a full product file. This has to do with the internal tables and ties between data and the tables. One thing that has made EP4 a bit of a powerhouse is that the queries and data are focused on the task rather than having large queries with lots of data. Your extra product table fields can be added and should be processed as discovered in the data file.
    Pretty much the second I hit Post - i realized I had not included version details - my apology - circumstances did not allow me to "fix that"

Thank you for your response, it will be helpful.

Wheat

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wheat View Post
    Pretty much the second I hit Post - i realized I had not included version details - my apology - circumstances did not allow me to "fix that"

Thank you for your response, it will be helpful.

Wheat
    That's no problem, I realize you're shopping around to find the application that works for your situation.

I really look forward to posting this as a plugin although chadder and I have spoken about and begun a more html related documentation. It's been several years now in the making of that and to be honest, with the other questions that still arise routinely, it doesn't seem like it would make much difference as in most cases (I wouldn't necessarily say that those you have asked directly apply) the answer is in the existing documentation.

I have a few things that would help tie the process together like posted in the last couple of pages, but I think that 4.0.33 will be a good kick off point for that. Then the bookx addon will be able to follow suit. It's incorporation is nearly complete, there's just some other things that are being worked on to make it a better middle step between manual entry and bulk upload...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Recommendations on how to get a sample file?
    Forums are for helping people!! if you don't want to help people then shut up and get off the forum!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by outeredge2 View Post
    Recommendations on how to get a sample file?
    I always love this question.

Export something from your database. :) no better sample than what comes out. :)

Plugin Contributions

I am using version Easy Populate 4.0.32 - Beta 12-30-2015. Where does CURRENT_TIMESTAMP get it's value from ? When I leave the v_date_added field blank the product shows "This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 30 November, 1999." If I export the products in Easy Pop I see 0000-00-00 00:00:00 in v_date_added
    Henry

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by henry3 View Post
    I am using version Easy Populate 4.0.32 - Beta 12-30-2015. Where does CURRENT_TIMESTAMP get it's value from ? When I leave the v_date_added field blank the product shows "This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 30 November, 1999." If I export the products in Easy Pop I see 0000-00-00 00:00:00 in v_date_added
    Henry
    Well, blank is 0, if wanted. Now. As the value that would/should be supported though it may not now be supported because of the rewrite to use bindVars, I'll have to take a look. The other factor to consider though is in fact how to handle having the date field in the file with a blank entry. Btw, what php version is being used in this situation?

Also, although both need to be addressed, was this an insert or an update?

Plugin Contributions

It was on importing a new product. PHP ver 5.5. I would assume if the date is blank in the import file it should default to current date, which is what the code appears to be doing. I assume CURRENT_TIMESTAMP was a Zen Cart global at one time ?
    Henry

Plugin Contributions

It was on importing a new product. PHP ver 5.5. I would assume if the date is blank in the import file it should default to current date, which is what the code appears to be doing. I assume CURRENT_TIMESTAMP was a Zen Cart global at one time ?
    Henry
    CURRENT_TMESTAMP actually is a mysql constant. One problem though is that because the field is present, the value of the field overrides the "internally" generated possible value. The other issue is that a "blank" date time should be 0001-01-01 ish. Not all 0's. That was corrected for a different condition elsewhere but not this one.

Plugin Contributions

It's also odd if I put a value 2016-03-01 09:00:00 in v_date_added, it doesn't show up, but the same value in v_date_avail works correctly. If both values are filled, the v_date_avail doesn't import either.

Plugin Contributions

It's also odd if I put a value 2016-03-01 09:00:00 in v_date_added, it doesn't show up, but the same value in v_date_avail works correctly. If both values are filled, the v_date_avail doesn't import either.
    Well a date avail in the past even in a product info page acts "oddly" but when reviewing the history it makes sense... The field is intended to prevent the product from being displayed until the date available has passed then it "clears" the field. I forget if it wipes it or sets it to 0001-01-01 or not. As to the "proper" usage of the populating a date I'll take a look. Was this again an insert evolution or an update? Also, is it sure that the entry hasn't caused or is associated with having a linked product? I'll be ndependently testing either way, but might explain some of what is/was seen.