Page 226 of 361 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 3606
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

I was importing new products on my development site. The work around is just to put the current date in v_date_avail and leave v_date_added blank

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by henry3 View Post
    I was importing new products on my development site. The work around is just to put the current date in v_date_available
    Ahem... What about the more obvious, don't include the current date field?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

If I leave both date fields blank on import the product page shows "This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 30 November, 1999." The table shows products_date_added 0000-00-00 00:00:00 products_last_modified 2016-03-02 18:53:47 products_date_available 0000-00-00 00:00:00

Plugin Contributions

If I leave both date fields blank on import the product page shows "This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 30 November, 1999." The table shows products_date_added 0000-00-00 00:00:00 products_last_modified 2016-03-02 18:53:47 products_date_available 0000-00-00 00:00:00
    I didn't say leave the row blank, I said completely don't include the field. The entire column. No column, no data from the spreadsheet to do anything with, default coding takes over...

Plugin Contributions

I deleted both date columns,made a new record, and date added and available still show in the database as all zeros

Plugin Contributions

I deleted both date columns,made a new record, and date added and available still show in the database as all zeros
    I believe 4.0.32 has been fixed... A combination of things between using bindVars to generate a string (adds quotes around text) when instead it was occasionally desired for it to not have quotes, blank data in some cases was allowed to be all 0's instead of the ZC "empty date", etc.. The few lines needing to be corrected in the import file have been adjusted... To obtain the specific changes, can goto: https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPo...13db201c774f5f

Plugin Contributions

I think this was happening to me too. But my situation is a little different cause I'm making changes as you know, so I haven't payed much attention to that, because It's another product type, and didn't know what was doing what.

I actually posted my doubts in bookx thread in #post1304799

But then for some reason things start working, but I read this and looking now at some exports files all I got 0000 too. So I didn't quite understood if this was happening on admin product insert, or in the imports / exports.

As I said, just saying that I've seen this, but it's not very relevant has I'm messing around with ep4 ad database a lot, and haven't tested only this field.
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

I believe when importing the products ordered qty's are being reset to zero. I used this module a couple months back to import some custom fields and just noticed these were reset and I did not reset them. T compared to a backup from before I did the import and the only different between my active database file and the backup are the fields I imported.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    I think this was happening to me too. But my situation is a little different cause I'm making changes as you know, so I haven't payed much attention to that, because It's another product type, and didn't know what was doing what.

I actually posted my doubts in bookx thread in #post1304799

But then for some reason things start working, but I read this and looking now at some exports files all I got 0000 too. So I didn't quite understood if this was happening on admin product insert, or in the imports / exports.

As I said, just saying that I've seen this, but it's not very relevant has I'm messing around with ep4 ad database a lot, and haven't tested only this field.
    Nope it was a real thing resulting from the switch to using bindVars and not properly incorporating the "alternative" data 1) the constant was being turned into a text statement rather than presented as a sql constant, 2) 0 was entered as the date entered instead of the ZC 0001-01-01 which was a condition of this software from original development. Both situations ought to now be addressed in 4.0.32 or by applying the patch referenced above.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
    I believe when importing the products ordered qty's are being reset to zero. I used this module a couple months back to import some custom fields and just noticed these were reset and I did not reset them. T compared to a backup from before I did the import and the only different between my active database file and the backup are the fields I imported.
    Not sure I understand the results that are being described. Ordered quantities as tracked by default ZC are in no way touched or addressed by this plugin. That data is collected from the orders table and there is currently no facility to write to that table or any related table.

Now on issues with user defined fields, I was going to look at how the code responds if the user defined field is present, but the field is not identified in the import file just to validate that the row data for that field is not modified, but there is no control if the field is present in the import file and the user has decided to leave the field blank. In that situation the code would work as expected by updating the record to be blank as it is/was in the import file.

So, could use a little more clarification of the perceived issue in order to provide a solution either by code or direction.