Page 228 of 361 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 3604
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Have pushed version 4.0.33 to github at: https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPopulate-4.0

Here is the changelog:
    4.0.33 02-29-2016 Added a filter to prevent custom field entries from being overwritten on import if
    the import file doesn't include the field. If the field is in the import file,
    but the data for the row is blank, then the data for that field will be cleared. If
    the field is not present, then any data that exists for that field will remain
    intact whether the admin->configuration->Easy Populate 4->User Defined Fields is
    populated or blank.
    Added some "folder" functionality to force the selection of the import file being in the
    admin directory if catalog was selected and the entered path really points to
    the admin directory. This functionality occurs in the configuration window as
    well as when accessing EP4 for any operation.
    Removed the bypassed code in admin/includes/functions/extra_functions that previously
    was used for export formatting. This code was incorporated into a module file
    in 4.0.32.
    Added notifiers throughout to support extending the code to support other bulk related
    data. Specifically targeted bookx.
    Corrected the use of importing date_available and date_added as this had been affected
    by use of bindVars without consideration of potential values.
    Added a .htaccess file that only includes permission for .csv and .txt files based off
    of the admin/.htaccess file available from ZC 1.5.4.
    Updated instructions to add some additional considerations.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

EasyPopulate v4 4.0.33 has been submitted to the ZC forum as a plugin that if accepted can be found at https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2068

In an upcoming version would expect to add version checking based on that file location.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update. I don't know if anyone else would be interested in having you adding an ISBN to the supported mods. I just copied the code from the UPC mod and used v_products_isbn and inserted it right after the UPC mod. Just a fyi you can also use <FilesMatch "(?i).*\.(?i:csv|txt)$"> in the .htaccess

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by henry3 View Post
    Thanks for the update. I don't know if anyone else would be interested in having you adding an ISBN to the supported mods. I just copied the code from the UPC mod and used v_products_isbn and inserted it right after the UPC mod. Just a fyi you can also use <FilesMatch "(?i).*\.(?i:csv|txt)$"> in the .htaccess
    So I can't recall where I had seen ISBN "incorporated", I thought it was in the german version of the program and I had done some form of research on it to see what was expected/proposed or something and thought that there was some idea to "remove" it, but I certainly wouldn't hang my hat on that.

It is the relative "simplicity" of this plugin that has the ability to do so much/save time that has kept me with it. As can be seen it is relatively easy to add other "supported" mods to it. Even without the "support" indication, having the user defined field populated with products_isbn is sufficient to "support" the mod.

Plugin Contributions

Must say "What a GREAT addon.. set up my zen cart with over 4500+ products in under 3 hours converting an xml feed from my supplier.. saved me weeks of work.....

question.. if I need to update product descriptions can I do it with a csv using just the v_products_model and v_products_description_1 ....and have nothing else change in the database???

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hivtop View Post
    Must say "What a GREAT addon.. set up my zen cart with over 4500+ products in under 3 hours converting an xml feed from my supplier.. saved me weeks of work.....

question.. if I need to update product descriptions can I do it with a csv using just the v_products_model and v_products_description_1 ....and have nothing else change in the database???
    That has become the expectation (if using version 4.0.33+). Version 4.0.29 may be able to work that way, but I can not recall at the moment. As suggested, backup the database before trying, then if it doesn't work, post here and restore the database. As always suggested such "new process" attempts should be tested on a development site first, then when proven good to use on the live site.

If it doesn't work, it will not work in a major way that will be obvious, like all product_names being blank. But, other data, like price, quantity, etc. Ought to remain untouched/unmodified.

Do remember that model # must be unique, otherwise the last version of the text will replace any previous for that model #.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 8 Mar 2016 at 09:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    EasyPopulate v4 4.0.33 has been submitted to the ZC forum as a plugin that if accepted can be found at https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2068

In an upcoming version would expect to add version checking based on that file location.
    The link did not work. Is there another link for the updated download?
    Katrina Robb
    KatalinaKlark.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by katrobb View Post
    The link did not work. Is there another link for the updated download?
    Absolutely, it's posted several times throughout this thread in the last several pages, if you're familiar with github, then one could find it by following the link on the first page, and the reason that the above link doesn't yet work is that the plugin moderator(s) haven't yet approved EP4 for it's first release as a ZC plugin. All in due time.

As for a directish link to download that current version, https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPopulate-4.0.

Plugin Contributions

Just installed the latest version Easy Populate 4.0.33 - Beta 02-29-2016

In admin when I goto Tools/Easy Populate 4

The below error gets logged:

[11-Mar-2016 19:34:24 America/New_York] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /var/www/zencart/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 42

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
    Just installed the latest version Easy Populate 4.0.33 - Beta 02-29-2016

In admin when I goto Tools/Easy Populate 4

The below error gets logged:

[11-Mar-2016 19:34:24 America/New_York] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /var/www/zencart/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 42
    I would expect that to be because the plugin has not received approval yet. Therefore. The code as written for plugin_support receives null when trying to reach that download location and that. Throws off the code... A little surprised that condition isn't directly addressed, but having it logged. Does at least provide the store owner with some information to investigate.