Page 253 of 361 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by giancalr View Post
    Hello, my question is this, but if I want to add products to existing ones, there is a blank template in order to submit the new products? and the id of these products as are placed, in succession to the existing ones? Thank you
    The best template is to create one from your own store. Export the full store for example and you can see what information is used to describe your product.

As to the products_id and numbering. If you use the model# then yes the products_id is expected to be the next available products_id basically using the database tables definition of what is next. (autogenerated number) if you use products_id as your unique identifier, then autogeneration only occurs when the selection of blank_new is made in the configuration window and the field is left blank on import. Otherwise the product will take the products_id that is assigned for that row.

It is relatively versatile and has many ways to accomplish the desired task even if there are a few things still on which to improve.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

zc1.5.5a upgraded site hosted on a CentOS 6.7 server running php5.3.3
    EP4 Config and import error screenshots attached
    EasyPopulate-4.0-4.0.35.ZC acquired from github here
    https://github.com/chaddro/EasyPopulate-4.0

exported complete products csv for template Full-EP2016Jun13-1301.csv
    confirmed categories exist
    confirmed syntax for category^subcategory
    confirmed date syntax
    not using SBA
    created single product csv for import ClassesForEveryone.csv
    getting errors for character limit of category and sub category on import
    tried increasing character limit for these fields in MySQL as suggested in earlier posts from this thread. I still get error like op.
    category name and sub category names character count does not exceed limits but I still get error and import fails
    What am I missing?

Should this version of EP4 work with zc1.5.5a? If not is there a roadmap for when it will? And or is there a version of EP4 that is known to work with a specific version of ZC1.5x?

Thank you for your hard work on this mod. My client who owns this shop had been using 1.2.5.7 in zc1.3.9h for many years without issue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 10.52.54 AM.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	16429

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 10.52.30 AM.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	16430

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by groovypockets View Post
    zc1.5.5a upgraded site hosted on a CentOS 6.7 server running php5.3.3
    EP4 Config and import error screenshots attached
    EasyPopulate-4.0-4.0.35.ZC acquired from github here
    https://github.com/chaddro/EasyPopulate-4.0

exported complete products csv for template Full-EP2016Jun13-1301.csv
    confirmed categories exist
    confirmed syntax for category^subcategory
    confirmed date syntax
    not using SBA
    created single product csv for import ClassesForEveryone.csv
    getting errors for character limit of category and sub category on import
    tried increasing character limit for these fields in MySQL as suggested in earlier posts from this thread. I still get error like op.
    category name and sub category names character count does not exceed limits but I still get error and import fails
    What am I missing?

Should this version of EP4 work with zc1.5.5a? If not is there a roadmap for when it will? And or is there a version of EP4 that is known to work with a specific version of ZC1.5x?

Thank you for your hard work on this mod. My client who owns this shop had been using 1.2.5.7 in zc1.3.9h for many years without issue.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 10.52.54 AM.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	16429

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 10.52.30 AM.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	16430
    Huh... Hard to believe it, but apparently there was an incomplete thought in the code when trying to add this type of check for both UTF-8 related databases/stores as well as for those not (BTW, highly suggest running the DB2UTF8 upgrade on your clients computer unless they have a specific reason to not use UTF8 and to update the configure.php files, the language file(s), and I think there is one other location that needs to be updated, though the plugin should identify those for you.)

So, in admin/easypopulate_4_import.php
    line 1138 change from:
    Code:
                    if ((function_exists('mb_strlen') && mb_strlen($categories_names_array[$lang['id']][$category_index]) > $categories_name_max_len) || (!function_exists('mb_strlen') && strlen($categories_names_array[$lang['id']][$category_index]))) {
    To:
    Code:
                    if ((function_exists('mb_strlen') && mb_strlen($categories_names_array[$lang['id']][$category_index]) > $categories_name_max_len) || (!function_exists('mb_strlen') && strlen($categories_names_array[$lang['id']][$category_index]) > $categories_name_max_len)) {
    As to operation with ZC 1.5.5.a, it does, though again one of the things primarily expected in ZC 1.5.5.a is that all things database relate to UTF-8 or as applicable utf8...

Plugin Contributions

Correction shown here.

And sorry, I may have gotten ahead of myself about the database not being in UTF-8... It would appear that really it is that one or more multibyte related functions are not present which is not necessarily indicative of UTF-8 support. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 14 Jun 2016 at 07:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I think you might be onto something actually with the UTF8 thing. The product descriptions are full of special character issues after I upgraded to 1.5.5a. The client does use MS Excel even though I've advised them not to. However, in the older version of EP we were able to work out a workflow that allowed them to use MS Excel.

Anyhow when creating the copy of the db I accepted the defaults for encoding and coalition. I'm not even sure what the system defaults are for either. I'm going to try an upgrade explicitly defining these before importing the db and executing the upgrade. I'll post back here when I get there with my findings. Good to know it's expected to work in 1.5.5a. Thanks for the quick response!
    Last edited by groovypockets; 15 Jun 2016 at 07:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by groovypockets View Post
    I think you might be onto something actually with the UTF8 thing. The product descriptions are full of special character issues after I upgraded to 1.5.5a. The client does use MS Excel even though I've advised them not to. However, in the older version of EP we were able to work out a workflow that allowed them to use MS Excel.

Anyhow when creating the copy of the db I accepted the defaults for encoding and coalition. I'm not even sure what the system defaults are for either. I'm going to try an upgrade explicitly defining these before importing the db and executing the upgrade. I'll post back here when I get there with my findings. Good to know it's expected to work in 1.5.5a. Thanks for the quick response!
    There are some filters included/incorporated here as well. There are some Internet instructions about how to "truly" export a csv file from Excel which involves several steps when I last looked at it. Otherwise from report by others it can be done from Excel. When I was doing some testing a long while back the biggest heartache was the date format and converting/setting it to the php format of YYYY-MM-DD (which BTW, is a great sequence to support sorting by date). Anyways, Excel tends to offer date/time in a more "convenient" format for example xx Mon YY or Mon xx, YY.

I do plan to add the ability to switch to tab delimitation from within the admin in the near future, but in the mean time you could modify the variable at the top of admin/easypopulate_4.php to use "\t" instead of ","

A lot of different options, just some things have been left in the background instead of adding all types of "features"

Plugin Contributions

Using Easy Populate 4.0.28 - Beta 01-03-2015. I have over 25K items in my inventory. While attempting to download my complete inventory file I get the error message

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Refresh the screen with same result. When I go back I find 2 files of different file sizes - 10885815 and 10370426. When looking at these files some of my newly added items with Easy Populate are missing. To get those I must use the filters when downloading. When I download those smaller files everything works ok.

I also cannot use the search to find these newly added items. The wesbsite search for customers works fine. If I want to make a change to the listing I must pick pages and go up or down to find the item.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by keith z View Post
    Using Easy Populate 4.0.28 - Beta 01-03-2015. I have over 25K items in my inventory. While attempting to download my complete inventory file I get the error message

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Refresh the screen with same result. When I go back I find 2 files of different file sizes - 10885815 and 10370426. When looking at these files some of my newly added items with Easy Populate are missing. To get those I must use the filters when downloading. When I download those smaller files everything works ok.

I also cannot use the search to find these newly added items. The wesbsite search for customers works fine. If I want to make a change to the listing I must pick pages and go up or down to find the item.
    What is the characterset for your database, in your includes/configure.php, in your includes/languages, etc?

EP4 uses UTF-8, using/having Latin-xxxx or other such character sets may cause the search issue identified.

The "error" is related to processing time. There is a setting in the configuration window for this as well I believe ZC has a similar setting (overrides or attempts to override the php.ini assignment). Because the category is smaller than the entire catalog this is why such "individual" downloads are successful. And yes, a "second" download tends to be created with a separate time stamp in the filename. The missing "newly" uploaded EP4 items from the download is because the new items have a higher products_id than the point at which the timeout occurs and therefore not included in the large single file download.

Another factor of consideration was the extent of content upload.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What is the characterset for your database, in your includes/configure.php, in your includes/languages, etc?

EP4 uses UTF-8, using/having Latin-xxxx or other such character sets may cause the search issue identified.

The "error" is related to processing time. There is a setting in the configuration window for this as well I believe ZC has a similar setting (overrides or attempts to override the php.ini assignment). Because the category is smaller than the entire catalog this is why such "individual" downloads are successful. And yes, a "second" download tends to be created with a separate time stamp in the filename. The missing "newly" uploaded EP4 items from the download is because the new items have a higher products_id than the point at which the timeout occurs and therefore not included in the large single file download. From the configuration/Easy Populate 4 screen.

Another factor of consideration was the extent of content upload.
    From the easy populate screen - Internal Character Encoding: ISO-8859-1 DB Collation: latin1. From the file includes/configure.php - define('DB_CHARSET', 'latin1'). From includes/languages, etc. I cannot help because you file not give a file name and I do not know where to look for etc.

I have changed the Script Execution Time to 100000 seconds. No change as the error screen still comes up when downloading the complete inventory file.

Plugin Contributions

The other language file would be either:
    Includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/YOUR_TEMPLATE/locale.php
    Or
    Includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/locale.php
    Or English in place of YOUR_LANGUAGE in the above order of precedence.

Have you considered converting your database to utf-8 using the plugin db2utf8? Is this something your business target could support or is latin1 required to support operation?