Page 259 of 361 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3606
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

I may have worked a way around my problem and stopped the multiple variants of the same attribues.
    i was using open office. make attribues and delete the old ones and upload, save as Attrib-Basic_EP using edit filter setting. long winded but work a couple of times now. May have to learn to back up every time i upload.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Tile Mural Store UK View Post
    I may have worked a way around my problem and stopped the multiple variants of the same attribues.
    i was using open office. make attribues and delete the old ones and upload, save as Attrib-Basic_EP using edit filter setting. long winded but work a couple of times now. May have to learn to back up every time i upload.
    Ummm. Thing is the attribute basic filter for import will not process if the file is named with the underscore just before EP... instead the file will be treated as a full upload. As said before there is a patch to be applied for attribute importing that may apply to your issue otherwise.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

I have just uploaded the CSV file that Easy Populate made for me. Two issues;

still dropping all directories if there are no products in that folder
    &
    it does not save the tax class value. After the upload both the Products Price Net & Gross are the same value.
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    I have just uploaded the CSV file that Easy Populate made for me. Two issues;

still dropping all directories if there are no products in that folder
    &
    it does not save the tax class value. After the upload both the Products Price Net & Gross are the same value.
    I've gone back to review the past reported posts you've made to try again to understand what is meant by "dropping directories", what I understand you to reference is categories (not directories). As to "dropping categories", I'm not sure I understand what is happening to be able to provide further guidance (though I wish to so that the issue/understanding can be resolved).

As far as the tax class "value"... The process uses the tax class name as entered in the database (it does not generate a new one automatically) to look up the tax_class_id and then to assign the tax_class_id to the product upon import. If the tax class name that is in the import file does not match the tax_class_name in the database, then no "change" will be made to the tax_class_id "field". Although I didn't search deeply for this aspect, but because the products_tax_class_id exists in the product table, if you know add the tax_class_id into your import file (field: v_products_tax_class_id) and add products_tax_class_id to the user defined fields in the configuration menu, then these values should be updated/output when such is desired to be provided/addressed.

I assume that the display of the same values for net and gross is abnormal for the store's current setup? Meaning that if you manually set a tax class to a product then entered a price in either field that the other field does update to reflect the with/without tax price? (Just one of those checks to be sure that the software is setup as expected and not that this program has caused something, especially since this type of "test" is something I would do if I were "in front" of the computer screen.)

Back to my understanding of the "dropping directories" issue and other discussion from before. The Categories Only (with metatags) addresses the data specific to a category. It's category description, it's category name, the image associated with the category, etc... In a way it has nothing to do with the product that is in that category, just the category itself. When reviewing product associated with a category, the category_1 field (or similar number) is populated with the category "tree" for that product and is expected to be provided in the language related to the number (in this case 1). The branches of the tree are made by using the carat (^) symbol (character between () is the ^). So if you had a product like a t-shirt that is in the shirts sub-category which is in the men category then the category listing could be something like: men^shirts^t-shirt and that would populate the product into that category. If the category(ies) didn't exist, then they would be created with the parent being the category to the left of the referenced category.

With regards to using the dropdowns at the top of the screen. If nothing is done with the status dropdown, then only active product will be exported which is the same for the next selection of active. Then there is the inactive product and lastly all product. The filters only adjust what is exported when clicking the export button next to that group of dropdowns. Those filters do not affect the clickable links that are below the dropdowns.

Plugin Contributions

Bloody hell you have written a lot. I will take a copy, read it tonight and get back to you.
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Bloody hell you have written a lot. I will take a copy, read it tonight and get back to you.
    Had 2 options. Write a little about nothing, or provide information on what I think I understand. :) either way probably did or would have missed the mark. :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Had 2 options. Write a little about nothing, or provide information on what I think I understand. :) either way probably did or would have missed the mark. :)
    I have put a response together, would you like me to MP you, or put it in here?
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

I have put a response together, would you like me to MP you, or put it in here?
    If it's a hate message or otherwise doesn't meet the general posting policy, better via PM. If it is something to discuss the operation of EP4, others are likely to gain something from it and could/should be posted here. :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If it's a hate message or otherwise doesn't meet the general posting policy, better via PM. If it is something to discuss the operation of EP4, others are likely to gain something from it and could/should be posted here. :)
    Not worth the effort to send a hate message.

The first bit about the missing ‘Tax Class’ and ‘products Price’ my own stupid fault and I have fixed that.

Sorry for the missing understanding. It is terminology that I used when I was a Network manager here in the UK.

I did a backup of my store and with problems beyond my control I had to re-build my store and used that backup to populate my new store.
    When you go admin->catalog->CATEGORIES / PRODUCTS – TOP you are presented with column titles of ‘ID’ ‘Categories/Products’, ‘Model’, ‘Price/Special/Sale’, ‘Quantity’, ‘Status’, ‘Sort’ and ‘Action’.

If you have anything written in ‘Categories/Products’ and value in ‘Quantity’ for example 63 of 63, then all of the ‘Categories/Products’ are backed up so that when you need to upload the backup all is put back so you will get ‘Categories/Products’ and value in ‘Quantity’ 63 of 63 and all is well.

However, if you have one product ‘Out of stock the ‘Quantity’ for the ‘Categories/Products’ will display 62 of 63. Then after a backup and you want to use that backup, the ‘Out of Stock’ product is not there and the value in ‘Quantity’ will be 62 of 62. Therefore, the ‘out of stock’ product or then products will be lost (not backed up).

Also, if you have ‘set up’ the drill down of ‘Categories/Products’ for example Shoes->color->blue->sizes but do not put any products under sizes, then the ‘Categories/Products’ sizes is not backed up, so that when you use your backup the ‘Categories/Products’ sizes will not be there.

I hope this helps you.
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Not worth the effort to send a hate message.

The first bit about the missing ‘Tax Class’ and ‘products Price’ my own stupid fault and I have fixed that.

Sorry for the missing understanding. It is terminology that I used when I was a Network manager here in the UK.

I did a backup of my store and with problems beyond my control I had to re-build my store and used that backup to populate my new store.
    When you go admin->catalog->CATEGORIES / PRODUCTS – TOP you are presented with column titles of ‘ID’ ‘Categories/Products’, ‘Model’, ‘Price/Special/Sale’, ‘Quantity’, ‘Status’, ‘Sort’ and ‘Action’.

If you have anything written in ‘Categories/Products’ and value in ‘Quantity’ for example 63 of 63, then all of the ‘Categories/Products’ are backed up so that when you need to upload the backup all is put back so you will get ‘Categories/Products’ and value in ‘Quantity’ 63 of 63 and all is well.

However, if you have one product ‘Out of stock the ‘Quantity’ for the ‘Categories/Products’ will display 62 of 63. Then after a backup and you want to use that backup, the ‘Out of Stock’ product is not there and the value in ‘Quantity’ will be 62 of 62. Therefore, the ‘out of stock’ product or then products will be lost (not backed up).

Also, if you have ‘set up’ the drill down of ‘Categories/Products’ for example Shoes->color->blue->sizes but do not put any products under sizes, then the ‘Categories/Products’ sizes is not backed up, so that when you use your backup the ‘Categories/Products’ sizes will not be there.

I hope this helps you.

So, issues described that remain a problem are on the store front, and store front only?

One thing before possibly describing what's going on, again want to say that EP4 is not exactly a backup tool... It's original purpose appears to have been to make import of bulk product such as those provided by a "vendor" easy and quick, then it changed a little to make it easy to manipulate the data in the database in a bulk manner (increase/decrease all prices by a certain amount), but not strictly as a backup tool (there are other more dedicated programs to do that). So, that PA made. :)

The export of the "Full product data" will include all active (v_status = 1) and inactive (v_status = 0) product. The same is true if using the dropdowns at the top of the screen provided the last one (status) is set to "All".

On import, all rows that meet the primary key criteria (default: products_model) will be imported. Based on the settings in the admin configuration->Easy Populate 4 at the setting Make Zero Qty Products Inactive: When uploading, make the status Inactive for products with zero qty (default: false). If this has been changed to true, then on upload of the out-of-stock product, the product will become deactivated and the total quantity of product per category will decrease.

Now, the default for that setting is false, which means that product with zero quantity are to be uploaded and remain "active" to the store visitor(s). Mind you, there is one "issue" discussed over the last couple of pages that relates to populating some other areas of the database (still need to write the other two solutions I have considered for "restoring" from that situation) such as manufacturers. The described issue though seems to be something a little different.

See if setting the Make Zero Qty Products Inactive option to false resolves your issue, otherwise need to find out more about your products table I think. If it does not resolve the issue, could you (maybe again?) post the settings you have for EP4?