Page 260 of 361 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3604
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Sorry but you are correct, very new to ZC, which new application do you suggest I transition to.

Thanks,

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So, issues described that remain a problem are on the store front, and store front only?.......
    No this problem is in the back office.

I will investigate and get back. It is a pity that EP4 is not for a store backup, it would make a perfect package to do both bulk upload and backup.
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    No this problem is in the back office.

I will investigate and get back. It is a pity that EP4 is not for a store backup, it would make a perfect package to do both bulk upload and backup.
    The only time that a product is removed from the database when using EP4 is if the status is set to 9 for the product. Otherwise, whatever is in the file and meets the criteria to be imported will and the total quantity of items currently in the database will not be reduced (unless the status was set to 9 for a product).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

zc 1.5.5a EP4.0.35 many mods

I've very very noob on this. I've installed and configured the mod in my test site and seems in order to my untrained eye.

I've exported my db and it shows up in my admin/temp folder with filename FUll-EP2016Jul18-xxxxxx (x being numeral)

The file opens in Open Office Calc (which I'm also noob to but have some basic exp with other spreadsheets)

What I want to do is add/populate Meta titles, words, descriptions for existing individual products. No other changes. I see the appropriate columns in the spreadsheet.

I've read the readme, install notes and the wiki but I'm still unclear...

1. Do I delete the columns from the spreadsheet that I am not changing or do I leave them. (ie if I have only model number and meta text columns, and meta on/off columns will I end up overwriting the entire kit and caboodle.)

2. And, if deleting the columns that aren't being changed is ok, what name would I call the new file I make with the meta info. ( I see some sample naming conventions for featured and other type files but not for this particular example)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    zc 1.5.5a EP4.0.35 many mods

I've very very noob on this. I've installed and configured the mod in my test site and seems in order to my untrained eye.

I've exported my db and it shows up in my admin/temp folder with filename FUll-EP2016Jul18-xxxxxx (x being numeral)

The file opens in Open Office Calc (which I'm also noob to but have some basic exp with other spreadsheets)

What I want to do is add/populate Meta titles, words, descriptions for existing individual products. No other changes. I see the appropriate columns in the spreadsheet.

I've read the readme, install notes and the wiki but I'm still unclear...

1. Do I delete the columns from the spreadsheet that I am not changing or do I leave them. (ie if I have only model number and meta text columns, and meta on/off columns will I end up overwriting the entire kit and caboodle.)

2. And, if deleting the columns that aren't being changed is ok, what name would I call the new file I make with the meta info. ( I see some sample naming conventions for featured and other type files but not for this particular example)
    The instructions were written with a slight air of ambiguity about the specific columns because of the way EP4 can be modified and that then the instructions would be "wrong". The first guidance is as you have done, try to see what the code will do if setup to have "just" what you want. Recently a lot was done to only modify the fields of a record that were included in the file. Regarding main products and categories only the products and/or categories in the import file are touched by the code. Uploading product x will not delete products y and z nor modify their data...

As to the filename. The filename is like a configuration setting. Files named one of the "special" filenames are treated uniquely, any other filename is processed as a full import. The important part of the filename is everything up to and including -ep when read from left to right. Best to leave that part unchanged (capitalization does not matter) and as desired/necessary to modify anything/everything after that and leave .csv at the end (extension).

Plugin Contributions

I am running 1.5.5
    I have successfully uploaded many products using EP4

I first created one item with all the attributes/options needed.
    The exported list of options for this item is 98 lines long.
    I changed the model number to one that needs the options loaded.
    After I uploaded the attributes/options for this item it give me the message that the file was imported
    But none of the attributes/options are displaying on the item
    I have tried both Basic and Complete versions of the attributes file downloads as the basis for my uploads.

Any suggestions please!

These are the same for about 2000 of my items
    I really don't want to have to Key these in manually.

Plugin Contributions

Nevemind... I had to add the code changes to make it work.
    Since I have to create an upload file with 98 attributes per item, it's faster to use the Copy function in the attributes manager.
    This had been a total waste of time!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by munizjm View Post
    Nevemind... I had to add the code changes to make it work.
    Since I have to create an upload file with 98 attributes per item, it's faster to use the Copy function in the attributes manager.
    This had been a total waste of time!
    Sorry that there were difficulties in getting this version to work as desired. Regarding repeating attributes, copy and paste tends to work rather quickly. That said, there is not always just a single solution to all issues. There certainly are ways to dip and dive and get the in program copy method(s) to accomplish the desired task, but 1) glad you got it to work, and 2) glad you found a way to get your desired result.

Some of the strength of this/this option is more on repeating these types of modifications on a routine basis as in from a vendor that routinely provides attributable data, or if there is a need to perform some type of mass modification and doing so with a SQL statement doesn't seem easy/feasible, want to have some presentable document to show what the status was/should be after import, want to work off-line, etc... weakness(es)? Requires getting familiar with at least one new application if being used one time, is prone to user error in content modification, and repetitive information must be copied in some way rather than clicked through. (sorry last one is a stretch. )

Plugin Contributions

I have a problem:
    An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer
    and this:
    When executing:
    SHOW COLUMNS FROM products_with_attributes_stock
    MySQLi error 1146: Table 'instates_Vrsfnwp9bt9b1kjesfn908.products_with_attributes_stock' doesn't exist
    I attempted an upload and it says: File uploaded successfully: filenam.csv BUT no products are added. I did a test.... Downloaded the entire csv, deleted a product in the admin then uploaded the entire csv without editing.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Zencart version 1.5.4, linux server all other requirements seem to be "ok" on my servers.

Plugin Contributions

In your removal of Stock By Attributes you did not remove at least the define for the products_with_attributes_stock table which means you have files still on your system.

Besides revisiting your previous install of SBA to identify all of the files that should be removed or restored, to move forward with EP4 you would want to goto tools->developers toolkit, then search for: TABLE_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK then should find it in at least two locations one in the admin/includes/functions/extra_functions file and the other where it looks something like:
    Code:
    define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK', 'products_with_attributes_stock');