Page 266 of 361 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3604
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Hi,
    I am using ep for the first time.
    I have been able to import over 965 product with categories and parent categories.
    I am now trying to populate the atributes, but I can not make the ep to import the file.
    If I have ep create the files detailed and basic I can then reimport them without problems but if I empty the pproduct_attributes table in the bd then they can not be imported anymore.
    If I dwld the files, open them with openoffice using utf-8 save them and then reload them (without deleting the table products_attributes) they can be reimported.
    If I import the file detailed file created with open office I get the following error file SKIPPED! - Attribute Entry on : - Not Found! for each record present in the csv
    If I import the basic file created with open office I get the following error
    SKIPPED! - Model: XXXXXXXXXXXX - Not Found! Unable to apply attributes.
    for each record, but all the product models XXXXXXXXXXXX exists and if I make a search both from the shop and from the admin with the product model XXXXXXXXXXXX the producs are found.
    I have cheked the files bothe the one generated and the one I create with open office and as far as I can tell, they look exactly the same as far as the structure is involved.
    Can someone help?
    Thanks
    ciao from Italy
    enzo

Plugin Contributions

Hey Enzo, sorry for the delay in responding, I had spent some time trying to look back for the patches to this issue which are published in the thread; however, the simplest solution at the moment is to download and place the files from github found at: https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPopulate-4.0

I spent some time cleaning up some code last night to try to post a corrected version to the ZC site; however, what is there is functional and corrects the unfortunate issue that you have also come across as well as a few other things.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hello!

I am having a lot of trouble getting this to work...

When I export the file of 1 test item I manually added then import it (with no alterations, just scrolled down and clicked import) the file import well.

BUT when I opened that same file in Open Office and add one new product (only the model, name and description changed) There is an error.

I checked the error logs and it kept mentioning "MySQLi error 1364: Field 'categories_description' doesn't have a default value"

But in the template of the EP, there wasn't a field called "categories_description"

So I tried adding that in and still error...

I don't understand why. I even kept the file name.... What am I doing wrong?

Name:  EP_error.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  23.0 KB

Plugin Contributions

Dimsumgurl, each product when sent to be imported must be assigned to a category, otherwise where would it show up in the store? So to do that, a product is expected to have a category assigned to it. Further, if the category assigned doesn't exist (yet) then it is to be created. Thing with a category is that like a product with attributes, a category has several other characteristics. Those characteristics are/can be assigned separately from the product creation.

You mention that there was no categories_description field, in the import file, which is expectedly true, but was a v_category_name_X field present and populated with something? Where X represents the language number seen on the EP4 tools page on the right side?

It sounds like as the error message eludes, that a new category was generated, but the new category_description could not be assigned because the database is expecting either a value to be provided or a default value on the field.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Dimsumgurl, each product when sent to be imported must be assigned to a category, otherwise where would it show up in the store? So to do that, a product is expected to have a category assigned to it. Further, if the category assigned doesn't exist (yet) then it is to be created. Thing with a category is that like a product with attributes, a category has several other characteristics. Those characteristics are/can be assigned separately from the product creation.

You mention that there was no categories_description field, in the import file, which is expectedly true, but was a v_category_name_X field present and populated with something? Where X represents the language number seen on the EP4 tools page on the right side?

It sounds like as the error message eludes, that a new category was generated, but the new category_description could not be assigned because the database is expecting either a value to be provided or a default value on the field.
    Hey there!!

Thanks so much for your reply and detailed explanations! Yes the v_category_name_X field was present in the sheet with a category name under it. I will attached a link to the file so you can take a look. http://www.filedropper.com/full-ep2016sep23-231700

I removed the category and item and started from scratch by created a new category and item underneath it via admin.

I exported that and imported that same time (nothing altered) and it was fine.

When I opened that same file and added 1 new item under that line, i got an error

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dimsumgurl View Post
    Hey there!!

Thanks so much for your reply and detailed explanations! Yes the v_category_name_X field was present in the sheet with a category name under it. I will attached a link to the file so you can take a look. http://www.filedropper.com/full-ep2016sep23-231700

I removed the category and item and started from scratch by created a new category and item underneath it via admin.

I exported that and imported that same time (nothing altered) and it was fine.

When I opened that same file and added 1 new item under that line, i got an error
    So I uploaded that file and both product were added to my test store. Can you identify anything about your setup? Zc version, server info, php version?

At the moment I'm unable to reproduce the issue, but could see with the way that the categories_description field of the categories_description table that a server may have an issue with the lack of categories_description content, but in this case, the first use of the category is already fully defined or at least enough to then allow the second product to be inserted without having to define the category just add the product to that existing category.

I guess the other question to see/identify where an issue might exist is to identify the source/version of EP4.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Enzo, sorry for the delay in responding, I had spent some time trying to look back for the patches to this issue which are published in the thread; however, the simplest solution at the moment is to download and place the files from github found at: https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPopulate-4.0

I spent some time cleaning up some code last night to try to post a corrected version to the ZC site; however, what is there is functional and corrects the unfortunate issue that you have also come across as well as a few other things.
    This plug in is quite useful and complicate therefore you can expect to have troubles.
    Thanks for you help however and for this plug in. I love it.
    Ciao from Italy
    enzo

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by enzo-ita View Post
    This plug in is quite useful and complicate therefore you can expect to have troubles.
    Thanks for you help however and for this plug in. I love it.
    Ciao from Italy
    enzo
    Well, surprisingly (or perhaps not) the issues being addressed existed for a year and a half without report and was from a consistently applied error at the time of writing. Sadly the issue introduced is one that I have helped others work through with other plugins. Here, just didn't see the issue until a few months ago when someone pointed out how EP4 affected the database differently than a manual entry. Mind you the problem was also introduced/related to improving notification of database changes to try to support PCI tracking information.

Plugin Contributions

So I uploaded that file and both product were added to my test store. Can you identify anything about your setup? Zc version, server info, php version?

At the moment I'm unable to reproduce the issue, but could see with the way that the categories_description field of the categories_description table that a server may have an issue with the lack of categories_description content, but in this case, the first use of the category is already fully defined or at least enough to then allow the second product to be inserted without having to define the category just add the product to that existing category.

I guess the other question to see/identify where an issue might exist is to identify the source/version of EP4.
    Hello again!

So I did a clean install (just in case I messed something up from installing other plugins)

ZC 1.5.5a
    server info OS Linux.. (not sure what server info you need exactly.. let me know!)
    php version 5.3.29

I imported CSV of the default items that were loaded into the ZC store and opened in open office.

I removed all except 3 top lines of the sheet so I can try to add a new item under the first 3 items.

Everything was the same in terms of the description field, meta tag status etc. from the pre-loaded products

I just made a test model number and name.

I still got an error..

UPDATED! - Model: MG200MMS | 1 | matrox/mg2 | Matrox G20 | Reinforcin | www.matrox | | | | 299.99 | 23 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | | 2003-11-03 | 31 | Matrox | Hardware^G | Taxable Go | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | | |
    UPDATED! - Model: MG400-32MB | 1 | matrox/mg4 | Matrox G40 | Dramatical | www.matrox | | | | 499.99 | 23 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | | 2003-11-03 | 31 | Matrox | Hardware^G | Taxable Go | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | | |

ADD NEW PRODUCT FAILED! - Model: test - SQL error. Check Easy Populate error log in uploads directory

Now that when I checked the error log, it's a different one..

"MySQLi error 1366: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'products_discount_type' at row 1"

Is the CSV looking for ALL Fields present in the form? How do I customize the CVS headers so I don't have to input every single field? (Plus I would like to add a few since I will be using CAnada Post to ship the items which is measured by dimensions and weight.)

INSERT INTO products SET
    products_model = 'test',
    products_type = 1,
    products_price = '12.88', products_image = '',
    products_weight = '1',
    products_discount_type = '',
    products_discount_type_from = '',
    product_is_call = '0',
    products_sort_order = '0',
    products_quantity_order_min = 1,
    products_quantity_order_units = 1,
    products_priced_by_attribute = '0',
    product_is_always_free_shipping = '0',
    products_tax_class_id = 1,
    products_date_available = NULL,
    products_date_added = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
    products_last_modified = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
    products_quantity = 1,
    master_categories_id = 4,
    manufacturers_id = 1,
    products_status = '1',
    metatags_title_status = '0',
    metatags_products_name_status = '0',
    metatags_model_status = '0',
    metatags_price_status = '0',
    metatags_title_tagline_status = ''

Plugin Contributions

If the field along the top of the first row is present, then whatever data is provided below it will be attempted to be applied. If in this case the value is blank, then it will try to store a blank value. Relatively recently almost all fields have been made optional.

I'll take a look to see if that field when blank should default to 0 but the above still generally applies. I'm preparing a new version to post which addresses identified and discovered issues.