Page 272 of 361 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 3607
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

curious problem here. I installed EP4 to my test site. the configuration menu is not working. every item shows the "Uploads Directory" configuration setting, but the options are true / false not a text entry box. If I pick one of those, eavy item on the page is changed the that selection. All true or all false. That's just all kinds of wrong /smile/
    I did the uninstall option, deleted all the files, and deleted the configuration items left behind by a different version, and reinstalled the current cersion. same result.

version installed is: Easy Populate 4.0.36.ZC - 07-05-2016

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jsteggy View Post
    curious problem here. I installed EP4 to my test site. the configuration menu is not working. every item shows the "Uploads Directory" configuration setting, but the options are true / false not a text entry box. If I pick one of those, eavy item on the page is changed the that selection. All true or all false. That's just all kinds of wrong /smile/
    I did the uninstall option, deleted all the files, and deleted the configuration items left behind by a different version, and reinstalled the current cersion. same result.

version installed is: Easy Populate 4.0.36.ZC - 07-05-2016

Any ideas?
    Very curious indeed.

Did you happen to try logging out and then back in after trying the install?

What's really odd here is a few things:
    1) multiple configuration_key columns have been uploaded (which must all be unique otherwise would error out and not get imported)
    2) with each unique id the same "settings" are applied.
    3) the database install uses an insert command not a select so caching (ZC cache anyways) should not be a factor for a default store.
    4) if there was a previous version of EP4 installed, the queries are written such that they attempt to insert, if unsuccessful then they move to the next query all except one which updates itself if there is a "problem". And that query doesn't even provide a result in a "normal" configuration area.

Would you mind trying something for me?

In the includes/function/extra_functions/easy_populate_4_functions.php file, there is a section related to install. In that install section is a series of: $db->Execute( statements

At the end of each one, could you replace:
    Code:
    );
    with:
    Code:
    , false, false, 0, true);
    Could you also identify more about your system's setup (posting tips information for starters)? What program/version was previously installed?

That's very interesting because in my testing I didn't come across a situation like that.

And try that?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

How to exclude the domain name from the metatags_title

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by su35 View Post
    How to exclude the domain name from the metatags_title
    Generally a combination of modifying: includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php and includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php

If the file does not exist at the end location, then suggest copying it from the directory above (removing YOUR_TEMPLATE) or the default language of English as well.

YOUR_TEMPLATE is the folder name given to the template you use which ideally should not be any directory that exists in a default zc install but instead a template folder added as part of your build.

EP4 does not add this information as part of the process.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Generally a combination of modifying: includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php and includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/meta_tags.php

If the file does not exist at the end location, then suggest copying it from the directory above (removing YOUR_TEMPLATE) or the default language of English as well.

YOUR_TEMPLATE is the folder name given to the template you use which ideally should not be any directory that exists in a default zc install but instead a template folder added as part of your build.

EP4 does not add this information as part of the process.
    Thanks reply
    The domain name is part of the content in the databasse (table:meta_tags_products_description, culumn:metatags_title). The same file, if I import on local host, the content of metatages_title includes the local domain name; if I upload and improt on living site, it includes the living site's domain name. That suggests that the domain name is induced in the EP4 proccess.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by su35 View Post
    Thanks reply
    The domain name is part of the content in the databasse (table:meta_tags_products_description, culumn:metatags_title). The same file, if I import on local host, the content of metatages_title includes the local domain name; if I upload and improt on living site, it includes the living site's domain name. That suggests that the domain name is induced in the EP4 proccess.
    I didn't say that EP4 couldn't have an effect on the metatags, but if you did not enter the content into the import file for metatags_title, if they are not appearing in your exported file and also are not appearing in the imported file, but they are appearing on the website, then it is the file(s) on the website that are preparing the information for display. EP4 can turn on/off meta information for a product. It can add/or import specific content to be a part of specific product meta tags, but it does not add the domain name to any of the content.

The fact that importing an EP4 file causes the same response but with different information means that EP4 is triggering the code to show that type of information, but it is not "aware" of what information should be shown and it does not magically add that content.

If you would like, please provide the header row and one row of data for a product that is showing something that you are not wanting and also explain what it is that you do want to have happen.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks nc12345678. I find a few products haven't such problem. It looks like that there is some error in my data prepare code.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all

I have just changed from OSC to Zencart and have a very basic install, but EP 4 is not exporting a file ( I only have 1 product at present) to test it as I need the correct headings

I have been using EP in OSC for about 8 years now and have recently done a new OSC 2.3.4 BS Edge website, but where I list my products do not have a compatible product feed yet, so I had to change

While loading the new site with a new version of EP for OSC I had to change my headings for me to load the 15 000 items I list

I have tried to download this 1 item to see the headings but all I get is a blank screen

Any help out there please?

Thx
    Russel

Plugin Contributions

When you say a basic install, can you please identify what ZC version, what php version?

When a blank screen is provided, this typically means that an error has been caused and if the error occurs during the after a ZC trigger point, then it should be logged where ZC logs it's error logs (see this FAQ on blank or partial blank pages).

Which type of export was attempted, from what path? (ie. Dropdowns at top, links along side?) is the one product an active product or is it marked as out-of-stock.

Ie. Details help to be able to see how to reproduce the issue, what might be causing it, and how to prevent it from occurring again.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there

I googled and found a wiki entry that lists the headings

I have the latest 1.5.5b installed, and the latest Easy Populate 4.0.36.ZC

Server OS: Linux 2.6.32-642.11.1.el6.centos.plus.i686, Database: MySQL 5.6.33, PHP Version: 5.6.24 (Zend: 2.6.0)

Product is active, selected from drop down menu for just that category or all

Error log says easypopulate_4_filelayout.php is missing - checked now and saw all files for modules were missing!

It worked now - will test after converting my current file

Thx