Page 275 of 361 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 3606
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by solo_400 View Post
    I just want to give my compliments to the people behind this module and once again to the fantastic ZC community and those helped me to find what I needed.
    It certainly is more than one person behind this software. Feedback and input has been the most helpful to make modifications/improvements. I think that's the way with any plugin out there.

Glad that it's working for you!
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I think another configuration option that would be very useful is to limit the export to canonical or master product only, thus eliminating duplicate linked products in the file. Currently I have to manually do this following the tip from the open office forum. Thanks for making this great module even more useful than before, I love where this has been going.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    I think another configuration option that would be very useful is to limit the export to canonical or master product only, thus eliminating duplicate linked products in the file. Currently I have to manually do this following the tip from the open office forum. Thanks for making this great module even more useful than before, I love where this has been going.
    Take a look at my github master branch... Already ahead of ya'.. :) Had a few other things to fix before posting to the ZC forum (want to be able to reduce the columns that are needed when uploading attribute related files and possibly add a little direction about how to prevent changing attribute related columns to zero's instead of +'s or -'s... Something else too, I forget at the moment, but not yet ready to release as a package, but what is there works...)

Plugin Contributions

Very nice, thanks!!

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    Very nice, thanks!!
    Do be sure though to understand that if the category is changed on one of those records before uploading that a linked product will be created whne the file is imported. Also and the obvious thing is that export using that feature will not identify whether the product is or is not linked.

It is still possible to use the status of 7 to assign the current category that is on the row as the master_category_id which will remove the product from the previous master category if it had one or will establish the then current category as the master category if there was one not assigned for some reason.

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to add the "categories_id" to the export file?
    Tony

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreynolds View Post
    Is it possible to add the "categories_id" to the export file?
    Tony

Would have to ask what is the need for the category_id?

If you obtain the current copy of EP4 from the link above, then the export without linked product will include the master_categories_id for the product which is the same category_id for the category on that line.

Plugin Contributions

I have the most recent release of EP4 installed from GitHub.

I need the categories_id to build custom pages and I use the categories_id as a separator for the differing pages.

As long as the master_categories_id matches the categories_id I am good ,but I do not see that field in my csv export.

Is there a flag or setting ge or special export master_categories_id in the csv only the category description?

Tony

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreynolds View Post
    I have the most recent release of EP4 installed from GitHub.

I need the categories_id to build custom pages and I use the categories_id as a separator for the differing pages.

As long as the master_categories_id matches the categories_id I am good ,but I do not see that field in my csv export.

Is there a flag or setting ge or special export master_categories_id in the csv only the category description?

Tony
    So, the export to which I was referring was the product export with no linked product. That is where the connection of category and master_categories_id is coded. To better support what you appear to want/need, would require a little more "fiddling" with the code. Specifically the categories export it sounds like. Two places to touch: the file_layout area to include the field in the file, and then in the export section of the categories to include/set the database field to the file layout so that the number (in addition to the name(s)) would be populated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    So, the export to which I was referring was the product export with no linked product. That is where the connection of category and master_categories_id is coded. To better support what you appear to want/need, would require a little more "fiddling" with the code. Specifically the categories export it sounds like. Two places to touch: the file_layout area to include the field in the file, and then in the export section of the categories to include/set the database field to the file layout so that the number (in addition to the name(s)) would be populated.
    Thanks. I will give things a more detailed review.

Tony