Page 283 of 361 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cindygordon View Post
    There are so many places to download, which is the place to download the most current version? Is it the one listed on the first post of this thread, that is dated April 2006 or is that just a beta?
    The location shown in the first post of this thread has generally been kept up with the official current release. However, that said, there is the version that was released to/through ZC available for download here. Updates, new features, etc. Are worked on/distributed through github here. The thing about that version is that the software version tends not to be updated until near submission to ZC so database changes made in it may not appear to need installing until later.

Further, that said, some new features and modifications are being incorporated as they are identified as successful for operation. There are a few branches each with some different features to be verified and incorporated. Perhaps the most innovative is the identification of the csv delimiter and the potential use of the discovery. It is still limited to a base set of delimiters, but at least easier to work with other than the base CSV (Comma Separated Values).

Anyways, hope that helps.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The verion I like best is EasyPopulate 4.0
    Google "EasyPopulate 4.0" and go to the "EasyPopulate V4 - Zen Cart® Plugins and Addons" link.

Or search "ep4" on the plugins page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    The verion I like best is EasyPopulate 4.0
    Google "EasyPopulate 4.0" and go to the "EasyPopulate V4 - Zen Cart® Plugins and Addons" link.

Or search "ep4" on the plugins page.
    Glad you like it and yes the search will reveal the links provided as well as some other related software. The links (or reference to the first post) are all related to the same software.

After my last posting, I confirmed that the location identified in the first post is the same version as distributed by ZC download.

Because of the observed popularity of the plugin and the reference provided in the first post, I had spoken with chadder about how to proceed with revisions. We decided to leave the known location identified as it was, to keep it up-to-date and to independently generate modifications to not disrupt either of those two.

Plugin Contributions

Hey MC!

Way back on post #2800, you mentioned adding the ability to export category paths for informational purposes. Then, in the very next post, I was able to find some code on github to get that working.

It was extremely useful to me and, now that I'm building a new site, I'd really like to add that ability in to my EP4 install. Sadly, I cannot seem to find that modification on github anymore.

Any chance you could remind where to find that?

Btw, I have a ZC154e with Easy Populate 4.0.36.ZC - 07-05-2016 installed.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    Hey MC!

Way back on post #2800, you mentioned adding the ability to export category paths for informational purposes. Then, in the very next post, I was able to find some code on github to get that working.

It was extremely useful to me and, now that I'm building a new site, I'd really like to add that ability in to my EP4 install. Sadly, I cannot seem to find that modification on github anymore.

Any chance you could remind where to find that?

Btw, I have a ZC154e with Easy Populate 4.0.36.ZC - 07-05-2016 installed.
    Well, I was doing some github "cleanup". In my opinion, there were too many branches and too many side things that either were or should have been in the master thread or should have been consolidated to apply to a single change instead of a spelling change here, a thing there, etc... If you need the specific change that was incorporated into the master thread: https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPo...9cd7cb277f28d0

Otherwise, there are some other feature modifications and changes being applied (take a look at the Insights->Network to see sequencing and plan for incorporating) but only into the master thread once confirmed functional/non-disfunctional. Working towards issuing a new version based on some of the things pointed out here and some always wished were present features.

Plugin Contributions

First, HUGE THANKS! Awesome as always, thanks MC.

Second, I tried to check out Insights->Network but found nothing there. Thought maybe it was because I was looking at your fork, so I backed up and checked the other fork, still no dice.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    First, HUGE THANKS! Awesome as always, thanks MC.

Second, I tried to check out Insights->Network but found nothing there. Thought maybe it was because I was looking at your fork, so I backed up and checked the other fork, still no dice.
    Trying not to read anything into the "second". Ie. Did the direct link help get the functionality back that was desired? Perhaps - also under-expressed use of the insight->network portion. May I recommend taking your mouse cursor over areas such as the black dots on any line. Perhaps clicking on one to see what happens. Explore a little more. :) I know, have a job to finish. Be sure to stop and smell the roses once in a while. :)

Plugin Contributions

Yes, your direct link to the code was enough to get the desired functionality working. I was able to export category paths, no problem. Again, thanks.

I guess I'll let the Insights->Network go? I thought you guys were working on "other feature modifications and changes being applied" and you were inviting me to take a look at the plan. To see it, I was supposed to go to the github page for Easypop, click on Insights, then click on Network.

I did that, but found nothing and/or did not understand what I was looking at.

Here are two screenshots to show you what I could see:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nodda1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	17465
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nodda2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	17466

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately the "map" of the network didn't come through on those screen shots, but the previous links took me to where I expected you to be and I would guess the lack of the map image is something related to github and screen capture. Regardless, yes the thought was to offer a sort of way to see the upcoming direction(s) of the plugin. Each dot on the line represents a saved change. There is a description that displays when hovering over the dot. Clicking on the dot opens a new window and takes you to the specific commit (change) that was made where you can see both the description, any comments, and the specific code changes to support that change.

Previously I believe you had been able to find that specific change because I had created a separate branch the name of which clearly described the intended change. That branch had multiple commits in it (more than one file was modified and modifications were done online instead of from a computer where more control can be had on how the changes get saved). All of those changes were summarized into the one commit to which I directed you. It can be found in the "dots" before the end of master.

Another reason to send to the network is because there are multiple little branches that I ended up stacking into a single chain. I expect that I will be able to confirm each chain off of the master one by one and then merge that change directly into the master branch. Thus, if you were to go to the last branch, you would see how the software is expected to be configured to reflect as if all changes were incorporated. I have thought of a few changes made that I want to let up on to support how others have likely built off of EP4 and not require them to make changes in support of some upcoming export features. Plus I haven't completed the matching import changes to some of that, so they may get bumped a little. Doesn't do a lot of good if can't import what has been exported. :)

So ignore or not, can do either. I know there was a date related issue that you had identified and I at least attempted to correct, though I'm still testing import aspects (having to be sure I have a backup/restore path for the database before doing that).

Sorry for removing that branch, but like I said was getting too "busy" for my tastes and management of ensuring nothing was left off/out.

Plugin Contributions

MC, I'm always supper grateful for the work you do on this mod. So no worries about killing that branch!

I now have a copy of it on my computer. If the category-path export doesn't make it into a future update, I should be able to just slip into my own install using what I now have.

Btw, I opened github in a dif browser and the info you where alluding to popped right up. Sorry about that, sometimes I forget that my dev browser is stripped down!