Page 331 of 361 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Zen Cart 1.5.7
    Easy Populate 4.0.37.13 - 05-03-2021
    PHP 7.4 FastCGI

Exported a Complete Products download type file of one of my categories; used it for the template of a new CSV file.

I've tried importing both the original file that I exported, and the new CSV file that I made. The files are uploaded, but when I click the Import button, I'm taken to the Admin main page; no messages are displayed. Nothing is imported and there are no errors in the logs.

The temp directory (in Admin) has the two files in it.

I double checked that all the EasyPopulate files were uploaded.

What might I be doing wrong?
    A review of recent posts may have revealed the direction provided here: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....52#post1381452

Again, the problem is/was (most likely) the default settings were set incorrectly. I have two improvements to make and then I will be uploading an updated copy that won't start off that way.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I just installed Easy Populate 4.0.37.13. I was able to download the products file and open it in OpenOffice. But, I am getting all kinds of warnings in the log files. Many of these warnings are related to the image below where undefined constants show up and "no supported file types." I created a new folder in Admin /temp. I copied the .htaccess file into that newly created (empty?) folder. Just wondering if I did anything wrong.

Also, I noticed a few folks having issues in previous posts about things not uploading. Is this still an ongoing issue? I need to upload about 150 products before the end of the day! :O

Name:  Screen Shot 06-27-21 at 07.34 AM.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  47.4 KB

Plugin Contributions

I get the same red text error messages. I've ignored them and all works fine. I did discover that your upload file name cannot have spaces in the name. For example new products.csv will not work. Use instead newproducts.csv
    Last edited by keith z; 27 Jun 2021 at 02:29 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    I just installed Easy Populate 4.0.37.13. I was able to download the products file and open it in OpenOffice. But, I am getting all kinds of warnings in the log files. Many of these warnings are related to the image below where undefined constants show up and "no supported file types." I created a new folder in Admin /temp. I copied the .htaccess file into that newly created (empty?) folder. Just wondering if I did anything wrong.

Also, I noticed a few folks having issues in previous posts about things not uploading. Is this still an ongoing issue? I need to upload about 150 products before the end of the day! :O

Name:  Screen Shot 06-27-21 at 07.34 AM.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  47.4 KB
    Perhaps that text could be changed (the text in red) to be in some other way descriptive. What is done on that part of the screen is to provide the file naming prefix that is needed to process that type of file and indicate below that section what file (if any) is processable by that filter. For the user that has determined that the extra info is of no use, there is a configuration option to hide the sections not used or if so desired to return to the original distribution that would only show filenames with no extra assistance. That switch option is titled: Show all EP4 Filetypes with Files.

As for import issues? If this is/was a default install, none of those configuration settings have been modified before attempting upload, and the headings of the import file reflect those of the default export file, then *yes* there will be an import "problem". I would have thought that through review of those two discussions one would be able to determine the action necessary to prevent the "issue" and even once I release 4.0.38, there will still be the *possibility* of such a problem because the software is being made to support being more flexible/capable.

Let me once again put it simply. In a default install of 4.0.37.13, change the configuration setting for 'Import Language Override" so that it includes the language dependent field identifiers in the import file. I.e.: language_code_only (desired fields to import will only be reviewed if they end with a language code, e.g. products_name_en), language_id_only (desired fields to import will only be those that end with a language id, e.g. products_name_1) or in the case where both types could exist, which of them is preferred realizing that if the preferred method is not present but the alternate is that the alternate will be used.

Again even simpler than trying to understand how to use the software, in a default install, if the exported file is used to create a new import then change the EP4 configuration setting for "import Language Override" to any other setting. I suggest doing so with understanding, but free to do what is desired.

As far as errors in the log files, I have on php 8.0 with a fresh install only found one case of logs being generated which was the use of a constant that wasn't defined prior to clicking the update or install link while reloading the EP4 tools page which was described above recently and is corrected in 4.0.38.

As far as the htaccess file consideration, as of Zen Cart 1.5.7, no such htaccess file is needed in the admin of a default installed store and if the folder is to be placed on the catalog side, no such file would be needed unless changes from a default install have precluded csv files from download/access.

As for release of 4.0.38, I'm trying to work through some perceived issues with the new zc_plugins directory and software structure that works for default users but may cause problems for those that have gotten creative with say folder names within the store's structure. I want the software to be as easily modifiable as possible to ensure operation in both conditions and to update/modify as necessary to ease support as it becomes used more. Right at this moment I've considered adding internal folder references and then evaluate during installation if/how differences exist between the expected folder paths and current paths.

Ok, you made it past that paragraph, what I would like is if some alternate text could be provided to clarify the above red text about "No Supported Data Files". Either changing that text or providing a little info associated with this "table" to amplify what data is being shown. Please do so asap so that I can incorporate into 4.0.38.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Perhaps that text could be changed (the text in red) to be in some other way descriptive. What is done on that part of the screen is to provide the file naming prefix that is needed to process that type of file and indicate below that section what file (if any) is processable by that filter. For the user that has determined that the extra info is of no use, there is a configuration option to hide the sections not used or if so desired to return to the original distribution that would only show filenames with no extra assistance. That switch option is titled: Show all EP4 Filetypes with Files.

As for import issues? If this is/was a default install, none of those configuration settings have been modified before attempting upload, and the headings of the import file reflect those of the default export file, then *yes* there will be an import "problem". I would have thought that through review of those two discussions one would be able to determine the action necessary to prevent the "issue" and even once I release 4.0.38, there will still be the *possibility* of such a problem because the software is being made to support being more flexible/capable.

Let me once again put it simply. In a default install of 4.0.37.13, change the configuration setting for 'Import Language Override" so that it includes the language dependent field identifiers in the import file. I.e.: language_code_only (desired fields to import will only be reviewed if they end with a language code, e.g. products_name_en), language_id_only (desired fields to import will only be those that end with a language id, e.g. products_name_1) or in the case where both types could exist, which of them is preferred realizing that if the preferred method is not present but the alternate is that the alternate will be used.

Again even simpler than trying to understand how to use the software, in a default install, if the exported file is used to create a new import then change the EP4 configuration setting for "import Language Override" to any other setting. I suggest doing so with understanding, but free to do what is desired.

As far as errors in the log files, I have on php 8.0 with a fresh install only found one case of logs being generated which was the use of a constant that wasn't defined prior to clicking the update or install link while reloading the EP4 tools page which was described above recently and is corrected in 4.0.38.

As far as the htaccess file consideration, as of Zen Cart 1.5.7, no such htaccess file is needed in the admin of a default installed store and if the folder is to be placed on the catalog side, no such file would be needed unless changes from a default install have precluded csv files from download/access.

As for release of 4.0.38, I'm trying to work through some perceived issues with the new zc_plugins directory and software structure that works for default users but may cause problems for those that have gotten creative with say folder names within the store's structure. I want the software to be as easily modifiable as possible to ensure operation in both conditions and to update/modify as necessary to ease support as it becomes used more. Right at this moment I've considered adding internal folder references and then evaluate during installation if/how differences exist between the expected folder paths and current paths.

Ok, you made it past that paragraph, what I would like is if some alternate text could be provided to clarify the above red text about "No Supported Data Files". Either changing that text or providing a little info associated with this "table" to amplify what data is being shown. Please do so asap so that I can incorporate into 4.0.38.

After playing around with different import files and names, I finally understand how this new workflow handles files. That is what I was missing. Just to prove it, I added category-ep to a file and uploaded it, and, then is shows up instead of "No Supported Data Files." The text you have is fully understandable now. Might I suggest "No Supported Data Files Uploaded"?

Plugin Contributions

After playing around with different import files and names, I finally understand how this new workflow handles files. That is what I was missing. Just to prove it, I added category-ep to a file and uploaded it, and, then is shows up instead of "No Supported Data Files." The text you have is fully understandable now. Might I suggest "No Supported Data Files Uploaded"?
    Hate to interupt brainstorming. Can you or others think of some additional ideas? It doesn't have to be just adding a single word. Whatever would minimize confusion of the absence of filenames where the "guide" for filename prefix is present.

While I might also consider changing the color, I've come to learn through the guidance of others on this site that color changes/differences should be used with care as there is an effort to sustain visibility for those with difficulting seeing colors or color differences.

Plugin Contributions

Just FYI, I was having similar issues to the previous poster in regards to the language import settings. After going back over the previous threads and changing the Import Language Override: language_id, everything started working fine.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Hate to interupt brainstorming. Can you or others think of some additional ideas? It doesn't have to be just adding a single word. Whatever would minimize confusion of the absence of filenames where the "guide" for filename prefix is present.

While I might also consider changing the color, I've come to learn through the guidance of others on this site that color changes/differences should be used with care as there is an effort to sustain visibility for those with difficulting seeing colors or color differences.
    well, the intent is to show that there are no "applicable" files for that filter...First off, yes, red is typically a "you messed up color" so I would think something in blue would work. "No Filter Specific Files Found in Uploads Folder"...you could show that folder path if it helps. BTW, I have a partial Red/Green color deficiency but I have no problems with PURE reds and greens.

Plugin Contributions

Just FYI, I was having similar issues to the previous poster in regards to the language import settings. After going back over the previous threads and changing the Import Language Override: language_id, everything started working fine.

Thanks!
    I've come to the mind that I am going to be establishing in new installs that language_id_only will be the default. The upgrade to 4.0.38 will *not* change the setting from those using 4.0.37.13, but the text about what *is* the default will change.

So the reason? Well, while adding capability and functionality is an improvement, there are too many that have already established their process. It may/may not include a column of text that uses or has a field that follows the language_code format (_en), but I'd rather this capability be considered a "secret" feature than a store's problem.

Another that has adapted/added to EP4 in support of the book product type had previously suggested that this feature just should not exist. At the same time I have seen and experienced the confusion that can exist by use of the database driven language_id instead of the international use of the language_code. But, in the improvement of the software, it is/was a feature seen as needed. Unfortunately I completely botched the default settings... I THOUGHT they were set right, but I was abhorrently wrong. I did also consider making a single switch that controlled both import and export together, but that to me seemed too restrictive and prone to its own issues.

And, while not addressed recently. One should consider that if an issue wasn't readily identified in the past that perhaps the issue is only from a recent change and often, I would say that a problem experienced "now" with the latest software is either directly because of the latest change or perhaps was not made known as an issue in the past... meaning, search of the posts beyond the latest release is not (or should not?) likely reveal assistance on those issues sought. That is if the issue is with the expected "normal" operation.

Hopefully now that the import/export discrepancy has been described at least three different ways, that until 4.0.38 or newer is installed over 4.0.37.13 that the situation can be more clearly understood/corrected.

Plugin Contributions

well, the intent is to show that there are no "applicable" files for that filter...First off, yes, red is typically a "you messed up color" so I would think something in blue would work. "No Filter Specific Files Found in Uploads Folder"...you could show that folder path if it helps. BTW, I have a partial Red/Green color deficiency but I have no problems with PURE reds and greens.
    This info *is* all about one's "perspective". I've not wanted to use the word Upload, because selecting one of the export filters creates a file for the associated filter area and while it could then be uploaded, it also could be downloaded. For some, that folder is used just for that perspective such as for data updates to external sources.

Again, don't want to give up on something new/more appropriate, just because "now" it makes sense, the goal is for it to make sense without discussion.

Note, the folder "path" is shown in the upper right hand corner of theadmin screen. Doesn't or isn't expected to show the true admin folder name, but...
    Last edited by mc12345678; 27 Jun 2021 at 05:28 PM.