Page 336 of 360 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 3595
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    "Easily" would be a matter of perspective; however, I can envision where the current "file read" code may be positioned to a function with some "trigger" being added to identify what the source is for the filetype and support properly moving through the file. While this operation is perhaps easier in newer PHP versions, it remains important to note that the process would work best by stepping into/through the file rather than loading it entirely into memory. The file reading occurs in a few of the modules as well as the main import file. There is also a field delimiter test that is performed against files that may need to be altered to exclude such xml files or provide an equivalent test if necessary.
    Turns out on further checking i can actually make my own custom mapped feed at the suppliers website and in .csv format :). I've tried a few times. finally found how to add gtin as an option too and tried to upload again to get the following error messages "Missing primary key from file" and "File Import Completed with issues."

I've spent hours trying to solve this and even hired developers to install the module and get the feed working as i didn't fancy doing it myself. developers worked over the quoted time and between say 4 of us its getting frustrating lol. it's something simple being missed now i'm sure of it?

Anything that's commonly done that would cause such issues ie not including the "v_" beginning to product fields? i'm sure it was in this support thread i read your not supposed to include that part?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flappingfish View Post
    Turns out on further checking i can actually make my own custom mapped feed at the suppliers website and in .csv format :). I've tried a few times. finally found how to add gtin as an option too and tried to upload again to get the following error messages "Missing primary key from file" and "File Import Completed with issues."

I've spent hours trying to solve this and even hired developers to install the module and get the feed working as i didn't fancy doing it myself. developers worked over the quoted time and between say 4 of us its getting frustrating lol. it's something simple being missed now i'm sure of it?

Anything that's commonly done that would cause such issues ie not including the "v_" beginning to product fields? i'm sure it was in this support thread i read your not supposed to include that part?
    The message provided indicates that whatever is being used for your "unique record" is not present in the first line of the file... By default that field header is: v_products_model
    By making changes in the configuration menu, it is possible to instead change to using: v_products_id
    By way of code, there is an observer that can be used to select/use a completely different primary key.

Note that again, this "primary key" is what ties the data being imported to the record(s) in the database. Depending on what is used for the primary key, multiple database records may be affected. For example, if there was a word within the products description that was used as a "primary key", then every record that has that word would be impacted by importing a row of data with that word. This is why when using v_products_model if more than one product has that exact model designation that import of a record with that model designation will affect all such product.

As far as the reference to using/not using the prefix "v_", that is associated to identifying other product table fields that are to be used in the import/export. The place where the "v_" is omitted is within the configuration settings for the User Defined Products fields... When entering/adding such fields within the configuration menu, they should be added using whatever the field is actually called in the products table.

Perhaps the above helps? It may be of assistance to provide the configuration settings and other pertinent information to get to your solution.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The message provided indicates that whatever is being used for your "unique record" is not present in the first line of the file... By default that field header is: v_products_model
    By making changes in the configuration menu, it is possible to instead change to using: v_products_id
    By way of code, there is an observer that can be used to select/use a completely different primary key.

Note that again, this "primary key" is what ties the data being imported to the record(s) in the database. Depending on what is used for the primary key, multiple database records may be affected. For example, if there was a word within the products description that was used as a "primary key", then every record that has that word would be impacted by importing a row of data with that word. This is why when using v_products_model if more than one product has that exact model designation that import of a record with that model designation will affect all such product.

As far as the reference to using/not using the prefix "v_", that is associated to identifying other product table fields that are to be used in the import/export. The place where the "v_" is omitted is within the configuration settings for the User Defined Products fields... When entering/adding such fields within the configuration menu, they should be added using whatever the field is actually called in the products table.

Perhaps the above helps? It may be of assistance to provide the configuration settings and other pertinent information to get to your solution.
    adding the v_ prefix has got it working for me

Few slight issues though sadly if you can assist with any of these i'd be eternally grateful :) ..

1. The gtin field isn't being populated on my end even though its showing in the feed from supplier as "v_gtin". ive also tried it as "gtin" to no avail. after thought as typing should i try "v_products_gtin" it displays on my product listing with field name "gtin" and ive added it to the easy populate configuration (as shown in image below)

2.The supplier gives url's for the images but they also have not populated using "v_products_image"

3. I added the extra field support for the field "Condition" -as shown below, (ie new, used) however, i see it is showing on the page where you upload the feed file as the following...

User Defined Products Fields:
    gtin: TRUE
    Condition: FALSE

This would cause issues on google unless i set my merchant centre to assume items as new if not specified so number 3 i can live without solving for now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fields.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	19715

Plugin Contributions

on checking again it appears it has accepted the link and attempted to display the picture on my website. clicking on the image title that is showing instead comes up as the following, think this is more specific to my site rather than issues porting the field or easy populate. ill ask my developer about this one or post a seperate thread if cant resolve so just points 1 and 3 that are technical help with the module whereas 2 is more site specific and might need its own thread if i'm struggling still

Name:	2021-09-14 (1).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	19716

Plugin Contributions

think i'm down to site specific issues or at least the feed from the suppliers, i don't want to clog up the support thread for the module so i have created a separate thread if anyone can spare a few moments to assist me or in the future if you have similar issues perhaps you will find your solution at the new thread i made https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....he-please-help :)

Plugin Contributions

Hi guys, im having some issues with my site.

So basically my website has just been setup on easy populate and i ran a feed, it put categories where i didnt want them ect and despite my best efforts i had to ask a developer who has since resolved this by editing easy pop to direct the items uploaded with the filename cointaining the word computing to be appended with Computing^ however a week or so later i'm seeing items selling from my dropshipper at cost price!

I can't see these items under admin and they also have "cPath=0" and "product_type=1" in the url (using ultimate seo urls)

The cost price issue was me picking product cost instead of product price at the dropshippers whilst setting up the feed, i've changed that now and when i re-ran the feed it only updated about half the items in the feed file.

I added this v product type of 1 field and i can't remember what i read that made me add this field but i think its responsible. do I remove the field from the .csv file? and once ive done that how do i delete these "ghost items" as i have affectionately called them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I think this is an issue i've investigated myself whilst my developers aren't at work over the weekend and it would be great to resolve it before anymore cost price items are sold by bargain hunters finding them via google shopping results :S

seems my mobile template is also not loading proper but i have no idea whats going on and been left in the predicament of pay more money for the fix, try myself or ask for help in at least working out how i go about removing these ghost items in the hope that fixes everything else sadly. developer doesnt want to seem to admit there are issues that need sorting under warranty and wont work unless i pay more :/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flappingfish View Post
    Hi guys, im having some issues with my site.

So basically my website has just been setup on easy populate and i ran a feed, it put categories where i didnt want them ect and despite my best efforts i had to ask a developer who has since resolved this by editing easy pop to direct the items uploaded with the filename cointaining the word computing to be appended with Computing^ however a week or so later i'm seeing items selling from my dropshipper at cost price!

I can't see these items under admin and they also have "cPath=0" and "product_type=1" in the url (using ultimate seo urls)

The cost price issue was me picking product cost instead of product price at the dropshippers whilst setting up the feed, i've changed that now and when i re-ran the feed it only updated about half the items in the feed file.

I added this v product type of 1 field and i can't remember what i read that made me add this field but i think its responsible. do I remove the field from the .csv file? and once ive done that how do i delete these "ghost items" as i have affectionately called them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I think this is an issue i've investigated myself whilst my developers aren't at work over the weekend and it would be great to resolve it before anymore cost price items are sold by bargain hunters finding them via google shopping results :S

seems my mobile template is also not loading proper but i have no idea whats going on and been left in the predicament of pay more money for the fix, try myself or ask for help in at least working out how i go about removing these ghost items in the hope that fixes everything else sadly. developer doesnt want to seem to admit there are issues that need sorting under warranty and wont work unless i pay more :/
    Ok, breakdown of things...

product_type = 1, that means that the product is a standard product, it is not a document product, it is not a music product, it is not a display only document type... Etc... Most people use the standard product and never use any of the other options, but they are there .

A default install would set that value to 1 if the field was not uploaded. EP4 has only attempted a different products_type when it believes that the information is describing a music product which then would assign a products_type=2.

So, the cPath=0 issue... That is because a product was incorporated into the database where the category was not properly captured or the product was given a master_categories_id of 0 or possibly some other mix up.

Thing is, and I believe I commented on this in another location, it seems that your database has been modified away from default settings or perhaps it has not been properly updated from some older version. It has been stated earlier that an import file had to include the fields products_quantity_order_units and products_quantity_order_max. A current installation defaults those to '1' and '0' respectively and therefore new product would not need to define that value when using EP4 because EP4 wouldn't interfere with applying the default value if the field was excluded. But again, that to me indicates that there has been something modified about the database in places that should not be modified which also then indicates the possibility that the issue described has come from some other abnormal operation.

At any rate, if you are able to determine the products_id of the product that have cPath=0, and either their products_model (likely visible when looking at the product) then further research can be done to identify what "simple" database changes may be necessary.

Price updating or otherwise requires matching the product in the file to the product in the database. As again previously discussed in this forum, a product is updated by matching the primary key information in the file to the database.... If only about "half" were updated, then those were the half that had a match for the products_model information and the other half did not have a match...

As far as deletion, again setting v_status to the value of 9 for the product in question will delete whatever product have the matching primary key data (products_model based on previous discussion).

I've looked through the export code for EP4 and it does not include a direct export of the product that are having this issue if the product has just enough information to display on the catalog side, but not on the admin. Such product still can be modified in the admin once they are "found". It just requires editing the admin browser path information to display the particular product.

Hmm.. Not entirely sure how helpful any of that is in fixing your issue though other than pointing out that the guesses made about the source of the issue are not involved with the problem(s). The lack of update as said is because the data in the file is not matching data in the database. That isn't an EP4 caused issue. Deletion of the "product" should be carefully considered: there are product and there are linked product and the issue may be with the linked version of the product or it may be with the product itself...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

thanks mc, I seem to be getting a bit closer, spent the last few hours doing as you suggested to find the products before you typed this, Iv'e spent 5 days trying to figure it out though. eventually i managed to figure out if i went directly into my php admin i could filter the products table to mater category id of 0. deleted all of those then about 4 hours later i searched for category 0 or less then i found a further 25 items, deleted those and re ran the feed.
    This time it stopped at 25 items like it had the last few times... finally decides to look at the .csv and i find item 26 has no category name!
    I then remember asking if it was possible to have these "skipped due to no category" items diverted to a miscellaneous folder (which the developer did a code change for) A quick scan through and i deleted any other lines with no category and ran the file to find 1668 items succesfully added... i lost my cool with category links and decided to delete the whole category and re add it hence the whole lot going back in, only to find the feed file links products with it having items twice in different categories lol.

Maybe your right about the database or something else being old, i've removed the quantity max and minimum fields now but i see this on some items...

Name:	2021-10-17.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	19766 and the following when i add one of these items to basket and go to basket....

Name:	2021-10-17 (1).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	19767
    also getting some issues with the google product feeder crashing on processing. When i refreshed the page i see 2 files one ending lock.xml, i sent the usual one and its down about 200 items. log folder shows an error of running out of memory and showing the resulting file as having .xml issues in merchant centre but it's accepted the data for processing no problems? i dont think people can actually checkout with these items with the weird minimum 0 issue though?

One bit of good news is that the hidden items seemed to have been causing the issue's with the way the mobile template was displaying also so now they've gone at least my site looks appealing on mobile devices again :)

Plugin Contributions

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has worked on EP4. I have used this in so many ways just in the last few days. We wanted to add some different categories to several hundred products. I was able to create all of those links in a matter of minutes. I wanted our sort order modified to mimic the SKU numbers (helps us with orders and inventory). Again, a few formulas in a spreadsheet along with copy & paste the values back to the CSV file and I was golden!

Chris

Plugin Contributions

Even though i still have problems with my EP, i could not agree with you more. The feedback and help here are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who has worked on EP4. I have used this in so many ways just in the last few days. We wanted to add some different categories to several hundred products. I was able to create all of those links in a matter of minutes. I wanted our sort order modified to mimic the SKU numbers (helps us with orders and inventory). Again, a few formulas in a spreadsheet along with copy & paste the values back to the CSV file and I was golden!

Chris