Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3595
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kernheimer View Post
    Dear mc12345678

What are the settings for:
    1. Import/Export Primary Key. - Products_model
    2. Import Language Override. _ Language_code _only
    Ok, I *tried* to ask for information about the settings that are involved with this, I missed one setting.... Although I did not ask for one setting, I received information that is/was helpful.

The settings I was *really* interested in were:
    1. Import/Export Primary Key
    2. Import Language Override
    3. Export Language Identifier

The default settings for these in 4.0.37.13 were:
    1. products_model
    2. language_code_only
    3. id

The problem with some of those defaults (as discussed several times before) is that when importing data that is language dependent, trying to import only fields with the language_code means that the field likely does not exist. Because the specific field does not exist then the data does not exist for the program. Why would the field not exist? Because when exporting the data, the language dependent field(s) only ended with the language_id.

So, to more accurately state the necessary conditions:

If 3. (Export Language Identifier) is id when exporting the file, then 2. (Import Language Override) should *NOT* be language_code_only.
    If 3. (Export Language Identifier) is code when exporting the file, then 2. (Import Language Override) should *NOT* be language_id_only.

The above is for the problem described. The problem described has been, when importing a product file created by export, the system response is "No category provided for this new product". Why? because, if the code is looking for categories_name_en, but it only contains categories_name_1, then it is true that the category is considered to be missing.

So, in summary, may I suggest changing the setting for Import Language Override to ANYTHING other than language_code_only. Generally speaking, I would suggest changing it to language_id_only to keep things "simple". :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I tried updating the image and description of existing categories using the CategoriesMeta-EP file. The file import was complete and the image and description were inserted. However, there is an error:
    "An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer"

The debug error log shows:
    MySQLi error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '
    categories_id = 10387,
    language_id ...' at line 1
    When executing:
    INSERT INTO zen_meta_tags_categories_description SET ,
    categories_id = 10387,
    language_id = 1

How can this error be fixed please?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by waterbender View Post
    Hi,

I tried updating the image and description of existing categories using the CategoriesMeta-EP file. The file import was complete and the image and description were inserted. However, there is an error:
    "An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer"

The debug error log shows:
    MySQLi error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '
    categories_id = 10387,
    language_id ...' at line 1
    When executing:
    INSERT INTO zen_meta_tags_categories_description SET ,
    categories_id = 10387,
    language_id = 1

How can this error be fixed please?
    Thanks
    Either of three ways:
    1. Since appears that only updating v_categories_name_ related fields, then name the file with the prefix format of "category-ep", it appears though that to update categories_description that for now it should use the "categorymeta-ep" file format and one of the below would apply. I am not 100% sure why the "category-ep" file format never included the categories_description field into the "category-ep" file format. Trying to review to see what if any issues might be expected by including the description in the general category file or a similar file.
    2. Add any (or all) of the following three fields to the import file that has the filename format of categorymeta-ep:
    a. v_metatags_title_
    b. v_metatags_keywords_
    c. v_metatags_description_

3. Modify the file admin/includes/modules/easypopulate_4_import_categorymeta_ep.php to incorporate the following code change:

changing lines 165-166 https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPo....php#L165-L166 from:
    Code:
                  $sql .= ",
                    ";
    to
    Code:
                  if ($update_count) {
                    $sql .= ",
                      ";
                  }
    Though this last "fix" should also include a notification that effectively nothing is being done as there is no meta data that has been provided, just category name information...

If there remain issues, then it may also be helpful to identify the admin->configuration->Easy Populate 4 settings for:
    1. Import Language Override
    2. Export Language Identifier

Plugin Contributions

It looks like the problem is resolved when I changed these column titles:
    v_categories_name_1
    v_category_path_1
    v_categories_description_1
    v_metatags_title_1
    v_metatags_keywords_1
    v_metatags_description_1

to

v_categories_name_en
    v_category_path_en
    v_categories_description_en
    v_metatags_title_en
    v_metatags_keywords_en
    v_metatags_description_en

Plugin Contributions

Another question on importing attributes. Currently, I first use the Attrib-Basic-EP file to import attributes, then use the Attrib-Detailed-EP file to revise attributes that cost extra. However this seems tedious as I have to manually find and match the corresponding products_attributes_id one by one. Is this the only way to it?

Plugin Contributions

It looks like the problem is resolved when I changed these column titles:
    v_categories_name_1
    v_category_path_1
    v_categories_description_1
    v_metatags_title_1
    v_metatags_keywords_1
    v_metatags_description_1

to

v_categories_name_en
    v_category_path_en
    v_categories_description_en
    v_metatags_title_en
    v_metatags_keywords_en
    v_metatags_description_en
    First of all, glad that were able to perform the import.
    Second, simply changing the title of the fields became a "one time" correction because it is obvious that 1) the export file was generated using the language_id for export but import was ignoring the language_id and instead was using the language_code... So, please, please, please, review almost any number of pages back about changing the import/export settings so that they match... Please....
    Third this appears to have revealed a condition that was to be prevented. Basically when it would not be possible to import content it was to provide a message. The current check for doing that simply validated that at least *some* field exists even if the current settings wouldn't have imported the content. So thank you for identifying that issue.

Plugin Contributions

Another question on importing attributes. Currently, I first use the Attrib-Basic-EP file to import attributes, then use the Attrib-Detailed-EP file to revise attributes that cost extra. However this seems tedious as I have to manually find and match the corresponding products_attributes_id one by one. Is this the only way to it?
    So population of attributes to a product requires at least two "levels" of data population: existence to a product, and detail about that existence.
    Perhaps some of that could be done all in one file, but it certainly wouldn't be pretty.

The current process, also described in the instructions, basically has the basic file get populated with product, option name type, option name, and option values associated to that option name.
    Export a detailed report.
    Update the details of the detailed report
    Import the detailed report to refresh the values.

So, I'm not entirely sure what "manual matching" issue is... I say that to get some further information, just because I don't understand doesn't mean it isn't an issue.

On the export of the detailed file, the products_model is included along with *some* other "human readable" content that should make it easier to locate the row to update. Certainly other data could be added for inclusion such as products_name, though that also shouldn't be necessary if "default settings" are used for operation as products_model should refer to a unique product... (Yes a little tongue in cheek there too, because there are additional settings that allow more freedom in using the software.)

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

What I meant was to find out the corresponding attribute id of the imported product which has an additional cost.
    There are many products on the site. When attributes are exported, can we be selective? If not, the file will be very big as the attributes of every single product will get exported.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

What I meant was to find out the corresponding attribute id of the imported product which has an additional cost.
    There are many products on the site. When attributes are exported, can we be selective? If not, the file will be very big as the attributes of every single product will get exported.
    Much more understandable. :)

Correct, at the moment it is a full or no basic/detailed attribute export. Incorporating the use of the dropdowns across the top is possible; however, would require some additional code in:
    admin/easypopulate_4.php
    admin/includes/languages/english/easypopulate_4.php
    admin/includes/modules/easypopulate_4_filelayout.php
    and
    admin/includes/easypopulate_4_export.php

The thought is that in the filelayout, would incorporate an additional "string" to substitute before the "ORDER BY" statement.
    In the language file(s), would incorporate the word(s) for the option(s) that would be in the dropdown (considering adding just the two "features" of basic/detailed attributes).
    In the base file, adding the new language defines to support dropdown expansion.
    In the export file adding the "control" to substitute the string added before the "ORDER BY" statement either with the desired filtering or to just make it blank as would be expected for the "default" export.

So, yes, doable and I'll look to initiate the change/addition of the feature/option. Thank you for clarifying.

Now, last part to that, the above does not add/offer the ability to specifically target just a single product nor the ability to enter in a list of specific/designated product, but would allow selection through existing selection options (category, manufacturer, enabled/disabled, etc...). So a "closer" range to select product, but perhaps not as unique as desired(?).

Plugin Contributions

I'm getting an import error upon exporting the entire catalog and cannot import any changes to the csv file.

Version Easy Populate 4.0.37.13 - 05-03-2021 On 1.5.7
    php7.4