Page 343 of 361 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3607
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    I just don't want to reinvent wheels....for things that are already addressed in another branch.

Suggestions could be many, or nothing show-stopping yet.
    Perhaps could raise a an issue and if already addressed then can point out the where? Right now one of the issues is that there has been an overhaul of some central processing to then also address existing issues.

I can say that one "topic" that is being worked on though not yet shown in Github is identification of database field defaults to expand on improved import capability. Unfortunately for me I have been focusing on update operations more than insert and had lost out on addressing import of product where fields were omitted. I didn't want to implement something very short term that was going to need to be undone immediately so am trying to address it in a single modification with any issues identified to be corrected.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

i need help using Easy Populate V4

I am trying copy all my product from one store to another.

Easy populate installation was easy on both store.
    I choose Complete product as an export but i am getting an error when trying to upload it to the new store.

The error is and goes for all products:

SKIPPED! - v_products_model: FI66 - No category provided for this new product
    SKIPPED! - v_products_model: E8-4812P - No category provided for this new product
    SKIPPED! - v_products_model: FI86 - No category provided for this new product
    SKIPPED! - v_products_model: FD85 - No category provided for this new product
    SKIPPED! - v_products_model: FW89 - No category provided for this new product

However the file has a v_category_name_1 and the new store is entirely blank ( see screenshot)

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you for your help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-02-26 (1).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	19911

Name:	2022-02-26.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	19912

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post
    i need help using Easy Populate V4

I am trying copy all my product from one store to another.

Easy populate installation was easy on both store.
    I choose Complete product as an export but i am getting an error when trying to upload it to the new store.

The error is and goes for all products:

SKIPPED! - v_products_model: FI66 - No category provided for this new product
    SKIPPED! - v_products_model: E8-4812P - No category provided for this new product
    SKIPPED! - v_products_model: FI86 - No category provided for this new product
    SKIPPED! - v_products_model: FD85 - No category provided for this new product
    SKIPPED! - v_products_model: FW89 - No category provided for this new product

However the file has a v_category_name_1 and the new store is entirely blank ( see screenshot)

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you for your help

Name:	2022-02-26 (1).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	19911

Name:	2022-02-26.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	19912
    Sigh, let's try this a different way since about the last 5 to 6 pages haven't been read. So the file for input has a category designation that ends with a number. Do you know what that number means or what the significance is about it ending with a number? The number represents the language_id of the language that was exported. Now the program has two features, an import and an export. Each have independent controls. Based on the above description I'm pretty sure I know the cause unless information has been purposely withheld. That said, to learn to fish is better than being fed a fish. So export was fine but having an issue with import. Might there be some configuration settings related to the import that might relate to what is being experienced?

More importantly though.... why are you not using a standard zen Cart process to move and or upgrade the store? Why use any bulk product system to only transfer product to a blank store?

Sorry to make statement in the first paragraph with such tone. The mistake I made in my last upload of the software directly relates to this issue, has been described and discussed multiple times and in my opinion should be something easy to spot as a fix by reading just a few posts. It concerns me when the fix is so simple but takes so much. Yes if I upload a corrected copy it will fix that issue but I'm not really ready because I haven't fixed a separate issue yet that really would need a new version so kind of a waste to issue them in such small groups. Of course instead I talk about it lot... so lose lose in that. Anyways, please do the above homework. Post what you discover or what cannot be found. Glad to help figure things out even if it's something in the instructions. As I said, I took a different approach on trying to address this particular issue of what I expect to be related to my mess up with some settings in my last update.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Sigh, let's try this a different way since about the last 5 to 6 pages haven't been read. So the file for input has a category designation that ends with a number. Do you know what that number means or what the significance is about it ending with a number? The number represents the language_id of the language that was exported. Now the program has two features, an import and an export. Each have independent controls. Based on the above description I'm pretty sure I know the cause unless information has been purposely withheld. That said, to learn to fish is better than being fed a fish. So export was fine but having an issue with import. Might there be some configuration settings related to the import that might relate to what is being experienced?

More importantly though.... why are you not using a standard zen Cart process to move and or upgrade the store? Why use any bulk product system to only transfer product to a blank store?

Sorry to make statement in the first paragraph with such tone. The mistake I made in my last upload of the software directly relates to this issue, has been described and discussed multiple times and in my opinion should be something easy to spot as a fix by reading just a few posts. It concerns me when the fix is so simple but takes so much. Yes if I upload a corrected copy it will fix that issue but I'm not really ready because I haven't fixed a separate issue yet that really would need a new version so kind of a waste to issue them in such small groups. Of course instead I talk about it lot... so lose lose in that. Anyways, please do the above homework. Post what you discover or what cannot be found. Glad to help figure things out even if it's something in the instructions. As I said, I took a different approach on trying to address this particular issue of what I expect to be related to my mess up with some settings in my last update.
    No offense or hard feelings but this is a really long thread ( over 340 pages )to digest and go thru. It is not really easy to understand or read some of it either.

And no I am not witholding any information.

I thought the error " no categories provided" related to the " category_name" not being provided in the csv file.

I do know and saw what the number 1 means and that is related to the language. My site is not multilingual so i don t think that s the issue.

I honestly thought using easy populate would be a cleaner way of upgrading/switching a store. I should probably go back to the standard upgrade process and leave easy populate alone until it is fixed.

Thanks for taking the timeto look over my issue.

Plugin Contributions

No offense or hard feelings but this is a really long thread ( over 340 pages )to digest and go thru. It is not really easy to understand or read some of it either.

And no I am not witholding any information.

I thought the error " no categories provided" related to the " category_name" not being provided in the csv file.

I do know and saw what the number 1 means and that is related to the language. My site is not multilingual so i don t think that s the issue.

I honestly thought using easy populate would be a cleaner way of upgrading/switching a store. I should probably go back to the standard upgrade process and leave easy populate alone until it is fixed.

Thanks for taking the timeto look over my issue.
    Well it can be "foxed" by changing a configuration setting... hence why I asked what the import settings were in the configuration menu... add for reading... so in the works would read a thread that is more than 10 years old from the beginning to the end? Especially if using a recent version of the software? Start towards the back and read at most to the last release of it... if the question still can't be answered, then certainly need to ask.

The error did relate to the categories name. Directly so.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Well it can be "foxed" by changing a configuration setting... hence why I asked what the import settings were in the configuration menu... add for reading... so in the works would read a thread that is more than 10 years old from the beginning to the end? Especially if using a recent version of the software? Start towards the back and read at most to the last release of it... if the question still can't be answered, then certainly need to ask.

The error did relate to the categories name. Directly so.
    mc12345678,

I owe you a sincere apology and thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

For anyone facing the same issue, the answer is in post #3294

Plugin Contributions

mc12345678,

I owe you a sincere apology and thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

For anyone facing the same issue, the answer is in post #3294
    Well thank you. The issue was though described in a way different than those previously reporting the same type of problem and I know full well how it is always desirable for everything to work with zero additional change or adjustment. I still suggest using the standard zen Cart process to "move" the product though really am more concerned about the customer experience, but hope that you are able to accomplish what is needed.

If you do decide to continue using this to move product *and* retain product reference for customers or search engines, then there is another configuration switch that I suggest modifying away from default settings on both stores which is to use the Product's ID as the primary key instead of the default products model.

Plugin Contributions

Regarding the import of multiple categories for products, just done a 1000 line import and subsequently discovered errors in the csv that created unwanted categories.

Is there a switch to prevent the creation of new categories/only allow products to be assigned/linked to existing categories?
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

When I upload a file the column v_categories_name_1 always has a category listed. I've never had a problem with wrong categories. If you have a category for example under men's shoes then sneakers your product category would look like men's shoes^sneakers

Plugin Contributions

I have two languages and in some products the second column for ES had the category name EN so it created those as new categories, as per design.
    So if there is no switch to prevent this, I'll add one to prevent this in future.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...