Page 345 of 361 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3606
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DanMickle View Post
    I went back through those threads and tried a few changes (language ID/Code, etc.) but they did not resolve the issue. I double-checked to make sure the "use products metadata" was enabled as well.

I did also verify because I thought I may have been mistaken when I first attempted a product update. I am able to update the following correctly (as well as the other standard fields):

v_metatags_products_name_status v_metatags_title_status v_metatags_model_status v_metatags_price_status v_metatags_title_tagline_status

however

v_metatags_title_1 v_metatags_keywords_1 v_metatags_description_1

will not update.

Maybe I am missing something in the past posts, so I am going back through them again. Thank you for taking the time and suggesting the post to start with.
    To ensure a full understanding, could you please identify the version of EP4 installed and then possibly the configuration settings (don't need to know anything about the path used for the upload/download folder)? Please be specific about identifying the version by its reported value.

Additionally, have you been successful with updating other records that are language based but not Metatag related?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    To ensure a full understanding, could you please identify the version of EP4 installed and then possibly the configuration settings (don't need to know anything about the path used for the upload/download folder)? Please be specific about identifying the version by its reported value.

Additionally, have you been successful with updating other records that are language-based but not Metatag related?
    I just tested with a record with two language-based (v_products_name_1) and (v_metatags_keywords_1) fields. The products_name_1 worked and the keywords_1 did not.

We are on versions:
    • Easy Populate 4.0.37.13 - 05-03-2021
    • Zen Cart 1.5.7d
    • PHP 7.4.30 (Zend: 3.4.0)

I have attached screenshots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EP4_Screen2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	20085   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EP4_Screen3.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	20086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EP4_Screen.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	20087  

Plugin Contributions

Additionally, have you been successful with updating other records that are language based but not Metatag related?
    I just tested with a record using the v_products_name_1 and the v_metatags_keywords_1 fields. The v_products_name_1 updated correctly, and the v_metatags_keywords_1 did not update (field was blank to begin with).

We are currently on version:
    Easy Populate 4.0.37.13 - 05-03-2021
    Zen Cart 1.5.7d
    PHP 7.4.30 (Zend: 3.4.0)

Screenshots of configs are attached.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	38 
ID:	20088Click image for larger version. 

Views:	26 
ID:	20089Click image for larger version. 

Views:	28 
ID:	20090

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DanMickle View Post
    I just tested with a record using the v_products_name_1 and the v_metatags_keywords_1 fields. The v_products_name_1 updated correctly, and the v_metatags_keywords_1 did not update (field was blank to begin with).

We are currently on version:
    Easy Populate 4.0.37.13 - 05-03-2021
    Zen Cart 1.5.7d
    PHP 7.4.30 (Zend: 3.4.0)

Screenshots of configs are attached.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	38 
ID:	20088Click image for larger version. 

Views:	26 
ID:	20089Click image for larger version. 

Views:	28 
ID:	20090
    Found the issue. Looks like additional effort to support independent update of each Metatag field hadn't been applied. E.g. on the call to minimize the number of columns in an import file or to support update of just one column, this set of data had been overlooked.

In the current code at least the title must be present, but, if all three Metatag fields are not provided, then the missing field(s) will be made blank.

In the interim to that being modified, suggestion is to include the title, description and keywords in the import file. For those that use software to read the content of this forum, the second image above showed an image of the file headers and one example of the attempted content. The headers were: v_products_model, v_products_name_1, and v_metatags_keywords_1.

In the course of this discussion, there has not been a statement that all three were attempted within a single file, so I can only assume that such had not been attempted and that the above is the issue. I have not yet run tests specific to that version and issue with a file that has all three fields that update the database. My response is based on reviewing the code while away from a computer.

Plugin Contributions

Found the issue. Looks like additional effort to support independent update of each Metatag field hadn't been applied. E.g. on the call to minimize the number of columns in an import file or to support update of just one column, this set of data had been overlooked.

In the current code at least the title must be present, but, if all three Metatag fields are not provided, then the missing field(s) will be made blank.

In the interim to that being modified, suggestion is to include the title, description and keywords in the import file. For those that use software to read the content of this forum, the second image above showed an image of the file headers and one example of the attempted content. The headers were: v_products_model, v_products_name_1, and v_metatags_keywords_1.

In the course of this discussion, there has not been a statement that all three were attempted within a single file, so I can only assume that such had not been attempted and that the above is the issue. I have not yet run tests specific to that version and issue with a file that has all three fields that update the database. My response is based on reviewing the code while away from a computer.
    That worked like a charm! Thank you firstly for helping and secondly for having me dig deeper before just handing me the answer. The historical info I went over gave me a better picture of how the module (and ZC) works, and that will obviously help in the future. I appreciate all your time and help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My CSV file uploads the categories, but not the products

v1.5.7d easypopulate 4.0

I am trying to use easypopulate to bulk delete products but am having issues. The process I have used is;
    downloaded Model/Price/Qty file
    opened the file in open office (OpenCalc)
    changed v_status for products showing 0 to 9 (assumption being 9 means delete product)
    a) saved file as .odt and uploaded with no result (products did not delete) and no warnings
    then
    b) saved file as .csv and uploaded with no result (products did not delete) with warning problem with delimiters (??) - in saving as .csv the delimiters selected were comma (,) and double quotes (")

There are no error logs

Have I gone about this the right way or is there a better way to delete products in bulk?

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    v1.5.7d easypopulate 4.0

I am trying to use easypopulate to bulk delete products but am having issues. The process I have used is;
    downloaded Model/Price/Qty file
    opened the file in open office (OpenCalc)
    changed v_status for products showing 0 to 9 (assumption being 9 means delete product)
    a) saved file as .odt and uploaded with no result (products did not delete) and no warnings
    then
    b) saved file as .csv and uploaded with no result (products did not delete) with warning problem with delimiters (??) - in saving as .csv the delimiters selected were comma (,) and double quotes (")

There are no error logs

Have I gone about this the right way or is there a better way to delete products in bulk?

cheers, Mike
    update ... as soon as a file is exported it shows up as 'CSV Unknown Delimiter' in the table as an import error in admin/tools/EP4 ... see image ... any ideas as to why?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Admin-Easypopulate-4 (1).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	20093

Plugin Contributions

update ... as soon as a file is exported it shows up as 'CSV Unknown Delimiter' in the table as an import error in admin/tools/EP4 ... see image ... any ideas as to why?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Admin-Easypopulate-4 (1).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	20093
    If I had my guess correctly, because when I added the file location protection to the code, I made a mistake about handling files stored in the catalog side of the store and then subsequently the patch provided in this forum was not applied.

This is further described at this post and the link within the quote of that post: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....22#post1385422

To be clear, your previous post does or does not still apply? There are other reasons for what may have been seen or described there.

Plugin Contributions

If I had my guess correctly, because when I added the file location protection to the code, I made a mistake about handling files stored in the catalog side of the store and then subsequently the patch provided in this forum was not applied.

This is further described at this post and the link within the quote of that post: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....22#post1385422

To be clear, your previous post does or does not still apply? There are other reasons for what may have been seen or described there.
    Thanks for your response mc ... I updated admin/easypopulate_4.php with the code from github (using the above and below codes for verification my line numbers varied from that shown in the github but the code snippet was placed ti the correct sequence) .... but there is no change, i.e.
    a) file when exported immediately shows in table as per figure previously posted with comment under 'import' tab "CSV Unknown Delimiter", and
    b) upon uploading the file with data changes, clicking save in current format (v_status changed from '0' to '9' for about 100 products) this message appears in green across the top of the page "File uploaded Successfully: PriceBreaks-EP2022Aug05-104531.csv Issues with the CSV file delimiter(s)" - the exact same thing occurs in uploading an unmodified file, which would indicate that the exported file is the issue, not anything to do with modifying and reuploading?
    c) products are not deleting ... ** the assumption here is that if the file was valid it would automativcally update the database (yes/no?)

downloaded files are opened in Open Office (OpenOffic Calc) and data changed in v_status column only then saved and upoladed. Because I need to change only v_status I have used only these file format requests Model/Price/Qty (with Specials) and Model/Price/Breaks (the latter to determine if the former file request was the issue)

The version installed is the LATEST downloaded from the EP4 plugin page - this is the configuration

Configuration Settings
    Upload Directory: admin/temp/
    Primary Key: products_model
    Import Language Override: EASYPOPULATE_4_CONFIG_IMPORT_OVERRIDE
    Verbose Feedback: TRUE
    Split Records: 2000
    Execution Time: 60
    Convert Curly Quotes: No Change
    Convert Char 0x92: Basic
    Enable Products Metatags: 1
    Enable Products Music: 0

Custom Products Fields
    Product Short Descriptions: FALSE
    Product Unit of Measure: FALSE
    Product UPC Code: FALSE
    Google Product Category: FALSE
    Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: FALSE
    Manufacturer's Advertised Price: FALSE
    Group Pricing Per Item: FALSE
    Exclusive Products Mod: FALSE
    Stock By Attributes Mod: FALSE
    CEON URI Rewriter Mod: TRUE
    Dual Pricing Mod: TRUE

User Defined Products Fields:

Installed Languages
    1-en: English
    Default Language: 1-English
    Internal Character Encoding: UTF-8
    DB Collation: utf8mb4

Database Field Lengths
    categories_name:64
    manufacturers_name:32
    products_model:32
    products_name:64
    products_url:255
    artists_name:32
    record_company_name:32
    music_genre_name:32

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your response mc ... I updated admin/easypopulate_4.php with the code from github (using the above and below codes for verification my line numbers varied from that shown in the github but the code snippet was placed ti the correct sequence) .... but there is no change, i.e.
    a) file when exported immediately shows in table as per figure previously posted with comment under 'import' tab "CSV Unknown Delimiter", and
    b) upon uploading the file with data changes, clicking save in current format (v_status changed from '0' to '9' for about 100 products) this message appears in green across the top of the page "File uploaded Successfully: PriceBreaks-EP2022Aug05-104531.csv Issues with the CSV file delimiter(s)" - the exact same thing occurs in uploading an unmodified file, which would indicate that the exported file is the issue, not anything to do with modifying and reuploading?
    c) products are not deleting ... ** the assumption here is that if the file was valid it would automativcally update the database (yes/no?)

downloaded files are opened in Open Office (OpenOffic Calc) and data changed in v_status column only then saved and upoladed. Because I need to change only v_status I have used only these file format requests Model/Price/Qty (with Specials) and Model/Price/Breaks (the latter to determine if the former file request was the issue)

The version installed is the LATEST downloaded from the EP4 plugin page - this is the configuration

Configuration Settings
    Upload Directory: admin/temp/
    Primary Key: products_model
    Verbose Feedback: TRUE
    Split Records: 2000
    Execution Time: 60
    Convert Curly Quotes: No Change
    Convert Char 0x92: Basic
    Enable Products Metatags: 1
    Enable Products Music: 0

Custom Products Fields
    Product Short Descriptions: FALSE
    Product Unit of Measure: FALSE
    Product UPC Code: FALSE
    Google Product Category: FALSE
    Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: FALSE
    Manufacturer's Advertised Price: FALSE
    Group Pricing Per Item: FALSE
    Exclusive Products Mod: FALSE
    Stock By Attributes Mod: FALSE
    CEON URI Rewriter Mod: TRUE
    Dual Pricing Mod: TRUE

User Defined Products Fields:

Installed Languages
    1-en: English
    Default Language: 1-English
    Internal Character Encoding: UTF-8
    DB Collation: utf8mb4

Database Field Lengths
    categories_name:64
    manufacturers_name:32
    products_model:32
    products_name:64
    products_url:255
    artists_name:32
    record_company_name:32
    music_genre_name:32
    The latest file may be present but the updates to that version have not been executed. Obvious because of this line:

In the upper right corner of that screen there should be a link offering to update the installation. After that is done then can talk about other aspects of operation.