Page 5 of 360 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by milobloom View Post
    Sure Thing

What I do is work on 1000's of products at a time...
    I try my best to sort them by simular types and attributese
    Copy 1 and use the admin side to copy all attributes to categories.

I will install Easy Populate 4 on the site tonight since there is no risk.

I am going NUTS because I cannot get my other easy populate to work. But if I can get the job done and have a way to do attributes then I am very excited to work on this mod to work with you.

Milo
    Great! Just be sure to read all the notes! EP4 uses Comma delmited CSV files .... 1.2.5.4 uses TAB delimited TEXT, and categories are handled differently. Don't forget to backup your store or use on a testing database until your are familiar with this version.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Paul... this is very interesting and exciting! Would you make this mod available in the free add-ons at some point? I know there would be a lot of interest in it.
    Well Im using Autoit to create this script and it works just fine but I think that anyone using it will need to edit it for their own purposes.

Also I am automating Excel to convert the CSV. As chadderuski says Open office is a better program . Autoit doesnt have great librarys for Open office as yet. Saying that I only have 100 products in my store at the moment so its not a great test but it is faultless in importing products.

Guess there is two important points .This script wont be perfect for everyone and I wont post in this thread as it will cause thread drift .Happy to start another thread

Going to improve it today as i only done a days work on it and I'm by no means a programmer.

If you have a larger file to test with that would be great. Also Im only interested in working with EP4 , not he legacy EP.

Paul

Plugin Contributions

I will be working Dedicated CRON support.

Just a heads up, but I cannot promise as to when I'll get to it! I have another programmer that's interested in working on this too, so may-hap this will arrive sooner than later!
    This is actually one of the reasons I've broken the script's files up into import/export so that it would be easier to make a direct call on the script like I've seen
    some cron job do. I've never written a cron job before, so this is new territory for me.

Feel free to express your ideas. PM me if you have code to offer.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Hi, have zencart 1.5 installed and added EP4.0. Works fine however need to add in my extra fields I have planned for my new site so that they will be downloaded and uploaded via EP4.0. I had this working using the old EP (using info on thread 116061) however cannot get the old EP to work on zencart 1.5.

I have looked at the easypopulate_4_import.php and easypopulate_4_export to try and apply the same logic however the files are totaly different to the previous easy populate data. Presumably these would be the correct files to add in the extra field names.

Any assistance in the location to add extra code for the addition of my extra fields to enable ep4.0 to upload and download them automatically would be much appeciated. Even if its just which php files and line numbers.

Sorry if this does not make sence but have only just started with php code, websites and sql.

Many Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dkwwkd View Post
    Hi, have zencart 1.5 installed and added EP4.0. Works fine however need to add in my extra fields I have planned for my new site so that they will be downloaded and uploaded via EP4.0. I had this working using the old EP (using info on thread 116061) however cannot get the old EP to work on zencart 1.5.

I have looked at the easypopulate_4_import.php and easypopulate_4_export to try and apply the same logic however the files are totaly different to the previous easy populate data. Presumably these would be the correct files to add in the extra field names.

Any assistance in the location to add extra code for the addition of my extra fields to enable ep4.0 to upload and download them automatically would be much appeciated. Even if its just which php files and line numbers.

Sorry if this does not make sence but have only just started with php code, websites and sql.

Many Thanks
    It's actually much easier than the old EP. What field names are you adding? And are they only in the products database?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for quick responce, I have about 8 or 9 that I am adding. Yes they are all in the products database - the same table as product weight etc. some of them are product_pack, product_author, etc

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dkwwkd View Post
    Thanks for quick responce, I have about 8 or 9 that I am adding. Yes they are all in the products database - the same table as product weight etc. some of them are product_pack, product_author, etc
    The main work is in the includes/functions/extra_functions/easy_populate_4.php file

Go down to the function ep_4_set_filelayout() function. You are going to add layout entries to the "full" case.

Look a the entries for:

if ($ep_supported_mods['upc'] == true) { // UPC Mod
    $filelayout[] = 'v_products_upc';
    }

And a little further down:

$filelayout_sql = 'SELECT ....
    if ($ep_supported_mods['upc'] == true) { // UPC Code mod
    $filelayout_sql .= 'p.products_upc as v_products_upc,';
    }

Basically you are going to create your own mod, and add your file layout and sql statements here.

You will need to define your mod in the easypopulate_4.php file, and then there are a number of additional edits to the easypopulate_4_import.php file.

If this is beyond your php knowledge, PM me a list of the field names as they appear in your products table and their field types. Verify them with phpMyAdmin.

But you should be able to puzzle it out easily enough... $ep_supported_mods[] is how I switch on entries for these mods. So they are found pretty easily.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

**** BUG REPORT **** as of 4.0.17

OKAY, if you are using a multi-byte language (say, greek), the categories will NOT import correctly!

I'm working on a solution, and this has highest priority right now.

Sorry for the inconvenience! I haven't had many people from "way yonder" to help beta test other languages.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

U have used an easypop4 template that I downloaded from my zen admin.

I modified it and added more products

After adding more products I saved and uploaded back to the site

the site said upload successful, but it did not add any new items or update the one that existed.

any Idea as to how I can get this to work and start loading my items?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ediscs View Post
    U have used an easypop4 template that I downloaded from my zen admin.

I modified it and added more products

After adding more products I saved and uploaded back to the site

the site said upload successful, but it did not add any new items or update the one that existed.

any Idea as to how I can get this to work and start loading my items?
    Hi ediscs,

1) Which version of EP4 do you have?
    2) Can you attach a sample of your data with headers intact?
    3) Did you use OpenOffice to create your CSV file using the instructions at the start of this thread.
    You need to use a comma delimited file. Some people have been trying to use data from ep 1.2.5.4
    which is NOT directly compatible.
    4) Are you sure setup your categories correctly?
    5) Did you receive any errors or warnings?

Thanks!

Page 5 of 360 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast