Page 63 of 361 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Serious View Post
    Figured out that I need to zip the .csv file first.
    So here's 1 file that I downloaded
    Attachment 11255

With the previous version of EP I replaced the v_products_weight with v_products_shipping_code
    . This field is used to enter a shipping code that I create/assign with Ceon Adv. Shipper.

So based on my question immediately above this post, can I simply edit ADMIN/includes/functions/extra_functions/easy_populate_4.php so that all instances of v_products_weight is replaced with v_products_shipping_code?
    Hey Serious,

You don't need to do this with EP4. EP4 now supports User Defined Products Fields ... go to Configuration -> Easy Populate 4 and add your products_shipping_code here... support multiple entries separated by a comma, but no spaces or quotes: field_1,field_2,field_3

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by firstcapitalfirearms View Post
    I am new to Easy Populate and have used any kind of software like EP before so please bear with me. I would like to know whether I need to create the categories in ZC before I upload a file or if I need to create a column in EP for the different categories. Ex. I am a licensed gun dealer and want to make sure that when I upload files that semi auto handguns go into the category in ZC for semi auto handguns and not in the revolvers section etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Please read the first post in this thread for instructions on how to import categories. It is also explained in the readme files.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    If I understand WHAT you are doing, then I can only suggest trying this:

Deleted your items from withing the admin normally, then go to the store manager and "optimize" your databases. Now try to import your data with EP4.

If memory serves me right, MySQL doesn't actually delete record entries when you select "delete". It marks the record location as deleted and you you no longer see the deleted record from within phpMyAdmin. When you optimize the database, it compresses the database and removes all deleted entries.

So it appears there is a slight difference in the way that zencart finds the next available record number and the way EP4 does it.

Hope this helps.
    -chadd
    I apologize for the delayed response;

I tried your suggestion to optimize the database, but it still didn't correct the way the products were importing.

For the time being, I just skipped a large number of model numbers so that the last 3 digits of the model number remained consistent with the last 3 digits of the ID.

Plugin Contributions

Default Need Help with easy Pop please help!!

Hello,

I need help with easy pop 4 install. I do know there is a forum support thread which I have looked through over the last day and I can't seem to find what Im looking for. Also it seems like its been a few months since its been commented on so not sure if its active.

Here is my question: I am uploading the files to my host where the zencart is stored for my store and I am following the folders and placing the files in the same folders that they are in the install in. But it seems to not be working as the easy pop 4 option does not seem to be coming up. I am following the install instructions but seem to be doing something wrong can someone please help me!! Where is the files supposed to go that seem to have now folder like the examples files and so on Im really lost!!

Thank you for your help!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need Help with easy Pop please help!!

Ok so I worked out what I was doing wrong and I can now see Easy Populate 4 in the Tools menu. I click on it and i get the following message. It doesn't seem to be in the Install notes so has anyone else had the same issue?
    "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."
    Or have I still got something in the wrong place.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

So I have installed EZ4 and uploaded my file in .csv to my database and it showed as supported on my upload page of my admin. I then imported the file to my zen cart admin and it said import was successful in green at top of screen however I get red error messages that say: No model field in record. This line was not imported what does this mean and how do I fix it. Also would this make it so no products show-up if some products have this.

Also bnesupplies I have that exact same problem but on my option value page still trying to figure out how to fix it. If some one knows that would be great If I find out I will let you know ok BNE please let me know if you do!!

Thank you all for your help and responses.

Plugin Contributions

This question is open to anyone that might have figured this out already, not just chadderuski, so feel free to jump in.

I'm trying to download a spreadsheet, add to the MetaTag cells and then uoload the same file. What I'm finding is that data in the v_products_description_1 fields varies with regards to the format being displayed.

Take a look at the attached .zip file and you'll see the first product description contains more than just text. <br />, <p> are two that I see in the first two product descriptions while the third is just text, and that's what I'd like to see in all of the product descriptions.

With nearly 10k worth of products on my site, this would be an outstanding way of updating my MetaTags for SEO, but I'm kind of stopped untill I get this issue resolved.

Anyone able to shed some light on why the descriptions vary and how I can correct them?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bnesupplies View Post
    Ok so I worked out what I was doing wrong and I can now see Easy Populate 4 in the Tools menu. I click on it and i get the following message. It doesn't seem to be in the Install notes so has anyone else had the same issue?
    "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."
    Or have I still got something in the wrong place.
    This is most certainly a PHP error. Likely because you have not uploaded all files to their correct location, or have some files in the wrong location....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Serious View Post
    This question is open to anyone that might have figured this out already, not just chadderuski, so feel free to jump in.

I'm trying to download a spreadsheet, add to the MetaTag cells and then uoload the same file. What I'm finding is that data in the v_products_description_1 fields varies with regards to the format being displayed.

Take a look at the attached .zip file and you'll see the first product description contains more than just text. <br />, <p> are two that I see in the first two product descriptions while the third is just text, and that's what I'd like to see in all of the product descriptions.

With nearly 10k worth of products on my site, this would be an outstanding way of updating my MetaTags for SEO, but I'm kind of stopped untill I get this issue resolved.

Anyone able to shed some light on why the descriptions vary and how I can correct them?
    Hey Serious,

These tags are basic HTML markup tags. Very useful for formatting your descriptions.

<br></br> = line break
    <b></b> = bold
    <p></p> = paragraph

You shouldn't have to worry about these. If your editor is set to HTML instead of text, you'll get a lot of these in your export file.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

So I have installed EZ4 and uploaded my file in .csv to my database and it showed as supported on my upload page of my admin. I then imported the file to my zen cart admin and it said import was successful in green at top of screen however I get red error messages that say: No model field in record. This line was not imported what does this mean and how do I fix it. Also would this make it so no products show-up if some products have this.

Also bnesupplies I have that exact same problem but on my option value page still trying to figure out how to fix it. If some one knows that would be great If I find out I will let you know ok BNE please let me know if you do!!

Thank you all for your help and responses.

Any help here please!!